SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

The Canadian I know that got a set said 7-8k US which was turbos, manifolds, dumps, intake pipes, filters, hoses and fittings.

But I guess being a beastly kit, it'll be a little more than the $4000 hks gt2530 which bolt on to your stock manifolds, hoses and intakes.

The EFR7670 won't make -5s power, just be closer than -9s to it. A 7670 won't make 600whp, even on E85 (unless it's a more generous dyno than people here are used to). Those numbers will rely on fuel as well.

Same goes for EFR8374 - 700+whp only on E85.

A guy in Canada (quebec) just churned out 865whp with a precision turbo (6266 maybe? not sure) and rb32 (rips). All in (25psi) by 5000rpm.

Lol - I know the car now, it's running a Precision 7175... quite a far cry from 6266, I was wondering how on earth a 6266 would make 865whp - as well as be that laggy on a 3.2.

Anyone use a vipec with the EFR boost controller? Curious if its PWM

It is a simple 3 port PWM valve, not a boost controller in itself.

You can control it with the Vipec like any other PWM valve.

See:

http://www.full-race.com/articles/efr-install-guidelines.html

The EFR7670 won't make -5s power, just be closer than -9s to it. A 7670 won't make 600whp, even on E85 (unless it's a more generous dyno than people here are used to). Those numbers will rely on fuel as well.

Same goes for EFR8374 - 700+whp only on E85.

if 8374 flow 79lb and twin 6258 flow 88lb and 6258 can make 675whp with a response ( quoted bry73) as good ad -5 if not better.

I doubt 8374 could not yeild 650-700whp, unless theres something I still understand.

On paper twin turbos could look like 2x the flow (like 88 ib) but I'm reality it isn't like that. I have a few engineering (mechanical and te other specializes in auto) and they continually remind me and show calculations and talk about real

World findings that 2 turbos together won't add to the exact output of both. Much like running a single Bosch 044 and twinning it won't double the output capacity.

The 8374 on paper flows less than the twin 6258 but doesn't mean it's gonna flow less. Doesn't mean much but geoff's rb26 (not stroked like bright's car with twin 6258) made something like 702awhp on an 8374 IWG compared to 677hp on twin 6258, again, meaningless since no 2 cars are the same nor are Dynos

yeah I understand that, thats why I'm saying its possible to get 700whp with 8374 ( as opposed to lithium's oppinion). I don't aim for the highest number anyways, just a ballpark.. I'm really thinking about doing a turbo swap but should I go for 7670 or 8374, this is what I'm trying to figure out.

Seems like all the dyno sheet I see about the 7670 are on 2l.. 2.3l. while 8374 are a little more used still I like geoff's result as its almost a stock motor and was able to break the 700whp on a dynapack.

If you can reliably support and run the 8374 (and its in the power range you need it to be, not want) then I'd go for that one. As for the stock engine and 700whp, I wouldn't put that as a reliable bench mark as there aren't many stock bottom ended early 32s rolling around with that kind of power, for long.

What are you using the car for? Drag, road course? Rb28 or rb30? The 7670 imo would be awesome for street and autocross and more fun than a 700-900whp street driven ego pumper. If you do want high power, I'd toThe cheaper route (other than the stroker rb30) and check out precision, cheaper and just as strong which has endless amounts of proof out there (such as 3/4 of the gtr entries in the wtac this year)

The 7670 appears to be comparable to -9s no?

If you aren't pushing for 700whp and up, why keep the lag so to speak. Get the 550-600whp 7670 (or whatever it is) and peak it out while having great response. It's also a little cheaper installed, like only $4-5k instead of more

Edited by NismoSTune

I got lazy right at the end and didn't mix up fuel with ethanol and got it tuned on 98RON despite having 9.5:1 compression ratio. It couldn't really take any decent timing numbers at all. Still makes full boost at around 3200 and makes 258rwkw. Dyno printout is at home so will upload a pic tonight. Printout is in km/h rather than rpm at the moment so just trying to decypher it at the moment. I reallyneed to put a softer wastegate spring in it and lower the boost a bit to get a bit more timing into it imo.

Any more news? I am over the old school monster compressor turbo on my Cossie and looking at a 7064 for it. Being a 2L 4 cylinder your results on an SR are a good indication of what I can expect

yeah I understand that, thats why I'm saying its possible to get 700whp with 8374 ( as opposed to lithium's oppinion).

Please quote where I said that? I am certain they can make that power, would need E85 or other high octane fuel to do it... But doable

^ I totally agree with all of the above, the only reason I ever mentioned the EFR7670 is that people insist on -9s being one of the best turbos for stock stroke RB26s and an EFR7670 would still be better suited