SAU Community

Gtr Front Pipes

R34

I'm about to buy a new set of front pipes.

I've been told that they should have a flexijoint to reduce stress on the turbos

Trouble is I like the look of the Greddy MX pipes but they don't have the flexijoint.

UAS also have a stainless steel set with the joint for a similar price.

Anyone recommend which I should go for?

Anyone inspected the Unique Auto Sports pipes to confirm quality of them or otherwise?

Cheers

Who cares what they look like when they're under the car :thumbsup:

The hks ones I've got have a flex joint, I guess they wouldn't put it there if it didn't do something.....I know that's not the best theory on other parts

I'm about to buy a new set of front pipes.

I've been told that they should have a flexijoint to reduce stress on the turbos

Trouble is I like the look of the Greddy MX pipes but they don't have the flexijoint.

UAS also have a stainless steel set with the joint for a similar price.

Anyone recommend which I should go for?

Anyone inspected the Unique Auto Sports pipes to confirm quality of them or otherwise?

Cheers

i was just in the same position myself this week.

I found it interested that everyone recommend the pipe have a flex joint but alot of j brands dont use it (for example mines :thumbsup: ) anyways i ended up going the HKS one because its one of the biggest available (70 to 85 mines is)

They are like 45,000yen brand new

this is the one I purchased for my 1993 rb26dett engine, $139usd

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/89-02-Nissa...sQ5fAccessories

I also bought tuned-length manifolds from the same seller, http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/OBX-TUNER-T...sQ5fAccessories

all up came to around $450AUD delivered (for the OBX front pipe with flex pipe + obx manifold). for another couple hundred I got HKS dump pipes. :thumbsup:

not yet installed. looks to be EXCELLENT QUALITY

Who cares what they look like when they're under the car :thumbsup:

The hks ones I've got have a flex joint, I guess they wouldn't put it there if it didn't do something.....I know that's not the best theory on other parts

Agreed 110%

Who cares what they look like when they're under the car :)

No need to take me literally mate :D

I was in a rush to post as lunchtime was ending

By "look of" I was referring to things like the size of the secondary pipes compared to the JJR type ones (60mm versus 70mm)

I rang the UAS seller after deciding to buy but his attitude and phone manner turned me off getting them (didn't like me asking where they were made (I figured anyway) )and I didn't care how shiny they were.

Thanks for the help everyone

• 1 month later...

they are ok, but big, heavy, hard to fit and expensive. design is ok but I'm not that sold on split dumps. they claim to help spool up but during spool up wastegate is closed so how does it make any difference? ideally you want to allow the gas to expand in the fastest possible way to help flow. big bell mouth type dumps do that nicely.

What do people thinkg about the Greddy dump/ front pipe extension? It has the split dump design on it

nengun-0085-00-trust-greddy-extention_front_pipe.jpg

Great! I had them on my car until i had to remove due to ride height issues (you wont have a problem in a GTR)

However, you want to "mod" the merge to 3.5", factory they are not quite.

That's what mine had done anyway.

Although that said, putting on stock ones with GT-SS's - i didnt notice a difference :D

Great! I had them on my car until i had to remove due to ride height issues (you wont have a problem in a GTR)

However, you want to "mod" the merge to 3.5", factory they are not quite.

That's what mine had done anyway.

Although that said, putting on stock ones with GT-SS's - i didnt notice a difference :)

Yeah I've got -9s going soon. Trying to get the best of everything (even using standard parts). I want to replace my front pipe (Trust MX) as its looking very worse for ware right now.

Price wise I don't see them as expensive really. Tomei dumps are what? $800 then plus a front pipe? $600?

• 3 years later...

I'm in the market for a new front pipe for my BNR32. I'm sporting BNR34 vspev outlets and I want a high flowing front pipe to match it.

Anyone know which design offers the best flow? 1) Equal length such as the Mine's

2) Short pipe such as the stock design, RS*R, etc?

Yeah i got the Racepace twin 3" into 4" with a flex joint works a treat.

On a side note SS8_Gohan do you know if the Midori silent catback is good for over 400KW or does it have restrictors in it to reduce noise?

Cheers