SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

• 2 weeks later...

Whats all this about IRISH school? LOL

yeah sorry, obscure rescue me/dennis leary reference. he's old school irish, like troy. lol.

mate you should be thankful they keep letting you back in to australia! it's a miracle you're able to get into any country at all so be greatful of all the places that WILL give you a visa. who wants to go to ireland anyway? beer is rubbish and the chicks there can't make up their minds...

Have you had a chance to test your stoptechs yet Troy?

Not yet....been crazy busy with work. The brackets are machined up, lines, pads everything sitting at mechanics ready to go on. I just have not had time to get out there and fit them. One day once the fog of working 7d/wk passes :)

• 4 weeks later...

Any updates love of the thread mate.

dunno weather to go: rb25, rb25/30, or stay with my rb20 and go similar route as you.

Hows it go on the street on your old setup trust one? Thats my pick of the bunch

The Trust manifold with 8cm TD06-20G was not too bad on the street. If you want a quick street car then something smaller like a GT-SS would make for a nicer car....or an RB25. But if you can live with a powerband from 4,500rpm to 8,000rpm then the lil 20 is an ok thing. Its tough and reliable and cheap.

As for updates...I have replaced the 100mm ARC cooler with an OE R34 GTR cooler. The Stoptechs are on with 343mm x 32mm rotor with PFC06 pads and about the only thing left to do is clean up the cooler piping with the Plazmaman plenum then start enjoying it again. The E85 tune and 10cm housing and Tomei cams may be back on the cards. They are sitting here ready to be used. But for now just want to have some fun punting it

As for updates...I have replaced the 100mm ARC cooler with an OE R34 GTR cooler. The Stoptechs are on with 343mm x 32mm rotor with PFC06 pads and about the only thing left to do is clean up the cooler piping with the Plazmaman plenum then start enjoying it again. The E85 tune and 10cm housing and Tomei cams may be back on the cards. They are sitting here ready to be used. But for now just want to have some fun punting it

Nice Troy. What are PFC06's?

I'm planning on hitting the track in June. You around at all?

The Trust manifold with 8cm TD06-20G was not too bad on the street. If you want a quick street car then something smaller like a GT-SS would make for a nicer car....or an RB25. But if you can live with a powerband from 4,500rpm to 8,000rpm then the lil 20 is an ok thing. Its tough and reliable and cheap.

Most people with 26's live with that sort of powerband anyway, so realistically It's not bad at all.

Nice Troy. What are PFC06's?

I'm planning on hitting the track in June. You around at all?

Pads by Performance Friction ...

Performance Friction 06 Race pads have high average torque output, similar to PFC01, rising over its operating temperature range, and a MOT of 2000 degrees F. Excellent bite, exceptionally low rotor wear, and better than average pad wear. May be used for endurance racing, like PFC97, but with significantly higher bite.

Yeh, think I am quitting my job on Wednesday so will have plenty of time to play with the car in June

Pads by Performance Friction ...

Performance Friction 06 Race pads have high average torque output, similar to PFC01, rising over its operating temperature range, and a MOT of 2000 degrees F. Excellent bite, exceptionally low rotor wear, and better than average pad wear. May be used for endurance racing, like PFC97, but with significantly higher bite.

Yeh, think I am quitting my job on Wednesday so will have plenty of time to play with the car in June

Quitting ey? To live in Melb or abroad?

What's a set of front pads worth? I'm looking at H16-03 from Project Mu, they call them Club racer. About 400 a set of fronts for my G4's. Heard anything about them?

• 2 weeks later...

Fancy have a noise limit on a race track :( So seems like I am going to go back to my old tune and plumbed back gate :( Fancy losing power, and sounding shit :( Oh well, better then being black flagged in the first session of the day and wasting $180

Most tracks have a 95DBA noise limit as measured 30 metres away from the edge of the track.

EC is one of the only ones I know of in Aus that doesn't.

My screamer will definitely be on for SL then!