SAU Community

Gtr Wing...?

I'll keep this short:

I'm looking to source a genuine R34 GT-R rear wing and I had Blackburn Nissan in Melbourne recommended to me by Japcar in Fawkner. I've emailed them asking how much they would cost and I've just gotten "give me chassis and model number, otherwise we can't help".

Said it before and I'll say it again: I've got very little experience in GT-R's, only the obvious stuff on how they are different to the normal GT/GTT's, not anything specific on numbers...

Now this person at Blackburn has replied, "I am sorry but our parts system works of vin number and when you try and select the one you require it will bring them all and it has to be Japanese translated which we cannot do so with details it is impossible". I only have a vague idea of what a vin number is, my dad pointed it out to me when we had the bonnet up the other day and he pointed out the little blue plate in the engine bay with the paint code and other info.

Yes, I'd say it's a very reasonable request on their part but at the moment it just feels like another obstacle I've run into. I'm sure the genuine wing would probably cost an arm and a leg, but I'd rather take my time and get the real thing over some $300 knock-off on ebay or a fibreglass replica from Carmate.

Any thoughts?

Shit man, open the damn bonnet and get the number off the tag.

It's also on your rego certificate, your insurance certificate, etc.

Yes, Nissan 'in general' need your VIN. With that they know everything you car was built with, even the transmission, paint colour, and build number.

Unfortunately the car it's going on is a 25GT, so the vin from that probably won't help.

The alternative to getting a genuine one from nissan is the "GTR-Medium" style of rear wing on Carmate (NSGTR99GTRMEDIUMRW). But I've heard of people complaining about the service at Carmate, something to do with damaged or poorly made goods.

Unfortunately the car it's going on is a 25GT, so the vin from that probably won't help.

The alternative to getting a genuine one from nissan is the "GTR-Medium" style of rear wing on Carmate (NSGTR99GTRMEDIUMRW). But I've heard of people complaining about the service at Carmate, something to do with damaged or poorly made goods.

Don't places like Ebay show the VIN of cars for sale? Just get someone elses VIN which has the spoiler you want, give that number to Nissan. Eitherway thought yeah it'll be expensive from them.

Lol: I do the same thing when looking at available internet in a new suburb I'll be looking at moving to ;)

Edited by GTRPowa

UWISSH: Cheers for that bro, I emailed importmonster.com.au

There was one on their list, but as things are going right now I won't actually be purchasing the wing at this moment but in a month or two, but I wanted to get my research started.

GTRPowa: I did consider trying the VIN of someone else's car. Before I could go looking for one, my dad pretty much put his foot down: "No, no f#%king way you're using someone else's VIN number! You'd be an idiot to do that!"

Wouldn't elaborate, wouldn't give any kind of explanation. I haven't the faintest idea why he got so agitated, is there any security risk of using someone else's VIN?

UWISSH: Cheers for that bro, I emailed importmonster.com.au

There was one on their list, but as things are going right now I won't actually be purchasing the wing at this moment but in a month or two, but I wanted to get my research started.

GTRPowa: I did consider trying the VIN of someone else's car. Before I could go looking for one, my dad pretty much put his foot down: "No, no f#%king way you're using someone else's VIN number! You'd be an idiot to do that!"

Wouldn't elaborate, wouldn't give any kind of explanation. I haven't the faintest idea why he got so agitated, is there any security risk of using someone else's VIN?

PM me for my VIN.

I'm probably older than your Dad :ermm:

It's best to stay away from Carmate unless you can do an on-the-spot test-fit; otherwise they're OK.

I'm shortly getting another R34 GT-R from Japan; but it has a large aftermarket rear wing on high metal stems (more like what's on Mark Berry's Superlap car). You might want to buy that off me. :ermm:

Just register with Import Monster and bid for a genuine one on yahoo auctions. Odds are you will need to respray it, but ditto the case if you were going new from Nissan...whcih if their bumper prices and bonnet prices are any indication will make you bleed for weeks.

1. Don't buy one from Nissan, I gaurantee it would be over $2000+ genuine (I remember reading some where that a factory R34 GTR gear knob was $300 from Nissan!).

2. If you want to know the price, just use a random VIN number off ebay. Your old man is on drugs, all Nissan do is type the VIN number in, look up the part, tell you the price and that is that. You aint commiting fraud and are going to go to jail or something. Here, I even did it for you: 6U9000BNR34002620 There. Done.

3. Buy one from Japan through Import Monster or some one.

Done.

Edited by PM-R33

UAS sell replica GTR wings

Also you don't necessarily need a VIN to use FAST, just use model series R34 and look for air spoiler, RB26DETT... I got part number 96030Q

Edited by ichizora

Finally got my reply back from Blackburn Nissan and had a bit of a giggle when I saw his pricetag: $4589.39

Yeah... I think I'll pass on that.

Cheers for the all the different sources, a lot of them are already looking a lot more viable than carmate.

For anyone to be in the state of mind where they would find over 4k a reasonable price, they'd need to be buying it for their Z-Tune or something.

For a N/A Auto 25GT, err no.

Yeah the $695 on UAS for a replica is more in my price range.

Seems a bit of a moot point now, as all I'm likely to do to the car is just source the Nismo rear bar to complete the bodykit set (the one that people call either Nismo or Altia). That way when I sell it I can say it's got the full kit. Plans are to just enjoy this car for a year or two, maybe more and then go looking for something like a nice GTT... But I've also got buddies trying to sell the idea of me getting a 33 GTR.