SAU Community

V36 Hard Drive Music Player

i got an 08 model, and it has a dvd, i just tried burning mp3's to the dvd but it didn't work or it seem like it doesn't work, it just kept reading.....

will it be able to play mp3's off the dvd? or can it only do it off a cd? seems a bit dated if it can play normal dvd's but not mp3's off a dvd

either that or i'm burning it wrong with Nero on a DVD- disk

from what i have read & tested the hard drive doesn't copy MP3 (data) CD's, only Audio CD's.

This is correct. It will not rip MP3 CDs/DVDs or from the CF.

Buy a 50 spindle, burn your Audio CDs in iTunes to get all correct song names etc appear and after it's copied then give the CD to a friend as a present.

If anyone can show some screenshots of deleting individual songs or a step by step guide - that would be great. I can't do this.

This is correct. It will not rip MP3 CDs/DVDs or from the CF.

Buy a 50 spindle, burn your Audio CDs in iTunes to get all correct song names etc appear and after it's copied then give the CD to a friend as a present.

If anyone can show some screenshots of deleting individual songs or a step by step guide - that would be great. I can't do this.

Do you know if it will play mp3's off a DVD? i burnt one last night and no go but wasn't sure if it wasn't possible or the way i burnt the dvd.

• 2 years later...

sorry thread a bit old.

but just wondering would 8GB flash card work

If you mean compact flash, then yes it will work, but only the first 512 songs that are copied to the flash card will show up on the system.

Also, it won't be ripped to the internal HDD

If you mean compact flash, then yes it will work, but only the first 512 songs that are copied to the flash card will show up on the system.

Also, it won't be ripped to the internal HDD

that not too bad hehehe thanks

• 1 year later...

Will a SD card with a "SD card to Compact Flash adapter" work on v36 or does it have to be a compact flash card itself? Has anyone tried?

I did try this and it did not work... Was a good quality SD card, but no so sure about the CF converter...

SD card is now in my Nikon, and a Chinese 16 Gb CF card from the bay is doing good service in the car...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...