SAU Community

Aussie Delivered R32 Gtr's

Kier Wilson owned GTR, WA plates BB555D

they are S.A plates:)

oops i missed you post - now updated!

sorry guys, now aligned with the above noted changes...

Red Pearl Metallic (26):

1. 8/91, 53 of 100 (#16907), QLD plates OZR32, owned by RBNT

2. 5/91, 27 of 100 (#16070), NSW plates GTR100, owned by AUSSIE_DELIVERED_R32_GTR

3. 8/91, 72 of 100 (#16930), VIC plates, owned by ZARDOS

4. 77 of 100 (#17161), VIC plates, owned by MAZ

5. With Hollandia sunroof

6. Mark Skaife's GTR as seen at the NSW Club, Gibson modified

7. Kerry Packer's GTR, NSW plates AZ?97H, sold privately, heavily modified

8. 6/91, 37 of 100 (#16117), WA plates, owned by jun 2.7

9. Former Linfox Transport Targa GTR #720 raced by Kevin & Peter Bartlett, 6/91, (#16141), QLD plates 151HHZ, owned by John_AUSGTR (prior plates were VIC EXD441)

10. NSW plates CHN032

11. As per magazine article, NSW plates ANO84F

12. Targa GTR #832 raced by Jim Richards & Barry Oliver

13. With NOS kit, NSW plates DIG04U

14. NSW plates SYNRGY

15. NSW plates KNETIC

16. Hills area of Sydney, NSW plates

17. Carlingford area of Sydney, lady driver, NSW plates

18. 18inch gold Simmons wheels, QLD plates

19. GMS race car no.1

20. 93 of 100, Sydney, Autosport customer

21. 36 of 100 (16107), VIC plates GTR500

22. Mark Skaife was given a GTR by Nissan

23. Jim Richards was given a GTR by Nissan, used in Targa Tassie a few times, colour coded Simmons wheels with bigger brakes. Former GMS mechanic stripped the brakes off the car and getting it ready for sale

24. QLD plates ONBAIL & now replaced with GDZILA, 447kw, T66 low mount setup with roll cage, 18” BBS LM gold wheels

25. Kier Wilson owned GTR, SA plates BB555D

26. Published in magazine in a handling test comparison with supercars, trade plates 25A1500

Black Pearl Metallic (15):

1. 5/91, 21 of 100 (#16045), NSW plates ASU66U, owned by GTR FAN

2. 8/91, 78 of 100, VIC plates NURVUS, owned by GODZILA

3. 5/91, 14 of 100, QLD plates 322GTR, owned by brad_gtr

4. Tarmac Rally GTR

5. Parramatta area of Sydney

6. CRD built GTR with 1000+hp, ACT plates JUN

7. 5/91, WA plates GTR091

8. 5/91, NSW plates ABA20G

9. 1992 Australian Touring Car pace/safety car

10. 19 of 100, Sydney, Autosport customer

11. 87 of 100

12. Kerry Packer's GTR, gave to his friend, heavily modified

13. VIC plates OZGTR as seen at the Nats 2006

14. Jim Richards published article comparing factory GTR to Winfield GTR, VIC plates starting with ‘KB’

15. (#15973), likely Kevin Bartlett car as it was modified with roll cage, owned by GTROB

Jet Silver Metallic (5):

1. 8/91, 60 of 100 (#16942), NSW plates GO21LA, owned by Marko R1

2. Kier Wilson of Willall Racing's 8.7sec GTR with 1000hp, WA plates RH9

3. Brisbane area, not registered and driven anymore

4. Kerry Packer's GTR, he gave to his helicopter who saved his life after heart attack (Nick Ross), heavily modified

5. As seen in the published track test @ Eastern Creek, NSW plates AEL16K, gunmetal grey Enkei wheels

6. 5/91, QLD plates NO1GTR, owned by Dazmo (chassis number does not exist on the build date list, 6F4KBNR32A0011273...11273)?

Racing livery colours (6):

1. GMS race car no.2

2. GMS race car no.3

3. GMS race car no.4

4. GIO race car no.1

5. GIO race car no.2

6. Blue & green Falken promotion GTR

Hi All,

Just found out about this from Unique Cars.

I own one as follows:

Colour: Jet Silver (I always thought it was "Silver Blue")

Delivered: October 92

Sold: 20/10/92

Number: 22 of 100 (16048)

Kms: 160,000

Dealership: Gary Rogers Nissan, Springvale Vic

Owners: 1 (me)

Purchased: October 92

Locale: Melbourne, Vic.

Car is essentially stock apart from some minor comfort improvements (Recaro seat, Alarm, 6x9 rear speakers)

Mechanical changes include Group N brake rotors (i.e. undrilled - the originals kept cracking), Bilsteins - after originals finally went to god), HD clutch (after original went 155,000 km)).

I've kept all original bits - even the old shocks which have "GT-R" stickers on them.

Fell in love (lust?) with the GTR after a Drive Day in 1992 at Calder when Jim Richards showed what the car could do.

Clear memory of being taken to a shed out the back of Gary Rogers to pick mine from a line of 7 - 6 Red and one Silver. The Silver is a great colour and shows the lines of the car beautifully.

