SAU Community

Na P-Plate Cars

Hi everyone, im just looking to get some peoples opinion on a few cars

firstly id like to say, im going to be on P plates so turbo/super cars and V8s etc. are out .( unless it has a power to weight ratio of 125 or less.). . so im looking at na toyota supra, nissan silvia autech, honda s2000, or maybe a bmw e36 coupe.. i want something that has a pretty decent 0-100 time, although speed isnt everything, i want someting wich looks good aswell. and im looking to spend no more than 20k, and i want something that i can do a few minor engine mods to.. eg exhaust.. ecu..

Those are just a few cars off the top of my head, if you can think of anymore that are similar please feel free to let me know :)

Thanking you in advance

ART888

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi everyone, im just looking to get some peoples opinion on a few cars

firstly id like to say, im going to be on P plates so turbo/super cars and V8s etc. are out .( unless it has a power to weight ratio of 125 or less.). . so im looking at na toyota supra, nissan silvia autech, honda s2000, or maybe a bmw e36 coupe.. i want something that has a pretty decent 0-100 time, although speed isnt everything, i want someting wich looks good aswell. and im looking to spend no more than 20k, and i want something that i can do a few minor engine mods to.. eg exhaust.. ecu..

Those are just a few cars off the top of my head, if you can think of anymore that are similar please feel free to let me know :)

Thanking you in advance

ART888

Hi mate. Which state are you in?

I would have suggest a V35, but I am not sure if it's also on the prohibited list for P-platers. From your list of choices, I would go for either Nissan Silvia Autech or Honda S2000, because it's still stylish and has lots of aftermarket support. I wouldn't definitely go for a BMW if you want to modify it later on.

Good luck. :)

Edited by Victor.T

if you cant go for power go for comfort / luxury.

leather, cruise control, etc.

something that you can just put some nice rims on and look awesome.

accord maybe.... if you dont mind front wheel drive.

and then get something fast when you get off your P's

I wouldn't definitely go for a BMW if you want to modify it later on.

Or if you want to service it, repair it, etc.

Go buy an N/A R33 in Silver. Check out the For Sale section, there's an awesome one this really cool guy called "Skittles" is selling :ph34r:

Do you want speed? Cornering?

Get a silvia or 180, they're really nice. An n/a 180 smashed me in a straight the other day.

Or N/A Skylines are pretty awesome in terms of a general car to drive. Not the greatest on fuel but they're really comfortable and fun to drive.

If you want to spend 20k then you could get something like that black 32 coupe and get work done to it?

$5000 car, do exhaust and suspension. Clean out the car, spend a little dosh on car care products, get a good service, replace all the globes etc.

New wheels.

Exhaust = $1250 fitted (cat + cat back, just had it quoted).

Suspension = $1500-2000 fitted (just had an estimate of 2k quoted, though I'm gonna try pull him down).

Car car products = $200 ish.

Wheels = $1050 non fitted, give or take, depends what you want.

We can't have a 300kw+ car, it's depressing. Might as well buy something that makes you smile when you drive it.

What car do you feel best suits you? Do you have a car you've wanted to buy for ages?

yeah mx5 is a good car, but can look a little girly... the mx5 and the s2000 are probs a bit to impractical.. i think il need a bit more room.. haha

do u know the 0-100 of an mx5 ? :)

try a lot girly. we stopped next to one at the lights the other day and my missus said that even she wouldn't own one because they are too much of a barbie car. she then proceeded to make remarks questioning the sexuality of the guy driving it (especially since he had the top down).

i don't care how good of a car they are, i couldn't own one because of the stereotype that goes with it.

id preferibly like a RWD car with a decent 0-100 time, im probly gunna get keep this car for a few years, atleast until im off my p plates, so i want something decent :) anyone driven a na supra?

but all good suggestions keep em coming :)

try a lot girly. we stopped next to one at the lights the other day and my missus said that even she wouldn't own one because they are too much of a barbie car. she then proceeded to make remarks questioning the sexuality of the guy driving it (especially since he had the top down).

i don't care how good of a car they are, i couldn't own one because of the stereotype that goes with it.

True! I went cruising with 2 of my friends and they were driving a Honda S2000 with top down one night. At the traffic lights, a guy in a 4WD stopped next to them and looked at them in a weird way. :P

id preferibly like a RWD car with a decent 0-100 time, im probly gunna get keep this car for a few years, atleast until im off my p plates, so i want something decent :) anyone driven a na supra?

but all good suggestions keep em coming :)

Stock NA Toyota Supra is slow. I had a quick dash with my friend's automatic NA Toyota Supra once, and left him at 3rd gear. :)

Edited by Victor.T

really.. theres a video on youtube where a guy got a 5.3 0-100 time.. in a manual na supra.. but it must have had mods yeah? coz thats pretty good for an na, and im guessing he wouldve killed the clutch though..

heres the link if anyone wants to check it out

really.. theres a video on youtube where a guy got a 5.3 0-100 time.. in a manual na supra.. but it must have had mods yeah? coz thats pretty good for an na, and im guessing he wouldve killed the clutch though..

I'd say that he would have a few mods - but he was probably going down a hill too haha...

http://www.overclockers.com.au/wiki/Fun_P_plate_legal_cars

^^

That's a cool little website that shows you 'Fun' P-Plater cars in different categories, check it out.

Good luck

Yes, it definitely have mods done to it. My stock (Engine wise) automatic V35 coupe does 0-100 in about 6 seconds.