SAU Community

What happened to MINES_DATSUN's thread?

mines deleted it himself... he was sick of people bitching at him. at the later stages of the thread it got out of hand and if mines didn't delete it, i'm sure a mod would have been tempted to close it.

It would have been preferable to have it closed rather than deleted, I don't suppose an admin can resurrect it and just close it. The bad thing about it being deleted is now people will either forget what a knob he is or new users will just not know about his "accidents", and start giving him credibility again. Not to mention start giving him praise over the purchase of his new GTR unaware that he's incapable of driving either 4WD or RWD.

Somehow that thread needs to be remembered. And if he changes his name, we need to be aware of it. I for one am sick of wanktards like him giving out stupid advice and opinions when they have no clue themselves about anything (eg, "GTS-t is not powerful enough, GTR all the way!" "Mobil 1 is the best fuel" "Why are you driving a Maxima?" etc)

I do not like flaming people as a general rule but this guy goes beyond the pale. He knows nothing about cars but pretends to know everything, can't drive, can't write constructive forum posts... so why is he even here? At worst he should stick to lurking, at best he should just bugger off altogether.

JimX its really not that important... if he wants it deleted let him.

Also, dont you think its funny how there have been other people just like him but crashed their GTS etc (or rolled it) and they dont get any shit cos it wasnt in a GTR.......

he pissed a lot of people off... it's a shitload easier to yell at someone you dislike. plus he didn't pay for the car. oh and it was his second write off. lots of things amounted to 12 pages of abuse.

Dave, the reason he copped shit wasn't that he crashed a GTR, it was because (a) he talks bollocks on these forums, (B) he's already crashed another car by being a dickhead, © he didn't pay for either car he wrote off himself, and (d) he wants to replace the car he wrote off with another GTR which he will probably write off in the same way again.

Still, it's not all his own fault. At least some of the responsibility has to rest on his parents.

I thought users didn't have the right to delete an entire thread if there were posts in it??They didn't use to anyhow! I think that is the way it should be.. People shouldn't always be able to hide the evidence if people disagree with them or set them straight.

I'm fully with JimX - i think that was a very important thread and some important advice and comments in there and some different perspectives. While there were some negatives, it also shows there isn't room in here for people like that and keeps a lot of the wanna be dickheads off here, and hopefully off buying a skyline.

There was a lot of abuse in there, but quite rightly so.. and also some wise words from all sides of the fence i think. It was one of the best threads on SAU for a long time I thought!

But rrrage.. in real life if you were say, a politician and you called someone a "sheep ****ing homosexual" (for instance), and a journalist went and heard that and publicised that its not as if you can go "oh i take that back, i delete it".. and all associated references and articles on that were deleted like u never said it !?- The real world don't work like that!

Same if you said you wanted to bone your best friend's girlfriend.. then later you just go 'oh I'll DELETE that i ever said that and it'll be all ok".. world don't work like that.. here should be no difference.

Also, dont you think its funny how there have been other people just like him but crashed their GTS etc (or rolled it) and they dont get any shit cos it wasnt in a GTR.......
Only reason I (and others) gave him any shit was cause he pissed me off with his incessant ramblings. I'd already decided he was a wanker within his first 10 posts. I learned to ignore it and just hoped he would get bored with the forums.

As I said in my one and only post in his accident thread, I saw it coming, I always thought he was a wanker, and this just proved it.

Dave, the reason he copped shit wasn't that he crashed a GTR, it was because (a) he talks bollocks on these forums, (B) he's already crashed another car by being a dickhead, © he didn't pay for either car he wrote off himself, and (d) he wants to replace the car he wrote off with another GTR which he will probably write off in the same way again.
:werd:

(e) he's a wanker

(f) he didn't insure a $40000 car

(g) he's a knob

(h) he still believed he was a good driver and was not at fault

(i) he's a fool

(j) he wanted to repair his car, then he didn't, then he did

(k) he's a toss

(l) he's a shit speaker

(m) he's a wanker

I'm fully with JimX - i think that was a very important thread and some important advice and comments in there and some different perspectives. While there were some negatives, it also shows there isn't room in here for people like that and keeps a lot of the wanna be dickheads off here, and hopefully off buying a skyline.

There was a lot of abuse in there, but quite rightly so.. and also some wise words from all sides of the fence i think. It was one of the best threads on SAU for a long time I thought!

:werd:

I couldn't believe how quickly the thread grew. Plenty of abuse and also plenty of sympathy from those who didn't dislike Denis or hadn't been witness to his ramblings. It DID get out of hand in the end though. Perhaps a better option would have been just to lock the thread as is usually done...

Did anybody save any of the pics he took? If you could post them here, it would be much appreciated. I have a shrine to our long lost skylines...

Well, I didn't even get a chance to post a reply because entire pages were appearing before I had finished reading the previous, I always read entire threads before posting and the sucker was gone before I got the chance. There will always be people who speak before they think as there will always be kids that get gtr's for free. Mines-Datsun needs to do alot of growing up and deserved every bit of flamage as a result of his childish rantings. The original thread should be made accsessable and locked for the benefit of others, and should be located in a new section called Rampant Stupidity. I have done some very dangerous and stupid things when I was younger and accepted the resultant flamage from my elders and peers at the time. had forums of this nature been available at the time I would not have posted such misadventures, and if I had I would have deleted it too and never returned. But that's me. :)

guys - forum members have always been able to delete their own threads....it's the way the software has always worked...

if one of the mods had deleted it, then maybe we'd consider bringing it back and locking it, but since minesdatsun did it, well - it's his right to do so.

most regulars on here have long memories...i sure most of us know who's a knob and who isn't ;)