It's never left me stranded and has been driven vigorously at times (although not any more). Issues have all been relatively minor - cracked injectors (par for Nissan of that era), Airflow meters (fixed myself - bad soldering), broken exhaust studs. Currently has a minor leak in the front main seal that I'll have fixed when cam belt changed next (soon). Engine / Turbos as tight as the day it was bought, thanks to lots of good synthetic oil, no doubt. Of course, I have the full service history.

I'll see if I can dig out some photos.

Regards,

Dave.

Hi All,

I own one as follows:

Car is essentially stock apart from some minor comfort improvements (Recaro seat, Alarm, 6x9 rear speakers)

Mechanical changes include Group N brake rotors (i.e. undrilled - the originals kept cracking), Bilsteins - after originals finally went to god), HD clutch (after original went 155,000 km)).

I've kept all original bits - even the old shocks which have "GT-R" stickers on them.

Fell in love (lust?) with the GTR after a Drive Day in 1992 at Calder when Jim Richards showed what the car could do.

Clear memory of being taken to a shed out the back of Gary Rogers to pick mine from a line of 7 - 6 Red and one Silver. The Silver is a great colour and shows the lines of the car beautifully.

It's never left me stranded and has been driven vigorously at times (although not any more). Issues have all been relatively minor - cracked injectors (par for Nissan of that era), Airflow meters (fixed myself - bad soldering), broken exhaust studs. Currently has a minor leak in the front main seal that I'll have fixed when cam belt changed next (soon). Engine / Turbos as tight as the day it was bought, thanks to lots of good synthetic oil, no doubt. Of course, I have the full service history.

Regards,

Dave.

Welcome Dave,

Thanks for the thorough update. I'm glad the Unique Cars article found a new member.

Contrary to what was written and believed, I think silver cars are pretty thin on the ground.

Make sure you post up some pics when you can.

BTW: I presume you reside in Victoria?

Cheers,

Bob.

Forgot to say that I know of a number of other cars here in Melbourne / Victoria.

In particular, Glenn Ridge has a very low mileage (3000 km) Red one which received the Gibson Motorsport treatment including Simmons wheels. I saw it a few months ago at the R35 Drive Day at Phillip Island. He got it in a deal from Nissan when they were giving away Pulsars on the TV show he hosted (Sale of the Century). He drove it down to PI, but said that the drive was a bit lumpy for the first bit as the tyres had flat spots. Mustn't get much use!

There's also another red one in pristine condition residing in an inner Melbourne suburb. I'll see if I can drum up the details.

Regards,

Dave.

Gday Dave,

THanks for adding your car to the register, if you get the details for the other red one that would be great. Nissan (who still havent got back to me) might be interested in doing a formal register on these vehicles. Im really glad Unique put SAU up in the newsletter, Ill owe Scott a beer I reckon.

Cheers,

Ken

Another one at Shannons Sydney Auction......

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/?id=KADA8I901L613E8K

I think its the same car as this one sold back in the middle of last year.

http://www.shannons.com.au/pages/auctions/lot.jsp?id=PAO2C65C9E8N437Y

Interesting to see how it goes........ I hope it sells for a million! LOL.

Bob.

hi dave & welcome aboard the ADM train :)

what a great story you have shared with us! being a silver ADM owner myself, it is wonderful seeing another fantastic example of a SILVER gtr as there are not many around (i'd still like to know the colour split between the 3 colours but we cant find this info unfortunately) & yes i do agree with you that this colour really shows the lines off very well.

i know this DWS plate & i think there were other pics of your gtr i saw next to an r35? i am also familiar with the bad soldering of the afm's - quite painful until u find the source.

i still have not seen this unique ADM register you guys are talking about, unless i am mistaken & this was mentioned in bobs recent article?

Hi All,

I own one as follows:

Regards,

Dave.

Another one at Shannons Sydney Auction......

http://www.shannons.com.au/auctions/lot/?id=KADA8I901L613E8K

I think its the same car as this one sold back in the middle of last year.

http://www.shannons.com.au/pages/auctions/lot.jsp?id=PAO2C65C9E8N437Y

Interesting to see how it goes........ I hope it sells for a million! LOL.

Bob.

i really like the blurb they have used on the shannons website - i think i might add this to my signature :bunny:

The Porsche 959 was Nissan's target when designing the R32 GT-R. Chief engineer Naganori Itoh intended to use the car for Group A racing, so the design specification was drawn up in conjunction with a copy of the Group A rules. The Nurburgring Nordschleife production car record at the time of development was 8min 45sec set by a Porsche 944, but Nissan's test driver Hiroyoshi Katoh reset the record with a time of 8min 20sec.The GT-R achieved its sensational performance with twin ceramic turbochargers, which boosted power of the car's 2.6-litre straight-six engine to more than 300 horsepower at 6,800rpm, but this was deliberately understated due to the Japanese carmakers' 'gentlemen's agreement' at the time not to exceed 276 hp (206kW).All-wheel steering and electronically controlled all wheel drive based on the system developed for the Porsche 959 resulted in a serious supercar that is still revered today.The R32 GT-R was introduced in to the Australian Touring Car Championship in 1990 and promptly ended the reign of the previously all-conquering Ford Sierra Cosworth, winning at Bathurst in 1991 and 1992. This success led to the Australian motoring press nicknaming the car Godzilla due to it being a "monster from Japan". As Australia was the first export market for the car the name quickly spread. Such was GT-R's dominance that it was a significant factor in the demise of Group A Touring Car racing, the formula being scrapped soon after.

Here are some photos given to me after a photo shoot of the car for a retro article in Motor in August 2003. It also appeared in a Wheels "Top 100 Cars" article in Dec 2003.

Ooh I saw this the other week! It was from quite a distance so I didn't realise it was an ADM at the time, good work :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice car Dave with the 1 owner being a big wow factor!

There was another buyers guide done a GTR's in Unique Cars in June 2003 issue. They used a silver ADM NSW rego AEL16K.

i added this to the list a while ago, as below...

5. As seen in the published track test @ Eastern Creek, NSW plates AEL16K, gunmetal grey Enkei wheels

Yet again, list is updated with the above info, now up to 56 ADM's!

Red Pearl Metallic (27):

1. 8/91, 53 of 100 (#16907), QLD plates OZR32, owned by RBNT

2. 5/91, 27 of 100 (#16070), NSW plates GTR100, owned by AUSSIE_DELIVERED_R32_GTR

3. 8/91, 72 of 100 (#16930), VIC plates, owned by ZARDOS

4. 77 of 100 (#17161), VIC plates, owned by MAZ

5. With Hollandia sunroof

6. Mark Skaife's GTR as seen at the NSW Club, Gibson modified

7. Kerry Packer's GTR, NSW plates AZ?97H, sold privately, heavily modified

8. 6/91, 37 of 100 (#16117), WA plates, owned by jun 2.7

9. Former Linfox Transport Targa GTR #720 raced by Kevin & Peter Bartlett, 6/91, (#16141), QLD plates 151HHZ, owned by John_AUSGTR (prior plates were VIC EXD441)

10. NSW plates CHN032

11. As per magazine article, NSW plates ANO84F

12. Targa GTR #832 raced by Jim Richards & Barry Oliver

13. With NOS kit, NSW plates DIG04U

14. NSW plates SYNRGY

15. NSW plates KNETIC

16. Hills area of Sydney, NSW plates

17. Carlingford area of Sydney, lady driver, NSW plates

18. 18inch gold Simmons wheels, QLD plates

19. GMS race car no.1

20. 93 of 100, Sydney, Autosport customer

21. 36 of 100 (16107), VIC plates GTR500

22. Mark Skaife was given a GTR by Nissan

23. Jim Richards was given a GTR by Nissan, used in Targa Tassie a few times, colour coded Simmons wheels with bigger brakes. Former GMS mechanic stripped the brakes off the car and getting it ready for sale

24. QLD plates ONBAIL & now replaced with GDZILA, 447kw, T66 low mount setup with roll cage, 18” BBS LM gold wheels

25. Kier Wilson owned GTR, SA plates BB555D

26. Published in magazine in a handling test comparison with supercars, trade plates 25A1500

27. 76 of 100 (#17039), registered in VIC

Black Pearl Metallic (17):

1. 5/91, 21 of 100 (#16045), NSW plates ASU66U, owned by GTR FAN

2. 8/91, 78 of 100, VIC plates NURVUS, owned by GODZILA

3. 5/91, 14 of 100, QLD plates 322GTR, owned by brad_gtr

4. Tarmac Rally GTR

5. Parramatta area of Sydney

6. CRD built GTR with 1000+hp, ACT plates JUN

7. 5/91, WA plates GTR091

8. 5/91, NSW plates ABA20G

9. 1992 Australian Touring Car pace/safety car

10. 19 of 100, Sydney, Autosport customer

11. 87 of 100

12. Kerry Packer's GTR, gave to his friend, heavily modified

13. VIC plates OZGTR as seen at the Nats 2006

14. Jim Richards published article comparing factory GTR to Winfield GTR, VIC plates starting with ‘KB’

15. (#15973), likely Kevin Bartlett car as it was modified with roll cage, owned by GTROB

16. (#16034), advertised on shannons website, lot 10

17. advertised on shannons website, lot 9

Jet Silver Metallic (6):

1. 8/91, 60 of 100 (#16942), NSW plates GO21LA, owned by Marko R1

2. Kier Wilson of Willall Racing's 8.7sec GTR with 1000hp, WA plates RH9

3. Brisbane area, not registered and driven anymore

4. Kerry Packer's GTR, he gave to his helicopter who saved his life after heart attack (Nick Ross), heavily modified

6. 22 of 100 (#16048), VIC plates DWS, owned by smithy2167

7. 5/91, QLD plates NO1GTR, owned by Dazmo (chassis number does not exist on the build date list, 6F4KBNR32A0011273...11273)?

Racing livery colours (6):

1. GMS race car no.2

2. GMS race car no.3

3. GMS race car no.4

4. GIO race car no.1

5. GIO race car no.2

6. Blue & green Falken promotion GTR