SAU Community

Neo S2 Spark Plugs

sturb25

Series 2 Neo spark plugs?

Its about time to replace my plugs, the mechanic put platinum plugs in last time it was serviced and they havent lasted very long at all. Its starting to miss on idle like it did last time the plugs were on there way out. They are NGK R PFR6G-11.

I dont want to put them back in cause they cost like $25 each and they have only lasted me around 10-15,000km

What do u suggest?

im using NGK iridium ix, but if you want to go for the best of the best, do what i have done to my cars in the past, go for this:

http://www.pulstar.com/

only reason i dont have them in my car is because i didnt have 130 bucks for all 6 when i needed them. :huh:

but next month, out go the iridium and in go the pulse's.

++++copper

They work just as well and they are cheaper: NGK BCPR6ES and gap them at 0.8mm if you think your coils are struggling. Also look for tracking marks where the coils might be shorting and consider insulating them with tape or a spray (search for examples).

• 3 weeks later...
++++copper

They work just as well and they are cheaper: NGK BCPR6ES and gap them at 0.8mm if you think your coils are struggling. Also look for tracking marks where the coils might be shorting and consider insulating them with tape or a spray (search for examples).

Will the NGK BCPR6ES go in my series 2. Do they come pre gapped to 0.8mm? if not how do u do it safely?

I brought NGK iridium tip plugs off ebay for about $14 each

stupid me didnt put them at 0.8mm gap and left them at 1.1mm

they are good but i do need to set them to 0.8mm due to a slight miss mid range

hello

+ 1 for NGK BPR6ES I can not believe the difference they made, mind you my plugs where pretty bad!! when you go to buy them dont tell them what they are for

because they will try and sell you something else, in there book the neo engine is supposed to have 1.1 gap.

I am still trying to get more info on that space saver, I have found that the new falcons do have a space saver and the rim size is 17inch but not sure on rolling diameter.

I brought NGK iridium tip plugs off ebay for about $14 each

stupid me didnt put them at 0.8mm gap and left them at 1.1mm

they are good but i do need to set them to 0.8mm due to a slight miss mid range

If your coil packs are in good condition then 1.1mm should be fine. Unless you are running big power/boost it should be fine and more to the point desirable to run the larger gap to provide the best combustion.

The stagea was running a 1.1mm gap with splitfires and 18psi with the GT-RS and no misfires. With the 2835ProS it is only running 16psi but making a bit more power still with no issues.

NGK BCPR6ES coppers have worked awesome since i put them in :) running mine with splitfire coilpacks :) (came w/ from JP)

i can't remember what was in there originally, but they weren't the right ones and it idled quite high!!

If your coil packs are in good condition then 1.1mm should be fine. Unless you are running big power/boost it should be fine and more to the point desirable to run the larger gap to provide the best combustion.

The stagea was running a 1.1mm gap with splitfires and 18psi with the GT-RS and no misfires. With the 2835ProS it is only running 16psi but making a bit more power still with no issues.

i do have a set of those yellow jacket coils fitted to the car but at about 5000rpm it has a bit of hesitation for about 500rpm then pulls really hard to the redline

very odd i think