SAU Community

Na Rb26 Autech

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its about what it is, not just how fast it can go. For some people speed and horsepower is not the only criteria for a car. Rarity, history or simply because they want to can be part of the reason for ownership.

Factory wise I understood the Autech RB26DE was pretty good on the power stakes.

I understand the RB26DE 217hp (162kw)

R32 RB20DE is only 155hp (115kw)

R32 RB20DET is 212hp (158kw)

Maybe the one they dragged was nackered. Bare in mind all 200 built were also autos. 4wd too I think.

Certianly if I was able to find and afford one of those R32 Autech RB26DE's I would. I wouldn't expect it to outrun a turbo

Wonder how many are left.

Nigel

Right.

I am assuming now that your a bit thick. So I'll spell it out slowly and carefully just for you seeing that everyone else seems to know whats going on.

Engine 1) Autech RB26DE, same compression, no turbo, more expensive than a RB26DETT

Engine 2) RB26DETT, same compression, twin turbo, less expensive than the Autech

It costs more and is cheaper to just f**king well buy a proper RB26DETT in the first place and not have to f**k about with god damn routing lines and manifolds and all the other bulls**t.

WHY WOULD YOU BUY AND TURBO AN AUTECH RB26?!?!

ANSWERS TO ABOVE RHETORICAL QUESTION (as in it didn't need answering but you know what 'cause your slow I'll answer it anyway): If you bought an Autech you wanted rare. And if you bought an Autech instead of a GTR your not going to turbo it. 'Cause if you did you would be a grade a cock smoker because you could have bought an equivalent GTR for less money.

OR

You got an Autech RB26 for a pittance, for absolutely sweet f**k all.

Does that answer your question as to why you would and wouldn't turbo an Autech RB26?

Get f**ked you top bloke, go somewhere else and diss everyone you arrogant son of a bitch

WHY WOULD YOU BUY AND TURBO AN AUTECH RB26?!?!

did you bother to ask or do research on the block and crank spec as well many other items you forgot to touch on about the internal spec's on the motor and not to mention its a hand built motor built at Autech and was built on a completely different asembly line?

Your all a bunch of f*kn idiots. Firstly i didn't say anything like hey turb the f**ker, i just said is it possible to turb it.

Secondly i only asked if u could turb it too see if there was any more room for more power as any car is better with more power (unless its already high hp) and if your going to fork out a shit load for it just for the right to say in a nerdy way " hey look at me i have an r32 autech, it may not be that quick and it may look like a normal gts but ITS AN AUTECH and its rare coz they didn't make many (coz there not that great) and its cool coz i payed lots for it"

Either way i don't give a f**k what u think or say i know what this car is, if your going to pay lots for an N/A you might as well pay a meesly few extra dollars (compared to the rip off price you'd pay for it) and bump up the power and if you want to bitch about that then im going to say just what you said "why the f**k would you..." buy an expensive slow N/A

(if you say its just for the title then your just one of those f**ked up people that need to have something they think is special and wave it about in other peoples faces for attention)

And bro if i put a lump of shit in your hands and said it was hand made on the planet mars would you be impressed?

Edited by R34 -_-

Your all a bunch of f*kn idiots. Firstly i didn't say anything like hey turb the f**ker, i just said is it possible to turb it.

Secondly i only asked if u could turb it too see if there was any more room for more power as any car is better with more power (unless its already high hp) and if your going to fork out a shit load for it just for the right to say in a nerdy way " hey look at me i have an r32 autech, it may not be that quick and it may look like a normal gts but ITS AN AUTECH and its rare coz they didn't make many (coz there not that great) and its cool coz i payed lots for it"

Either way i don't give a f**k what u think or say i know what this car is, if your going to pay lots for an N/A you might as well pay a meesly few extra dollars (compared to the rip off price you'd pay for it) and bump up the power and if you want to bitch about that then im going to say just what you said "why the f**k would you..." buy an expensive slow N/A

(if you say its just for the title then your just one of those f**ked up people that need to have something they think is special and wave it about in other peoples faces for attention)

And bro if i put a lump of shit in your hands and said it was hand made on the planet mars would you be impressed?

lol :(

hahaha sorry but that made me laugh lol :(

funny shit, why do people buy 260rs stageas when a gtr is lighter and faster? because its different, why do people build L series motors when they could just drop in a rb? because its different, at the end of the day a r32 autech will always hold alot more value than a r32 gtr because people will appreciate it for what it is, not what it isnt, and yes, a lump of shit hand made from mars is pretty impressive

The car it was made for holds the value...not the engine.

Unless you're saying the RB26s in Stag's are the valuable bit and different? no...the :OFASTSTATIONWAGON part is different.

It's not hard to knock a couple of turbo's off and make an engine identical to the one in mention...the Auto, 4 Door, R32 is what's 'different' since only 200 were produced.

well im just gona put it out there that if i came accross a auech rb26 id be bumping up the comp maybe 30 botom end, go itb and straight pipe that shit, along wif some insane cams, dump it into an s chassis and go hav urself some fun with a rare/fun (even tho yes expensive) setup.

just my opinion, cool find

Why would you go to all the trouble and expense of buying an Autech RB26 only to rip the head off and stick it on a forklift motor?

doesnt make sense...the heads are the same as normal RB26 jobbies.

• 2 weeks later...

.... somebody lit the fuse on your tampon string

.... somebody lit the fuse on your tampon string

let me guess your one of those ignorant dumb asses that skim through threads until you notice something and then post a reply to it without even knowing what its about? good job your opinions must be of real value and use to everyone yea?

let me guess your one of those ignorant dumb asses that skim through threads until you notice something and then post a reply to it without even knowing what its about? good job your opinions must be of real value and use to everyone yea?

let me guess you take shit too literally and personally?

I have read the entire thread, and i understand that the rb26de autech was a rare motor, and you were asking if it can be turboed, but then others saying it becomes a rb26de+t which cheaper option would have been a rb26det which would be exactly the same minus the wank factor of having a rare motor that has been turboed,

then you blew up went ape shit then called n/a motors expensive and slow, you dont give a shit what others think blah blah yet you were so busy explaining yourself so obviously you do, or maybe you got no actual knowledge and expressing yourself online made you feel more of a man

end result you should probably take a deep breath and think twice about making yourself sound like a tool again

/end bullshit

(hope this gets it back on topic)

Sheep.

Haha nah actually mate (actuall f*k off ur not my mate) i only "blew up" coz some dick just like you dissed me for asking about turbn the na 26, so i defended myself in saying "why not' turb it if u were going to pay out the arse for an N/A motor and as for the wank factor??? if someone was to turb a rare motor that would pretty much be the same as the standard rb26 and cost more... pfft what your trying to say is that the only reason you'd buy a non turb rb26 is coz its rare and different regardless of its power you'd rather have the N/A over the T, and if for some reason down the track you wanted more power if you put a turbo on it your instantly a wanker? haha now that bit is just bullshit.

And about that 2nd to last piece of shit you typed maybe you should think twice about posting a reply with a single lined insult that didn't have anything to do with you and further more you didn't even mention anything about the autech, if you wana cut the bullshit and get back on topic why'd u join in and carry on someone else's argument from like 3 weeks ago.

/end bullshit

(hope this gets it back on topic)

Edited by R34 -_-

to be honest i couldnt care less how "rare" that engine is. if i went up to any regular car guy and told them i had an NA rb26 they would piss themselves laughing quickly followed by "why would u take the turbos off a gtr engine??" an engine like that is only any good to a collector or 1 of the 50 ppl in aus that would actually know about it.