SAU Community

Help With Translating A Sticker Please

scotty014

i have a sticker on my car located on the roof on the drivers side. all i know is that it must have something to do with 100,000km and would like to know what the rest of it says please :woot:

post-41669-1279422987_thumb.jpg

i have a sticker on my car located on the roof on the drivers side. all i know is that it must have something to do with 100,000km and would like to know what the rest of it says please :rofl:

Says to change your timing belt every 100 000kms. I beleive all RBs are none interference engines so its not the end of the world if it snaps but still you probably wanna change it if you dunno how old it is.

Edited by *LOACH*

Says to change your timing belt every 100 000kms. I beleive all RBs are none interference engines so its not the end of the world if it snaps but still you probably wanna change it if you dunno how old it is.

ok, thanks for that, kinda stupid sticker then lol. im sure everyone knows that you change the belt every 100,000km. i dont think i need a sticker on the roof to remind me that :rofl:

Change your timing belt @100k

i have a sticker on my car located on the roof on the drivers side. all i know is that it must have something to do with 100,000km and would like to know what the rest of it says please ;)

ok, thanks for that, kinda stupid sticker then lol. im sure everyone knows that you change the belt every 100,000km. i dont think i need a sticker on the roof to remind me that ;)

not always the case! Some cars ask to be changed eariler 60,000km etc

Its just that its common knowledge in the used skyline scene that its 100,000km.

Umm... I thought that RB's _were_ interference engines. a quick google seems to agree, not that thats gospel. I wouldn't risk it.

Umm... I thought that RB's _were_ interference engines. a quick google seems to agree, not that thats gospel. I wouldn't risk it.

I definately wouldnt risk it either but I thought they were non interference, from what I have been told.

I realise the value of mates stories is not so high but I did have a mate who lost an idler guide or pulley (cant remember which) while driving so the timing was gone and he didnt have any valve/piston contact. That was on an RB30 SOHC though so it might be different (head was shaved a fair bit though so standard RB30s must have heaps of clearance).

The sticker says " the owner of this car likes the sword"

the 100000km is saying how far you will travel to get some

:)

HHhhhhhaaaaaaa classic. :thumbsup::D

To the brainwashed Japanese owner, it means when nearing 100,000, its time for complete and utter panic that their car is old and done too many km's and is totally worthless and they have to go trade it on a new upgrade, get completely ripped off on their trade in as once it hits that magic 100,000 no Japanese in their right mind would want it.

God forbid spending any money on their current car, let alone opening the bonnet.

I've watched time and time again, Japanese mates trade their cars off at a pittance to dealers

That little sticker is why the japanese upgrade their cars, not because reg (shakken) is expensive.

agreed. while the literal translation says to change timing belt at 100,000kms what it says to any nihon-jin is "car will self destruct at +/- 10% of 100,000kms, dump car at auction now".

agreed. while the literal translation says to change timing belt at 100,000kms what it says to any nihon-jin is "car will self destruct at +/- 10% of 100,000kms, dump car at auction now".

Mate senidng it to auction is too bloody たいへん and to most japanese they wouldnt have a bloody clue how to send it to Auction thus take it to a dealer and bend over and get shafted.

Ever watched a Japanese tie up a shoelace ?? Very interesting

• 1 month later...
ok, thanks for that, kinda stupid sticker then lol. im sure everyone knows that you change the belt every 100,000km. i dont think i need a sticker on the roof to remind me that :D

What stopped me is that you said the sticker is on the roof! WTF? Should be on the top side of the cam belt cover (from factory, anyway).