SAU Community

The Official Deca Wrap Up Thread

180Roman

Thanks to all the organisers, volunteers and Micolour for putting on yet another awesome deca. Had an absolute ball! Also massive thanks to Al for letting me drive his car all day. It really is an amazing beast and held up all day without fault :D

Cant wait for the next one!!!

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks once again to all the SAU people who helped make this day possible.

I had a farking BALL!

saturday night was a classic. Bris putting my 3/4's drunk Kronenbourg Glass down the back of his pants was hallarious!

Needless to say i didnt touch THAT glass for the rest of the night

I hope you found your wallet too :D

Head all good today....those burgers in Nagambie really hit the spot!

Thanks to all the organisers and volunteers who once again ran a tight ship.

Had a ball as usual and doing in the 135i was a whole new experience. Finally got to turn traction control off without the risk of smashing into anything. RWD slidage is farking awesome!

Most comfy drive to and from Shep I've ever had!

No one else has any photos to post? :blink:

Sorry I didnt get any this time due to being out on the skid pan busy with timing etc, hopefully some others have some :)

Edited by NUTWGN

So the 2010 Championship is over! 4 sold out Decas in one year means its clearly not time to give these things up!... Which we were if it was not for the likes of Leon and Bec!

I will say however, one of the most frustrating things about running a DECA is relying on factors you have no control over. A big one is VOLUNTEERS!! Over the past 25 decas we have gone from an abundance of volunteers where we had 3 people alone cooking the bbq to practically begging for people to help (on the day!). In the past a large number of volunteers were also competitors who for some reason or another did not enter but were still happy to lend a hand, for the sake of giving something back to the event.

Sau Decas are much more like a weekend away with mates than an event out to make money. If thats all we wanted to do it sure wouldnt cost $85 and noone involved would bother with it.

That being said, if we cannot manage to get Volunteers EASILY next year 1 of 2 things will happen. 1st is everyone gets over busting their asses with no help and cant be bothered running events or 2, we hire someone like Race Soloutions who charge for their services and we simply jack the price up another $50 to cover the costs... pretty silly considering we only need 12 people for the first half of the day and 6 for the afternoon...

Enough beating the volunteers horse, its nearly dead. Hopefully 2011 is the year of the DECA helper!

Again, everyone involved with the incident, thankyou for your help. Especially to the guys who ran them to the hospital.

Thanks to the Volunteers, Bec, Anna, Joey, Bus stop flaggy :blink:, Sandeep and Co, our mini wang Starter Don?, Wayne and Mick. and our scruteneers Russ, Tim and possibly Ash?? plus everyone who helped in the afternoon battles.

Also, all the guys who helped pack up, Cheers!

Leon will be doing results shortly. Thanks to Sandeep we now have a much quicker way of doing Results which should be all sorted for next deca. just ironing out a few things this time round.

See everyone at the final meeting for the year.

this one just for u tek!! :blink:

Thanks JFK I'm also keen to see more of other cars if you have as well :)

No worries Anna thanks for volunteering again it meant much more this time than getting photos!

I did see quite a few cameras out, so come on give them up people no need to stash them all in your private collections!

Very nice shots Mootman, thanks :P

Would have been sweet if they plonked you at the skidpan for the afternoon, because my crappy 18-55 kit lens was grossly inadequate for the job.

Nice pics Mootman. I am the guy in the silver GTSt ... sorry if i gave you a bit of a fright by backing it into the cones where you were standing taking those pics on the Long Wang :)

Thanks for sitting out there in the blazing sun all day getting cool snaps! :P

Nice pics Mootman. I am the guy in the silver GTSt ... sorry if i gave you a bit of a fright by backing it into the cones where you were standing taking those pics on the Long Wang :D

Thanks for sitting out there in the blazing sun all day getting cool snaps! :bunny:

hahhaha man i had to check my panties after that hahahhaa

hope you all enjoyed the pics and now i have a beautiful tan thanks SAU