Skyline Nationals - Mallala Sprint - Sept 12

No.96

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol at people complaining about an exhaust being too loud at the track.

hehe. that was my thought too. stuart from riverland auto expo/autopro has a torana with sidepipes.... louder than even RH9 was at the dyno day

-D

I had a great day and i think the event went pretty well. I have to say though i was hugely disapointed by a group of individuals who stood behind my car while i was trying to reverse out of where i was parked in the pits, and then preceded to tell me to "leave it at home next time d***head". Pretty much the only sour note for me in an other wise good day at the track. Keep up the good pics guys, see you in october!

definitely uncalled for, but remember its jealousy... bet they arrived in their girlfriends car. im bit of closet mx5 fan now after tuning one of the countries quickest nb's.

As for my starlet comment, i have nothing against them ( i tuned and supplied all the parts for hot4's project startlet (blue) years ago, and have built a few @ the shop) its just bagging a r31 when you drive a starlet is a paradox...

If we all drove the same cars, trackdays would be boring. I personaly had some great battles with a black non turbo r34, it was a very close match up.

That was me :whistling:

bet they arrived in their girlfriends car.

oi trent whats wrong with that! i was in my girlfriends black r34 doing 1:28's and got runner up trophy in Standard N/A class to that yellow NSX! :D haha

62540_1181500794056_1724293886_364691_3463279_n.jpg

edit:fail grammar

Edited by shanet

oi trent whats wrong with that! i was in my girlfriends black r34 doing 1:28's and got runner up trophy in Standard N/A class to that yellow NSX! :whistling: haha

how so you know where you came? are there results somewhere?

oi trent whats wrong with that! i was in my girlfriends black r34 doing 1:28's and got runner up trophy in Standard N/A class to that yellow NSX! :whistling: haha

how so you know where you came? are there results somewhere?

Coz he won a trophy at the presentation dinner.

Results will be up as soon as the CSA Motorsport secretary finalises them, and we figure out how to get the report off the screen into some sort of readable format.

We have all of the finale rounds of results, but we still need to get them into a form where we can put them in here, without having to type the whole lot out again.

Patience my pretties.

haven't you been noticing that even on here the forums people have been paying out other peoples cars when it's none of their business?
have noticed it, but don't condone it - everyone has different tastes. its just a shame some dont respect that fact

*shrug*

-D

Yeah good point guys, this slagging business has reared its ugly head a bit lately........I'm gonna keep a closer look for that sort of thing in the future.

There are many cars out there (members of this forum even) that turn my stomache but I keep it to myself.......one person's idea of trash is another person's treasure.

Even the slagging towards that red 34 with the big chrome rims has to stop (I've already deleted a couple of posts by 1 or 2 peeps), you know who you are.......I don't think the owner of that car is a member of these forums but if he was to join in the not too distant future, it wouldn't be very nice to go over past threads to find that shit. He'd probably disappear as quick as he joined.

61061_431524426108_693631108_5429773_6987297_n.jpg

to quote a GTR owner

"i went to pass you, saw the sticker, laughed so hard i let go of the throttle, then had to work to pass you again.. lol"

did someone get put off by gavin's sticker?

*looks heslo's way*

I had a great day and i think the event went pretty well. I have to say though i was hugely disapointed by a group of individuals who stood behind my car while i was trying to reverse out of where i was parked in the pits, and then preceded to tell me to "leave it at home next time d***head". Pretty much the only sour note for me in an other wise good day at the track. Keep up the good pics guys, see you in october!

... keh. sorry... couldnt help myself.

;)

I would like to personally thank all of those that assisted and organised with the track day.

I had a great day even if my car didnt comply with my wishes.

I would also like to thank the participants. I thought that generally the particpants were a little short on information and instructions (particularly during registration and scruteneering) but to their credit no one was getting fussed or upset and everyone went with the flow.

The organisers on the day did not quite have all of the tools they would have liked; but successfully got everyone registered, scrutineered and on the track. It is a credit to them that by mid afternoon everyone had pretty well had enough sessions and the event had moved from running behind schedule to being well in front. As an example the procedure from the chief steward of announcing the cars and telling them to hurry up and get there or we move on to the next group was right on the money. Well done guys.

Some earlier comments were made about suggestions for the next Skyline Nationals and I would like to make a few comments that might assist:

1. Forum
    A forum on the Skyline Nationals web site where participants can ask dumb questions would be useful. THis would also serve to informally pass information to other particpants. A topic on extinguisers. A topic on timing procedures. A topic on tethering suction cup mounted stuff.
  2. Checklist
    A scrutineering, registration and licencing checklist for each particpant would greatly help the participants understand what was required before hitting the track and provide for each bit to get signed off.
    In a perfect would you would register first, then scrutineer the car, then check the driver clothing and the like but a checklist would allow for people to just make sure they get everything done even if necessarily in any particular order. This would take pressure off the organisers from gates open.
  3. Sprint Groups
    On the assumption that we had a forum people could nominate to be in a group for the practice and first timed sessions and let the organisers reallocate later in the day ie if RH9 is in group 2 and I would rather be in another group where I dont have to watch it go past me every third lap.
  4. Equipment
    While the organisers can still remember they should post up a list of all the equiment that they require ie 5 green flags, two chequered flags, 5 red flags, 20 UHF radios and the like. This will help the next guys.
  5. Car numbers
    Post them on the forum in the weeks leading up to the event - first in first served. Specify the mounting and size requirements to make it easy for the timers if required.
  6. Track familiarity
    Grab all of the drivers (lets say eighty for an even bigger event next time) and squeeze them into two groups of ten cars and take them out on the track for the briefing to show them some of the critical points like start finish and pit entry.
  7. Scrutineering
    I thougth the scrutineering guys were very professional, very helpful (particularly given the large number that had never had a car scrutineered before and the huge range of 'guises that vehicles appeared in) and were mostly concerned about safety rather than nit picking on any particular strict regulations. I was not aware of any inconsistencies that were discussed by particpants. The check list would have helped them. The event was not the V8 supercars and the scrutineers did not treat in like the V8 supercars. They were great.

The track day was a great event and all partipants would have been happy with what was achieved during the day.

Again, my thanks to the organisers and hope to make my way to NSW in two years time.

Some earlier comments were made about suggestions for the next Skyline Nationals and I would like to make a few comments that might assist:

now thats what i call constructive criticism... nice work!

btw what did happen to your car?

-D