SAU Community

Bnr34 Gearbox Conversion

Hey guys,

Just want to know a little more information on whats involved with this conversion. I'm guessing maybe a different tailshaft, but the part I'm really not sure about is the transfer case. I'm guessing BNR32 transfer case doesnt mate up to BNR34 box. Does the BNR34 transfer case work with the BNR32 Attessa system? Or do you need to change more stuff over?

Cheers,

also R34 Diff's

end of the day, its a pointless conversion really.

Why do you need the diffs? Keep for 4.111's.

It can not be that pointless is guys like "dazmo" believe it is good enough for his race car.

much better idea Ash had, Just buy a 1st-3rd OS kit, get your box built with it in it. and if you want to make your car have more low end punch just grab a set of 4.3 ratio diff gears..... sorted and much less hassel.

much better idea Ash had, Just buy a 1st-3rd OS kit, get your box built with it in it. and if you want to make your car have more low end punch just grab a set of 4.3 ratio diff gears..... sorted and much less hassel.

So rebuild gearbox, rebuild two diffs... or... replace gearbox and tailshafts with R34 Getrag?

I think the latter might be less hassle and maybe even cheaper.

Why do you need the diffs? Keep for 4.111's.

It can not be that pointless is guys like "dazmo" believe it is good enough for his race car.

Depends what you want but the R34 diffs complement the Getrag Ratio's which are nowhere near the same as the R32/R33 box.

If memory serves me correct 1st/2nd become near useless if keeping R32/R33 diff's.

But as i said, depends on what you want. The OP isn't clear at all about why he actually wants to do it/what he hopes to achieve.

The OS set actually slightly alters the ratio's as well which is nice :yes:

Depends what you want but the R34 diffs complement the Getrag Ratio's which are nowhere near the same as the R32/R33 box.

If memory serves me correct 1st/2nd become near useless if keeping R32/R33 diff's.

But as i said, depends on what you want. The OP isn't clear at all about why he actually wants to do it/what he hopes to achieve.

Would be good if someone like dazmo could comment or atomicbomber...

I am devasted, no more 4.375 diffs from Nissan anymore :yes: