SAU Community

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

typevu

lvl 36 is the best we have gotten to if I remember correctly... 3 of us... get's a bit boring over lvl 30 as it takes a good 30-45min to do one lvl... they just keep coming and you have trouble killing them with anything other than the raygun/thunder gun... gotta use the traps

Probably had them in development for a while and now rushing them out so they haven't wasted their efforts^

lvl 36 is the best we have gotten to if I remember correctly... 3 of us... get's a bit boring over lvl 30 as it takes a good 30-45min to do one lvl... they just keep coming and you have trouble killing them with anything other than the raygun/thunder gun... gotta use the traps

Where do you hold out? Or do you keep on the move / run loops?

We play with four, sometimes three players...the difference in zombie numbers is amazing.

We use that glitch that allows you to play 3/4 players on the one XBox. Problem is, once you start using the teleport it freezes the game = massive rage.

We use that glitch that allows you to play 3/4 players on the one XBox. Problem is, once you start using the teleport it freezes the game = massive rage.

I feel your pain... even more so when the host loses connection.

Probably had them in development for a while and now rushing them out so they haven't wasted their efforts^

Where do you hold out? Or do you keep on the move / run loops?

We play with four, sometimes three players...the difference in zombie numbers is amazing.

nah gotta keep moving, no places to hold out... you can run loops around the thing on the stage, that works for a while

rounds 1 – 5 = stay in the lobby, keep racking up points til about round 5 or whenever the dogs come

rounds 5 – 8 or so = when you get dogs for the first time take the door upstairs (and the next door after that) and move through to the Foyer... get the MP40 at the bottom of the stairs on the right and hold that room for a few rounds until you all have about 5k points

rounds 10+ = once you have enough points open the door to the dressing room and then the door to the stage... turn the power on and go straight to get juggernog... turn the teleporter on... then at the beginning of each round start in the teleporter... when shit gets too hectik teleport out and throw grenades from the projector room... then for the rest of the round keep running circuits from the lobby to the foyer to the theater... fill up the MP40 with ammo when needed... let them group up and aim for their heads... we always fight dogs in the theater... use the auto-gun if low on ammo or they get too intense... if killed make sure to buy juggernog again... its the most useful of the upgrades... quick revive is good too

rounds 20+ = time you got a decent weapon... after about round 15 we start hitting up the mystery boxes... heavy machine guns or assault rifles great for racking up points... let them group up and empty a magazine into them for heaps of points... use traps helps too... once you teleport and are being chased from the lobby (through the upstairs door) through the upper hall use the electro-shock trap to thin out their numbers a bit... sometimes you can even use the teleporter twice a round if its taking a while to kill them all

rounds 30+ = pray for the raygun or thunder gun (awesome for saving teamates... let the zombs bunch up, use at close range) if you don't have them yet... any other gun will need to be pack-a-punched to work effectively... teleport and grenade as much as possible... use the traps... hope to hell you don't have to get a drink or take a piss

rounds 40+ = wouldn't have a clue... don't have the patience or skill to get there lol

plenty of other ways to do it but that's our system

nah gotta keep moving, no places to hold out... you can run loops around the thing on the stage, that works for a while

rounds 1 5 = stay in the lobby, keep racking up points til about round 5 or whenever the dogs come

rounds 5 8 or so = when you get dogs for the first time take the door upstairs (and the next door after that) and move through to the Foyer... get the MP40 at the bottom of the stairs on the right and hold that room for a few rounds until you all have about 5k points

rounds 10+ = once you have enough points open the door to the dressing room and then the door to the stage... turn the power on and go straight to get juggernog... turn the teleporter on... then at the beginning of each round start in the teleporter... when shit gets too hectik teleport out and throw grenades from the projector room... then for the rest of the round keep running circuits from the lobby to the foyer to the theater... fill up the MP40 with ammo when needed... let them group up and aim for their heads... we always fight dogs in the theater... use the auto-gun if low on ammo or they get too intense... if killed make sure to buy juggernog again... its the most useful of the upgrades... quick revive is good too

rounds 20+ = time you got a decent weapon... after about round 15 we start hitting up the mystery boxes... heavy machine guns or assault rifles great for racking up points... let them group up and empty a magazine into them for heaps of points... use traps helps too... once you teleport and are being chased from the lobby (through the upstairs door) through the upper hall use the electro-shock trap to thin out their numbers a bit... sometimes you can even use the teleporter twice a round if its taking a while to kill them all

