SAU Community

Pretty Cool Rb26 Conversion

yep theres a guy on the commodore forum thats doin it. just for the record holden made a ltd edition monaro with the awd. its called a coupe4. the dude from HPF put a big ass turbo on a coupe4. i cant remember how it went.

The problem with the Coupe 4 was that holden only made them as autos due to them being worried about people smashing the drivetrain to pieces doing big limiter launches.

Personally i would love to see a big power Coupe 4 manual. I'm sure it would have been done, just havn't come across one yet. Trent you ever seen one?

i wonder if anyone has taken the adventra running gear and put it in a commodore shell, turbo/supercharged 4wd V8 power

I was thinking of doing that a while ago on top a VP Wagon full sleeper. But then I did some research into the 4wd system and it is beyond crap always breaking especially if you tried to put more power through it than stock. I really wish it wasnt crap because it would of been a brilliant project.

i would be proud to have that parked in my driveway, i reckon the stance, the graphics even the rear wing look agressive yet sleek... regardless of engine type.

yeah I love it! very cool. would be great. nice big 4 door commo, with a screaming 350rwkw 26 in there. should be a fun car and it looks and must sound great too.

yep theres a guy on the commodore forum thats doin it. just for the record holden made a ltd edition monaro with the awd. its called a coupe4. the dude from HPF put a big ass turbo on a coupe4. i cant remember how it went.

rob vickery had the red one, standard motor with a turbo kit. he sold it to the guy that owns BLO402, cant remember his name right now. it runs 12's from memory *ninja edit, guys name is gary pope*

theres one up in sydney, 400+cu stroker, turbo, running high 10's in FULL street trim

Edited by VB-

i saw a VU ute at easter nats a couple of years back, blending in as they do, and was about to walk straight past when i saw an rb26 parked in the engine bay.

i did a double take and yeah, it was a 26 with a high mount and a cooler and what not. pretty cool.

then the owner came back, looking for all the world like corey worthingtons older brother with big yellow sunnies, cap sideways, dollar signs around his neck, a heap of jewelry, and just generaly looking like a douche. worst part was he had two smoking hot birds with him *shakes head*

anyway started talking to him and he'd blown his gearbox doing skids, which is all any 'nats is good for. he was running a 3spd auto *double face palm*

rowdy

i saw a VU ute at easter nats a couple of years back, blending in as they do, and was about to walk straight past when i saw an rb26 parked in the engine bay.

i did a double take and yeah, it was a 26 with a high mount and a cooler and what not. pretty cool.

then the owner came back, looking for all the world like corey worthingtons older brother with big yellow sunnies, cap sideways, dollar signs around his neck, a heap of jewelry, and just generaly looking like a douche. worst part was he had two smoking hot birds with him *shakes head*

anyway started talking to him and he'd blown his gearbox doing skids, which is all any 'nats is good for. he was running a 3spd auto *double face palm*

rowdy

that cars been for sale for ages claiming to have 1100hp.....

that cars been for sale for ages claiming to have 1100hp.....

lol! not so sure about that. 'ol mate would probably have written himself off in that. all that power and no wieght over the rear.

All I can think is. Why would you bother? Some people honestly just have too much money.

Which is why you drive a 33.

This is DIFFERENT.

Think outside the box yeah?

woah... an RB in a commodore. I'm sure that's a first :P

</sarcasm>

I would seriously be impressed if it was a VE commonwhore though. I can't stop myself from thinking they look awesome. Unfortunately unless they're packing an LS1 or LS7 they're kinda disappointing to drive.