SAU Community

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

typevu

ill be picking this up for ps3 at midnight then hopping on to play online !! if anyone wants to have a game tonight or tomorrow feel free to add me !!

my psn username is "boosted_r34gtt" happy playing people

ill be picking this up for ps3 at midnight then hopping on to play online !! if anyone wants to have a game tonight or tomorrow feel free to add me !!

my psn username is "boosted_r34gtt" happy playing people

nice, what store you picking it up from, knox has a premiere launch where they do all these activities before 12.

Well I'll see you online ! Post your online names and I'll add you ! I also have "maddowse" and my mw2 name

im guessing your close to getting your copy, whats a midnight launch like is there activities there?

No activities people just standing in line waiting

lol ive been browsing through the eb website and i saw there midnight launch pics, theres pizza, dj's, rc car races and lan matches at the sydney store that is doing the premium launch. i also watched the black ops timer on the site for the last hour and i saw it get to zero. wasnt as cool as i though it would be.

EB will price match - they did it when i grabbed my copy of SC2.

So just go in with a brochure from a competitor and you'll be right.

They will kick up a stink about it (the guys i approached did at least), but they did it none the less and i was $30 better off :D

someone review the game - on PC, im not convinced it'll be worth it

They will kick up a stink about it (the guys i approached did at least), but they did it none the less and i was $30 better off :D

yeh i always used to do this with GAME so i could get 5000 points on the card so i can save 30 bucks when i buy something.

They will kick up a stink about it (the guys i approached did at least), but they did it none the less and i was $30 better off :)

This is the problem, it used to be new COD - buy COD, Treyarch less great but passable.

Now I actually have to find someone that I can trust to have an informed opinion but is also willing to actually buy Black Ops which so far is none. No one that I know with an opinion on games that I respect is willing to shell out for Black Ops after the MW2 monster fail.

From the gameplay vids I am not convinced at all, in fact they are nearly all xbox and all with crappy lag spikes and auto-aim fail.

So far I have seen rage from installation failures, rage from server browser bugs and 'easier than MW2' like below. Also 'guns less accurate than MW2'.

i managed to get the game (pc version) last night at midnight launch and install. played multplayer for a cpl hours.. seems even easier than mw2 and is buggy as f**k.. i seem to get random lag spikes for no reason even though im getting 50 ping.. so far not overly impressed

Not a good start.