SAU Community

Datsun 240k Coupe

cruzin33

Im looking at getting a datsun 240k coupe rolling shell of a mate for free, full of rust but iv got the tools to cut and shut myself. Iv done a bit of research on the 240's but i'm confused with my search result. Im searching 240k coupe and it keeps comming up with nissan skyline c110. I dont have pics of the coupe but its got round rear lights if that helps. I would also like to know what are my easy motor options as its a rolling shell.

Cheers

Dave

Datsun 240K was the Export name of the Nissan Skyline C110/C111

Australia got different tailights to japanese domestic models as far as I know.

Australia 240K GL:

Mvc-257f.jpg

Japan GTR:

kenmarygtr1.jpg

Edited by Socrates

Front suspension can be sourced from other datsun's also.

Rear you can still buy shocks and springs new.

easy engine swaps would be Lseries Straight 6

You could also go

Chev V8

RB Series

SR Series

provided you do the job wright i believe most of those options would be able to get eng and registered aswell

Mechanical parts are no biggie.

Original interior and good panels are almost impossible to find. Be prepared for buckets of rust removal/panel beating of what you have already got, and that you will need to spend a fortune on interior retrimming or go for a non-original interior.

Mechanical parts are no biggie.

Original interior and good panels are almost impossible to find. Be prepared for buckets of rust removal/panel beating of what you have already got, and that you will need to spend a fortune on interior retrimming or go for a non-original interior.

Id love to keep the interior original but im sure this car was missing most of the interior so i might have to custom make parts to suit unless you have some spare parts laying around :P

If you haven't already found it there is an awesome RB/240k restoration on classiczcars. Buckets of useful info for you there. Look for posts by kidk.

On the site now :D

• 1 month later...

I took some pics today after dumping the car at my nans ( large backyard unlike myn) Im not sure what to do with it yet maybe a rb20det gtr mock up?

1-1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

The bay is seam welded by previous owner

It has the stock 240k rear round lights in good con but the boot is shithouse :/

Heaps of potential, but also heaps of work!

I would get an L series in there for the minute. once its up and restored and running, then look at conversions. ( you might get sic of it before then and have to sell up the RB)

do a lil bit of quick rust repair to keep the rust at bay and keep it out of the rain

looks clean enough considering its age :happy:

Im going to start some cut and shut rust repair this weekend and see if i can get my hands on a boot. Can i use a boot from a 4door?

Heaps of potential, but also heaps of work!

I would get an L series in there for the minute. once its up and restored and running, then look at conversions. ( you might get sic of it before then and have to sell up the RB)

My mate that i got the car of said he might have most of the old engine laying around + a box of spares :whistling: i was thinking of staying with the old motor at first to get it back on the road so im hoping he has most of the engine parts

Id have that for free. no problems,

shit id pay money for it to be honest

ya im pretty happy with the car, its going to be a bit of work to get her back on the road but it will be worth it.

Did they ever make replacement skins for the panels?

Nice pick up....

I restored an EK ute a few years ago and had to do a lot of making of panels... There was some easy stuff to get and some stuff that you just could not get and had to fabricate... Pain in the arse in both respects to be honest as I had to call around to and visit a lot of wreckers to get certain parts...

Oh and this was before you could jump on the net and just google it to find it (ok, ok, it may have been MORE than a few years ago) so a lot of scouring of wreckers was involved....

I still recommend a good scrummage at the wreckers, you will be very surprised at what you will find :whistling: You will be surprised at how many parts you will find for old dattos.....

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...