SAU Community

'ghost Biker' Up There Near Port Stepens

hamiltonau

hey i saw this in the telegraph yesterday

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/nationa...c-1225906511971

thought it was hilarious but also intruiging..who's up for a little cruise north to see if its possible to 'encounter' this mysterious spirit with a penchant for night racing?

oh and i love the police quote about the only lights they will be seeing in their rear windows :huh:

yeh the "lemon tree passage road" ghost story has been around for a while. very popular amongst teenagers and only recently started to gather momentum/media attention - you can search it on youtube for more vids of people trying to suss it out. the original myth is that you need to reach speeds around 180km/h to "summon" it, but just as many people claim spotting it as low as 60km/h.

i've been through that area in daylight and the long stretches/bends surrounded by bushland make great conditions for other vehicles on the road to slip in and out of your line of sight. at great distances, other car headlights appear close enough together to be a single beam and can appear to be "following" you on the road before "disappearing" on certain sections of the road. as skeptical as i am though, i don't want to get in the way of a good story. believe what you want to believe :)

i guess an important thing to keep in mind is that ghost or not: 180km/h + single lane road + night time is a recipe for disaster.

ah caught the TT special on it, god the cops were corny, sad old buggers but in this case justified as anyone bombing along that road at triple figures these days would deserve a slap on the wrist/head.

oh and hate to use TT as any kind of authoritative source but looks like 'soft' had it re the optical illusion from cars further back. sigh oh well.

Me and Brandeeeene were just sucking down some of pops moonshine when there all of a sudden there shined a shiney deeemon. from sataaannnn.

oh lordy@!!!

jackavatar1vd0mr.gif

Maybe he just wants someone to play him the greatest song in the world.

I've heard about this as well, apparently if you're able to see the light it veers off the road after a while because the 'ghost' crashes into the bushes. I indirectly knew 3 people that were killed along that strip a few years ago due to speeding - the car in question became airborne off the undulations in the road and collected an on-coming car. The idea of doing 180km/h along that road is so idiotic.