SAU Community

Call Of Duty: Black Ops

typevu

I was pretty dissapointed with cod blops after all the hype, mind you i would never go back to MW2, on the 360 the amount of people who would pull out the DC, OMA tubes after being killed once was absolutely unbearable. If the next game was just a remake of CoD 4 or world at war with a few new things and better graphics I'd be stoked.

k cbf reading entire thread but am i the only one who thinks black ops is rubbish compared with mw2?

game engine, graphics, everything in general just feels cheap and nasty.

infinity ward > treyarch

k cbf reading entire thread but am i the only one who thinks black ops is rubbish compared with mw2?

game engine, graphics, everything in general just feels cheap and nasty.

infinity ward > treyarch

+1

MW2 was more quality whereas BlOps is a lot of content rushed into a game.

I just copied the short article from gamespot.

Activision revealed plans to bring Escalation to Call of Duty: Black Ops' online experience earlier this month, saying the downloadable add-on would feature four new maps and a mode called "Call of the Dead." The publisher has since been mysterious about what gamers can expect from the zombie-themed mode, and the reason for that secrecy is apparently because it contains a big surprise.

Today, Activision shined a light on the Call of the Dead mode, revealing that it will feature a storyline inspired by famed horror director George A. Romero. As seen in a trailer for Call of the Dead (below), the zombie-slaughtering co-op level features a '70s movie aesthetic that sees the four action stars fending off hordes of zombies on and around a ghost ship.

CODBlackOpsEscalation_96030_178thumb.jpg Trejo and Rooker know a thing or two about mutilating zombies.

Dipping into the game's sizable budget, Activision and Treyarch have pulled out the stops with Call of the Dead's presentation, saying that action stars Robert Englund (Nightmare on Elm Street), Sarah Michelle Gellar (Buffy the Vampire Slayer), Michael Rooker (The Walking Dead), Danny Trejo (Machete), and Romero (Night of the Living Dead) himself have lent their voices and likenesses for use in the mode.

As with other Call of Duty map packs, the Escalation add-on will debut on Xbox Live, arriving for Microsoft's platform on May 3. Activision has not yet announced when the DLC will be released for other platforms.

It's a little too late.. Black Ops is done for me.. I game raged too many times and put it down.. Tried again recently and surprise surprise.. It's f**ken worse than before.. Running on the assumtion that all the top players are quitting also and taking their better than average connections with them.. If these jokers think they arent getting enough money from these games to have aust dedicated servers then I'm not interested.. And from what I can tell many ohers are going the same way..

Bought Homefront the other day.. And f**k it's great.. The graphics and dynamics are different to COD but once you get the hang of it, there is definately no way I'm going back to COD as my main playing game unless they decide they are going to make servers.. I'm not spending the $15 odd dollars for some POS game play not to mention the constant migrating of host which ends up as no capable host..

/rage rant

Edited by .:: GimpS-R34 ::.

• 1 month later...

Might be a stupid question. Is the escalation pack worth getting.

Need to ease the boredom while waiting for MW3 and BF3.

the new map Hotel is really cool... there all okay actually... was home sick from work all last week and lay around playing Blops basically the whole time... Had some ridiculous games, I'm sure everyone was hating me lol... but that's what happens when you play heaps, you get teh mad skillz hehe

new maps no good for wrecking shit with the Spas... too big... Galil with silencer and ghost pro:)

zombie map is cool as... just don't upset George lol

Only thing I still enjoy on Black Ops is gun game. Intense and addictive!

Indeed, I play more of the wager matches these days too. I love gun game and sticks and stones it keeps things interesting. As for TDM for the most part its turned into a camp fest like MW2 did after a while and getting killed by those mofo's who keep camping who just camp where they spawn after they died it gets annoying to the point of just not wanting to bother any more. I am hoping Battlefield 3 with its fully destructible enviroment will change this, i'm looking forward to collapsing buildings on the bastard campers who are still inside.

I hate campers... I really only play domination so a team full of campers loses every time... camping is a shit way to play anyway, never works very well... with good players you stop moving you die... use hacker pro to spot claymores so you know where the campers are hiding... then flashbang and kill...

feels so good killing them... even better if they're lying down so you can teabag them first so they see it on the killcam;)

I mainly play TDM an HC-TDM, dont come accross too many campers, really you shouldnt fall for there trick more than once and after a while you should learn to check the areas when your running around just like you would if you were in war. HC-TDM is also full of ghosts which is funny when a spy plan comes up with only 1 dot. hacker pro.. nothing better than getting 3 kills in second chance pro imo :thumbsup: