SAU Community

2011 F1 Thread

zebra

First, let me say I'm no Vettel fan, arrogant little prick. But I'm even less of a fan of Lewis, the boy with the silver spoon shoved up his arse. If I remember correctly the safety car was miles ahead, Lewis then accelerated towards the last corner and then decided he wanted to back the pack up (or play dirty tricks and try and give others penalties for overtaking), he pulled over to the right side of the track which forced Mark to almost stop on the left to avoid overtaking him. Vettel came to the scene with speed, I guess assuming they were accelerating for the restart and found an almost stationary Webber with no where to go (Lewis on the right).

He may have been the one that made contact but the person responsible for the whole sequence of events is one L.Hamilton. IIRC Vettel was balling his eyes out in the pit lane afterwards, I'm not sure if its because he blew his chances at his first podium (probably more likely) or that he took out the senior driver at the senior team who was on for the teams first win. I'm not sure who Webber blames, I seem to remember his relationship with Hamilton is less that friendly though?

Looks like Webber and DC had a blast at Redbull together. I'd love to see Button and Webber in the same team, looks like it was supposed to happen in 05/06 at Williams if it wasn't for the meddling FIA.

yeah summed up pretty well and for sure hamilton was the catalyst in that incident. I just hate vettel for the fact that he didn't avoid webber. webber managed to avoid hamilton's stupid arse, vettel should have been a bit more circumspect given the track conditions (rain).

and yeah I'm not sure hamilton and webber are great mates. which is unusual as webber seems to be pretty well liked by everyone. he seems to be pretty close with alonso for one who doesn't seem to make many other friends! he was head of the GPDA for a few years too.

yeah summed up pretty well and for sure hamilton was the catalyst in that incident. I just hate vettel for the fact that he didn't avoid webber. webber managed to avoid hamilton's stupid arse, vettel should have been a bit more circumspect given the track conditions (rain).

I wonder if the rain light had something to do with it. I can imagine it'd be pretty effing hard to judge the distance and speed when your only good point of reference keeps flashing on and off. Wait, what the hell am I doing, making excuses for Vettel.... for shame.

He did hit Webber almost square up the arse though, didn't look like any kind of substantial effort was made to avoid him.

he seems to be pretty close with alonso for one who doesn't seem to make many other friends!

haha, its easy to make friends when you share a mutual dislike for someone.

Just looking back over some of the race summarys, I'd forgotten what a wild season 2007 was.

Christ, maybe I should have popped into Force India when I drove past Silverstone the other week, it may have got as many chins wagging as Kimi's recent visit to Williams. I think I am a better fit at FI than Kimi at Williams....still interesting to see if there are any developments in the Kimi-F1 side of things

Fatso is going to have to get back into shape before he even starts thinking about a move back to F1

Love to see where he ends up. Redbull would be a perfect fit for him. Cant see him going back Mclaren because their driver line up is pretty excellent for the foreseeable future. Doubt he'll go back to the fuzz with gonzo there. That guy is like a cancer in any team he's been a part of and kimi isnt that stupid

The talk is that is the point of any seat, even a Williams for 2012. Get bum in seat, get his eye in. Get used to tyres, gadgets of the current spec car and then with Massa, Schuey and Webber all off contract at end of 2012...we will also know where Kubica is at. He is only 31.

Woudl be interesting to see if Red Bull again turn their back to the Jr drivers who they have helped develop for the sake of being able to have two WDC in their team, ie McLaren