SAU Community

Initial results / tune - HKS 3040

B-Man

B-Man do you know the specs of the turbo and its rated power from HKS? What engine internals have you had done?

Internals - Forged Arias pistons, Cryotempered everything else.

I think HKS rate the 3040 at 500 ps - I dunno how they do that when the exhaust housing options are 0.72 through to 1.12.......

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Internals - Forged Arias pistons, Cryotempered everything else.

I think HKS rate the 3040 at 500 ps - I dunno how they do that when the exhaust housing options are 0.72 through to 1.12.......

think they actually go down to 0.61, as all the hks GT30s use the same turbine housing.

So B-Mans question..

I'd like to know this also.. :) Smallest A/R possible for me. :)

Love it B-Man, good power. Do/will you have power runs at lower boost pressures, say 14-17psi for daily driving etc?

The reason I ask is that I have a hybrid internal gate Garrett GT3040, which has a slightly different exhaust wheel to HKS as well as 0.60 A/R comp and 0.63 A/R exh, but otherwise sort-of close. I get 265rwkW at 17psi with all other engine bits totally stock.

Would be nice to know your power at LOWER boost as it might help me predict what might happen when I boost it to 20-22psi later with other bolt-on stuff optimised, like exh manifold, cams etc.

Don't want to push it just yet as I have stock pistons.

Also do you ahev stock cams? If so, 323 is awsesome.

Freebaggin: im no expert but I thought the garrent turbos were out of their effiency range at 20-22 PSI, I could be wrong, but I thought thats was where the difference was between your HKS and garrent turbos? Garrents make their power on lower boost and HKS make theirs up higher?

Sumo

Freebaggin - no sorry mate no low boost Dyno reading as yet.

Cams are 256/9 Tomei with Exhaust cam gear. A/F ratios not on this dyno sheet, but will get them on final tuned dyno graph.

Sewid - not back yet - had to go back for new clutch - too much power...... ;)

CHeers, ;)

Joel, if you go the smallest housing, you will most probably either spend alot of time going sideways in the traffic, or alot of time driving around with low boost

i totally agree there.

im going .82 on my gt3040 ... speak of the devil should arrive today.

Wicked Results though B-Man.

All your woes are finally turning into GOES for a change! :zap:

Freebaggin: im no expert but I thought the garrent turbos were out of their effiency range at 20-22 PSI, I could be wrong, but I thought thats was where the difference was between your HKS and garrent turbos? Garrents make their power on lower boost and HKS make theirs up higher?

Sumo

Garretts run fine at high boost.

Thanks B-Man for info.

Garretts run fine at high boost.

Thanks B-Man for info.

Laggy compared to a zed, YES.

Compared to a GTR not so much. We have over layed dyno graphs from GTR's we have recently done and one with N1 turbo's and Tomei cams etc was a little more responsive low in revs, but not much. B- Mans Skyline had more mid range and top end. With more to tune yet.

Single Trubo with higher comp than RB26.

Joel, if you go the smallest housing, you will most probably either spend alot of time going sideways in the traffic, or alot of time driving around with low boost

As long as it comes on hard by 3500rpm i'm not worried what sized exhaust a/r it is.

.82 a/r should do it by 3500rpm on the 3ltr.

Nice results.

I just reeled off 256rwkw at 1 bar with a garrett 3040 with 0.82 rear housing and it makes power just likes yours bman. 3000-3500 around 7psi and then from just below 4000rpm 1 bar all the way to redline. I was just using a 1 bar spring in my external gate to control boost. I am hoping to run a few more psi also and see what she can do, but i still got stock internals.

As for garretts having a low psi efficience range, u should talk to the vl boys down at mel who are running over 2 bar with their garretts and running 9 sec passes, i think they will disagree with you.