SAU Community

I Think I Wrote Off My Car

xALmoN

Anyway the quote from the panel beater is out, and its definitely a write off, i've sent off the quote to AAMI and i'm now waiting for them to send an assessor down to check out my car. Fingers crossed now, hoping they won't give me a stupid price on my car.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

AAMI are pretty good my wife had a KIA reo with a body kit (now that was GAY but oddly fun to drive lol)

and it got backed into 3 times and trashed by an angry customer and each time they repaired it on the other persons insurance (accept for the vandalism that was on McDonald's )

6k sounds a little too scary, i'd definitely be making an outcry if thats the case, that's bullshit.

Isn't her insurance supposed to give me enough cash to get another supra equivalent to mine, which means 20,000kms on the clock, perfect interior and original carpets. 6k won't get me that, 8k wont get me that, not even 10k would.

Nah mate, just what they consider the market value of the car. I'm not sure how exactly they decide that, I would think it would something like the value of the car on redbook, if its good enough for the government i'd imagine its good enough for an insurance company. Redbook values a 1993 non-turbo Supra at 8,900-11,200. So around that I would imagine.

yeah they value my 93 gtst at 7900 to 10000 but when i asked racv they offered me market value, i think 6900 from memory and that was 2 years ago...AAMI dont even insure imports so i dont know..Cant wait to find out.. :whoops: .

Edited by Arthur T3

Oh FFS.

I never said the car has to go anywhere. All I f**king said was they will want someone, be it one of their in house assessors or approved panel guys to have a f**king look at the car. It's pretty f**king simple and it's correct. They will not pay out a claim without first having a look at the car in some way, shape or form.

And where did I say they are "walk(ing) all over" me? You think I came down in the last shower? If the RACV reckon I'll settle for anything less than what I have already decided on, then they are sorely mistaken.

f**king read what I said before opening your mouth.

Hope it all goes well for you, I have heard only bad things about RAC from people. Even my mum hates them, they took 2 and a half years to pay her out for a car that someone with RAC insurance wrote off in 1974 lol and it seems they havn't changed much since then

Nah mate, just what they consider the market value of the car. I'm not sure how exactly they decide that, I would think it would something like the value of the car on redbook, if its good enough for the government i'd imagine its good enough for an insurance company. Redbook values a 1993 non-turbo Supra at 8,900-11,200. So around that I would imagine.

hay man i wrote of my 1994 NA mkiv supra back in the day (twas my first car)

it was like 3.5 years ago and i got back nearly 20k :bunny:

Anyway the quote from the panel beater is out, and its definitely a write off, i've sent off the quote to AAMI and i'm now waiting for them to send an assessor down to check out my car. Fingers crossed now, hoping they won't give me a stupid price on my car.

They'll give you what you want (within reason). No doubt they will offer you lower, but you have no contract with them. If you are dissatisfied then tell them to try again. If they jack up threaten to take them to small claims seeking a reasonable payout + costs.

f**k 'em. You are not at fault so why should this cost you anything?

They'll give you what you want (within reason). No doubt they will offer you lower, but you have no contract with them. If you are dissatisfied then tell them to try again. If they jack up threaten to take them to small claims seeking a reasonable payout + costs.

f**k 'em. You are not at fault so why should this cost you anything?

Yeah, thanks man, i figured they'd have to, although they would try to pay out as little as possible, they're not even providing me with a courtesy car, can i rent a car and charge the costs incurred to them?

• 4 weeks later...

need, new front tires for rwc and i need to transfer the rego to my name, well, gimme about 4 weeks it should be all ready.

it is, pretty damn fast, i'm impressed. although the interior is a little dated, i can live with it.

need, new front tires for rwc and i need to transfer the rego to my name, well, gimme about 4 weeks it should be all ready.

it is, pretty damn fast, i'm impressed. although the interior is a little dated, i can live with it.

Supra interiors are dated too.

Post pics of the GTR. Course its fast mate lol.......

Supra interiors are dated too.

Post pics of the GTR. Course its fast mate lol.......

a little too lazy to take them pics, just washed the car, some scratches here and there, and one dint on the rear side panel, but what do you expect from a car built in 89.

on thursday i'll have a full day off, maybe then i'll take some pictures.

Fookin' sweet :blink:

How much did AAMI pay out for the Supra, if you don't mind me asking?

Also, I ended up getting my $1850 from the RACV. I sent them a long email with some links to 180bs for sale and some info regarding their current desirability amongst rally people so they capitulated.

YES!

I will be insuring it, =D.

at 1400/year with justcar, it'd be stupid not to.

AAMI paid me 14950 for my supra, its a pretty good price. But all this money is going towards getting this gtr on the road.