rounds 30+ = pray for the raygun or thunder gun (awesome for saving teamates... let the zombs bunch up, use at close range) if you don't have them yet... any other gun will need to be pack-a-punched to work effectively... teleport and grenade as much as possible... use the traps... hope to hell you don't have to get a drink or take a piss

rounds 40+ = wouldn't have a clue... don't have the patience or skill to get there lol

plenty of other ways to do it but that's our system

I see...that's not a great deal different from how we start off, but after that the similarities end.

Rounds 1-6 = Fight out in the lobby, hold a zombie at a window on the zombie round after the dogs. Usually pretty cashed up by this. Others not holding a zombie go and find the mystery box and open up the level a bit but not too much. Abuse mystery box until nearly out of cash or have good weapons (machine guns or raygun / thunder cannon).

Rounds 7-14 = Chill out on the stage, with the power still off. One person on each window and two people guarding the door you opened to get to the stage. This is good for rotating people from window to door, building up cash for those with little of it. Window people hold a zombie after each round so others can go find mystery box and abuse it. By round 14 we usually either have awesome weapons from the box, or the zombies are getting too strong for or current ones, forcing us to turn on the power (while holding a zombie), link up the teleporter and go use drink machines.

Rounds 15+ = All doors of the map have been opened by now, have pack-a-punch'd weapons (assuming game doesn't freeze by this time / controller thrown through the tv screen) and we have started running loops around the map making use of the teleporter and traps. Usually last to about 25/26 before either running out of ammo/cash or one of my twit mates gets knocked down by a zombie and we die trying to save him...or we don't save him and he just keeps dying with the pistol lol.

That's just one strategy we use. We've tried others, like holding out in different spots for rounds 7-14, or running different loops. Single player, the most we've gotten to is about level 33.

I reckon you can do pretty well up almost to round 20 with basic guns... if you've done it right you'll have 20K - 30K points so that later on you have plenty of cash for traps

juggernog is mandatory IMHO... I try never to spend all my money, leave at least 2.5K for juggernog as it lets you at least run past zombs without dying

yeah it sucks when you don't get saved and get stuck with the pistol and no money... MP40 is good for racking up points again

I've done up to lvl 32 solo, had heaps of cash and awesome guns but got brain fade, hesitated, got caught and panicked and basically was killed when I never should have been... haven't tried it solo since, too angry lol

most zombs I ever killed was when I got raygun early, killed over 1200!

It's easy to rage after playing for 2-3 hours when you're presented with "game over, start again from level 1". Gone are the days of spending 2 minutes running through a Mario level and having to start from the start when you die...

I've been experimenting with the shitty weapons pack-a-punch lately. Knife instant revive is the shit. Crossbow has good zombie killing effects too.

yeah pack-a-punch pistol is the shit

I also like mucking around with upgrading different weapons like the china lake/rocket launcher and some of the shotguns... the double barrel shotty shoots acid that sets them on fire lol

still the machine guns or assault rifles are the best for racking up points... empty a whole clip into group of zombs and watch the points multiply

we tried all the other zomb maps but keep coming back to kin der toten... been a while since we played tho... hard to set aside 2-3+ hours without distractions

Is double barrel available in Kino?

RPK or HK21 = points master haha, especially with 2x pickup. Firesale is the biggest deathtrap.

I tried Ascension the other night...was kind of fun with the popper drink machine and the lunar modules. I'm not a fan of the horror movie level with the famous actors voicing characters...map is a bit dark and overly complicated. It's missing the "tactical" aspect that Kino seems to have. Basically just running around trying to survive the longest.

in the lobby... on PS3

yep Ascension is okay, got to level 27 or something... no crawlers which is good and death machine is heaps of fun

haven't really got into the new one... as you said its really complicated and George Romero farks you up if you shoot him or get too close

Mystery box sucks ass too! You get trapped up in the lighthouse and that's the end of you. Could have been a cool level, just needs more space and rooms linked to each other rather than linear. And yeah, George gets angry very easily lol. Apparently you can kill him with enough firepower? Just don't try it with pistols like I did :(

• 3 months later...