SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

Hey, i have two sets of semis...RE55s and AO50s to back to back. Car is doing every track day it can...working in Brisbane is going to pose a few problems but will be doing 6-10 track days this year no problem. This has all been a result of trying to get a bit more from the std motor. It has been a case of dead money but its not stopping me from entering track days... the biggest problem is the track calender has dried up :( WRX not doing any PI days, no Sandown to later in the year. Maserati deciding to do their PI day the other week on a Friday.

So the opportunity has not been there to giv eit a blast :( And this bolt on exercise has done nothing to help motivation :)

So which of the two semis do you reckon is better? Not that a semi of any sort is good for anything much, but I digress.

Yeh I am up in Brissie 4-5 weekdays and when things get sorted will spend some weekends up there, but at the moment we are in the design phase so have to be between two states.

I am working in Virginia and staying in Redcliffe, though may move back to the city when things quieten down a little

Someone needs to point me in the direction of who runs days at Lakeside and I need to get my car up there

Roy - I live out near where you are staying..

Catch up on the weekend if you want.

a mate is racing in the "High Undie eggsell" series and has a race there this sunday.

let me know if you want to head up there and have a chat with people.

pm me your contact details if you are keen mate.

Edited by GTST

Will get in touch when work settles down. In the meantime some filing of faces after finding some inlet leaks and some further tweaking of tune checking colour of plugs etc and almost as good as before plenum wjich is something I guess. Still no improvent, but now looks like I can live with it

shame about the plenum, thought it might have brought some benefits.

I'm also keen to develop my RB20 rather than drop in an RB25, I agree that the 20 can make enough power/torque to overpower a RWD chassis, and they're tough!

Your setup seemed quite responsive on that track video, I'm impressed for such a large turbo, making me reconsider going for something smaller like a gt25/30

Well Russman on the forum has a quick GTSt and runs a 2530, when we drive each others cars there really us not a lot of difference in response. Of course the 2530 is punchier but does not the same top end...but end result is a about the same

I

QLD RACEWAY 5 ROUND SERIES

Round 1 – Tuesday 15 February

Round 2 – Wednesday 16 March

Round 3 – Wednesday 25 May

Round 4 – Wednesday 7 September

Round 5 – Tuesday 15 November

LAKESIDE 4 ROUND SERIES

Round 1 – Sunday 30 January

Round 2 – Thursday 28 April

Round 3 – Tuesday 21 June

Round 4 – Tuesday 11 October

SPECIAL EVENT – QLD Raceway Tuesday 26 JULY

Nissan Event – AM Session

WRX – EVO Event – PM Session

Regards

Paul Ruzic

041 112 7374

[email protected]

Time attack calender for qr and lakeside roy.

A good way to hook up with most of the qld crowd as a good percentage of them participate in this series.

You owe it to yourself to try and squeeze some track time up at morgan park as well. A great track