SAU Community

C34 Rear Wiper Delete

SMOKEYV35

does anyone know how to go about deleting the rear wiper?

speedhunters have been doing a feature on sedans and haulers and featured a few stageas this month - this one today looks ultra clean, and makes me want to delete the badges and wiper on mine, but i'm wanting to know if anyone knows of a bung kit to suit?

3.jpg

10.jpg

I think that if you remove it you will get a defect, just like Silvia owners do if they remove the wing caus they remove the stop light part.

You would have to check each State's laws on rear wipers on wagons.

^^ I think the only issue with the removal of a wing with a stop light in it is the loss of the 'eye level' brake light that you are required by law to have.

Would be interested to know the legalities of removing a rear wiper

I have those blanking caps on Yahoo auctions for sale before

Not hard to make your own. Once you remove the motor from the inside you will be left with a approx 15-20mm hole thru glass.

make a cap from something and glue it on.

Yeah i have seen them on yahoo japan fairly often, I think it's just a rubber plug of some kind.

^^ I think the only issue with the removal of a wing with a stop light in it is the loss of the 'eye level' brake light that you are required by law to have.

Would be interested to know the legalities of removing a rear wiper

I have heard of people being defected in NSW for removing a rear wiper, if it was there from factory. Same for removing the rear washer nozzle thing.

Seems like something that would only be picked up if a cop was really intent on raping you though.

back1.jpg

funnily enough, i hate not having a back wiper when it's raining :P

there was a little rubber "nipple" on the back of mine covering the wiper bit... but it fell off so now its a bit of silicon!!

not sure what I can cover it with now.

yep, after driving to work in the rain and realising i used my rear wiper twice, i'm thinking it's not worth getting rid of. i love the practicality of this car, i should stop thinking of ways that reduce that.

my ls400 had 5% tint on the rear window and it was vergining on downright dangerous in the wet,

even during the day i couldn't see a single thing out the rear window - i was too afraid to change lanes, and merging onto the freeway was like gambling with your life!

still, it's a damn good looking rig.

still got that m35 wiper mike?

I hate the f**king little thing, you use it and then it highlights how dirty the car is cos you've got a clean n on the rear window...

Im de-baging mine in the next few days and will look into wiper removal.

Any tips on de-baging?

haha, i think your sentiments are clear!

every car i've debadged i've had success with just heating the area with a blow dryer to soften the glue, then sliding a piece of fishing wire behind the badge and use a gentle pulling/sawing motion. they come off pretty easy. then to get the remaining glue off use some wax and grease remover and just dab it on, let it sit for a minute, then wipe off gently (don't scrub, you can damage the clearcoat).

then hit it with some polish and then wax, and it should be good to go. worst that can happen is you mess it up somehow, and you have to stick the badge back on.

i know it's not deleted, but the alternative to the standard wiper is to swap it for an m35 one like i did

img0207jk.jpg

Mike, does the wiper from an M35 bolt straight on, and does it cover the same sweep area when it's used?

*goes to steel one from Jetwreck's car while it's off the road*