SAU Community

A Boy's Love For His Rb20

Wholeee bugeesus.... 300 from a stock internal 20! Whooohooo!!!

Hey Damo, is there any e85 servo's in Tas yet?

Cheers

Justin

i shit you not sir. its lapping basky at around 58s and is fairly stock with most bits.

no E85 servos but we have a workshop[ brining race quality stuff in.

Isn't that car only running E30 ATM?

yea i think your right. its not real E85 its some special blend with only around 30% ethanol.

Well thats good to know! I preferred the last set I had as they had dark grey anodised hats rather then the silver...but such is life

Gee your a hard parker Roy

Installed the ARC swaybars, removed the plumb back on the gate. Encouraging thing is it now doesnt run right so hopefully that means since the a re-tune is needed that there is an improvement to be had sometime this week before we start playing with plenums and cams.

Tried wiring up the Gizzmo launch control and shift light....but ran into problems where the car wouldnt start. So have to do some more homework on the required wiring of the thing. Got my dash all cut up to mount ny radiator fan controller, LC1 A/F meter, SBC ID and ripped out the air con. Doent feel like i got a lot done but typing it out it now seems i got some of the fiddly jobs done

Pics? Oh god, i realised whilst under it that at one point in time the drivers underside sill has taken one hell of a hit., The whole floor is pushed in a little. I think it may have been from a big off on the back kink at Calder a few years ago when i cracked a rotor and the car got its jiggle on. When was resprayed was thrown on a jog and is dead straight "now" so no legacy from the few nicks with tyres etc.

There isnt really anthing all that interesting under my car. Camera ran out of batteries but i did catch the trial fitting of some 18x9.5 +18 TE37s with 265/40/18s.

med_gallery_462_50_61466.jpg

med_gallery_462_50_29445.jpg

So i dont think my 9.5" +36 TE37s will have any troubles clearing, though not sure about 9.5 +22s, may have to stick with 9" +20/22

Also had a play with some of the turbos I have laying around. Thinking again about throwing a water cooled ball bearing core at a custom turbo made up of some housings and wheels I have.

If you look at the L2 v H turbine you can see why people prefer the L2 on the 2L RB20 and SR20 setups. My TD06 runs a H wheel so may have the ability to make a little more power then the L2s if i free the engine up with a 10cm housing and some cams/E85 (I continue to come up with logic why i should waste money ad time pursuing the dream of a 300rwkws RB20 with similar response to what i have now :) ) Will see how a 25G wheel goes on the L2 turbine, just need to see what shaft diameter they use when they put a BB core in them

med_gallery_462_50_26556.jpg

med_gallery_462_50_261066.jpg

As for the problem with the GIZZMO. I think it had more to do with the fact that it is all wired into a flying lead harness and it came off an RB25. I relied on memory from back when i wanted to run an RB25 PFc and remembered that some injectors pins needed swapping, but didnt think it affected the ignition pins. Mayybe it does....will need to check as the Gizzmo may be messing with the wrong pins on wrong cylinders. Will get it sorted this week and hopefully be ready for a run ar Calder at the end of the month with some launch control action :P

Edited by Roy

Just ordered new PFC06 pads for the front and PFC97 pads for the rear, new brake lines and some rear upper suspension arms so i can get a bit more adjustment and tighten up the rear. Really keen to get this all sorted now for Phillip Island in 3 weeks. There was around 2 seconds improvment in just driving alone with the car as it was 2 years ago, so hopefully with the new shocks alignment, and some of the other small changes I can surprise myself...but truth is will be happy just to be out and circulating again :thumbsup:

Roy boy, what turbs you got laying around for a stock manifold?

I'm about ready to slap my 20 back together, but since I'm doing bugger all rally stuff these days there's no rules to adhere to! I'm going to amp it up for E85 Caltex pump, but my stock turbo is a hindrence..... suggestions?

I installed some of the Racepace modified Tein RAs a few years back , but they have been seeing more service in other peoples GTSts then my car. I have only driven the car in anger at Dutton with them...have not done a track day with them (that i recall). Initial feel is the car rides the bumps a lot better....so will see over the coming few weeks whether that means there is any more time in them over the Bilsteins they replaced. Also binned the Whiteline swaybars to go ARC, though can see myself going back to the Whiteline bars.

Fark, this is what happens when your car is off the road and you are not around enjoying it, you buy so much crap for it that any work you had done on getting it right goes out the window as you start experimenting with new parts that you probably dont need :thumbsup:

Marlin...go a used 2535 or a GT-RS. GT-RS is pretty laggy on std manifold, but you will end up with TD06 like power and response, or a 2535 for a bit more then a 2530, but without the agro of lag-TD06. I got nothing laying around that works with the std manifold. Why not just go crazy on the hot side, when you are ready to go rally spec, just rip off turbo and revert to std, my understanding is you can go aftermarket exhaust manifold as per the class rules. (or is it only inlet?)

Edited by Roy

I installed some of the Racepace modified Tein RAs a few years back , but they have been seeing more service in other peoples GTSts then my car. I have only driven the car at anger at Dutton with them...have not done a track day with them. Initial feel is the car rides the bumps a lot better....so will see over the coming few weeks whether that means there is any more time in them over the Bilsteins they replaced. Also binned the Whiteline swaybars to go ARC, though can see myself going back to the Whiteline bars.

Fark, this is what happens when your car is off the road and you are not around enjoying it, you buy so much crap for it that any work you had done on getting it right goes out the window as you start experimenting with new parts that you probably dont need :thumbsup:

Hhahah yeah i know what you mean, I changed that much stuff on my car without even driving it lol.

I hear those racepace modified shocks go good, so I hope you can go quicker :(

Roy boy, what turbs you got laying around for a stock manifold?

I'm about ready to slap my 20 back together, but since I'm doing bugger all rally stuff these days there's no rules to adhere to! I'm going to amp it up for E85 Caltex pump, but my stock turbo is a hindrence..... suggestions?

The XR6 turbo's seem to be the go, guy down here is running one on his 20, and it makes good power, and is no more laggy than your car.

They are monster GT35 based turbos. They would be horrible on a std RB20....surely! The wheels and housings are so much bigger then my TD06 which is about the limit of what i would recommend size-frame wise for an RB20. Are we sure its still an RB20, not a kinder surprise?

That was funny to watch :thumbsup: He needs to man up and learn how to wrestle a car...but yes, have two sets of Stoptechs with different sized pistons in them. Will trial them and see which gives me the best balance with teh 343mm rotor. So soon, the car will stop and hopefully go :(

Edited by Roy

Seriously? If you want something at the moment.... http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Tr...ou-t303846.html

I am sick of people busting my balls over this kit....so if you want a track day spec setup that you can easily bolt on-off between rally and sprints, these high mount kits go on and off far quicker then the std stuff does....we can talk because I want to see your car with grunt more then you probably do :thumbsup:

Edited by Roy