SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

Sounds like a sorted package. I personally wouldnt bother with cams. I think std are fine. That said I do have some Tomei 256/8.5mm cams that may get a god in a few weeks when my car finally goes E85. Perhaps they will work, but I suspect I will lose power again.I will be sure to report back either way.

And just got back from the SAU Nationals where the car ran pretty well all day. A few little gremlins that hurt early running but car drive home which is the main thing. I think its time for a compression test to see how the engine is holding up.

Cheers roy and yeh i think it shall be killa,just gotta wait for the install and tune now to see how she goes..

goodluck with the car and i will be interested to see how the cams go.

• 2 weeks later...

So car is booked in for rail install the week after next. About time I get the rails from underneath teh desk at work and in the car. Keen to get the interior finally sorted in my car....though a little sad that this will mean the demise of the ability to install road seats :(

New weld in chrome moly mounts

med_gallery_462_50_67568.jpg

med_gallery_462_50_97867.jpg

New OMP side mounts

HC832E_600.jpg

And new Sparco seat

pro-adv.jpg

What pads are you running? I had shuddering problems with my stoptech rotors, and endless pads. I skimmed the rotors, and changed to Hawks and it made a big difference, but they still have a shudder. Just wondering if it's the rotors?

Not the rotors. Its all tied back to the Performance Friction PFC06 pads I was running. They didnt like street driving and resutled in uneven pad deposits on the rotors. Then the problem was I didnt get the rotors ground when installed RB74s so had problems bedding the new pads because the old PFC06 material was still on the rotor. This mean the RB74s kept glazing. So after every session I removed the pads and gave them a rub on the concrete and all was good for a few laps until they glazed over again.

Each session they got better, I am expecting at PI this weekend I may have to do it one more time but I think I have just about all the old pad material removed y just general use

Thread name change is easy

My seat is slightly different, still, it's not as if you cant check if theres a car next to you. Got this in carbon kevlar;

Corbeau%20revenge.jpg

Anyway, doesnt matter

Private seller locally. Yeah had a look overseas for what they're worth, i think here they're something like $2400 or so

I had it for sale for a while for cheap and it's in basically new condition, there's only 1 small 10c size mark on it. But decided to keep it cause I'll eventually be able to use it

Just got back from Phillip Island and the good news is a did a 1:48/1:49. Need to look closer at the footage to see what the actual time is.

The bad news is I backed to back the footage of the car on the track before I put on the 6boost and Plazmaman inlet and the old setup hammered the current in a straight line. So compression test the engine and pulling off the Plazmaman. I was in two minds but you see how much quicker then car was with the std inlet and there is no contest. Its that obvious :(

I want to go back next weekend as there is another PI day. I have a gearbox leak that stopped me going out and giving it a good go with the right pressures. Car was also knocking its head off in 5th all the way down the straight which was a little unnerving...but kept my foot into it enough to get a laptime

Just got back from Phillip Island and the good news is a did a 1:48/1:49. Need to look closer at the footage to see what the actual time is.

Great sutff on laying down a low 49 mate. All it needed was some bald semi comps.

Oh..and the lil 20 is now finally starting to get blow-by :(

more boost is needed to compensate for the boost that is hiding in the sump!

Bris, listen to Ben. This has worked for me over the years...

kinda.

Private seller locally. Yeah had a look overseas for what they're worth, i think here they're something like $2400 or so

I had it for sale for a while for cheap and it's in basically new condition, there's only 1 small 10c size mark on it. But decided to keep it cause I'll eventually be able to use it

Thats how much they sting your for locally. OS they are more like $1400