SAU Community

Na P-Plate Cars

E36 BMWs are nice, just got to get one thats been looked after.

what he said, im actually looking at 318is's for my P's. cheap examples can go for less than 10k but a couple of thousand more could get you one it pretty good nick.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, lots of shit advice in here so I'm going to add to that with my 2c.

If you have a 20k budget, I'd be in a S2k in a flash. 2L NA manual vert that does 270kmh stock is pretty bloody impressive. (Not that you should test that out..)

As for the more realistic cars, NA skylines are boring as batshit, not to mention slowww!

Autech S15 DE = Waste of money like skyline NAs imo. (So expensive too)

I'm a fan of 300ZXs but I know most here aren't... Still going to leave this here: Clicky Me 170rwhp stock is a pretty decent effort... Plus targa = girls ;)

Supras. I do like them and the manual NAs go hard for what they are. You could get an aero top auto, then convert it to manual, especially with the budget you've got, maybe twin turbo swap down the track after Ps.

E36 BMWs are nice, just got to get one thats been looked after. I had no troubles with my old E36 M3. Off the shelf TT & SC kits are available...

If you have some old school taste, you could go for something like this: Click link

Or cause your budget is so big, you could get one of these: Click linky

Those are all the good RWD suggestions really...

i dont mind 300zx's either but whats the deal with everyone on here, they always mention 300z = engine out....someone explain why you say this

my old vy exec with the 3.8L Eco-Sik motor had extractors/cats/custom exhaust/panel filter, once beat a magna.

wicked lumpy note for a v6, but droney as shit with the one muffler.

smoked a few turbo imports aswell.. until they got into 2nd gear..

had dual fuel aswell, i really miss that massive LPG tank :(

moral of the story? dunno. but maybe buy some pice of shit corolla or something thats reliable, gets you from a to b, and cheap to run. meanwhile saving up for your beloved turbo import.:thumbsup:

guys what i think il do, is buy an autech silvia, make it look cool, with body kit and rims, then when im off my p plates sell the car as standard, with standard wheels and body kit, then buy the turbo version and put the body kit and rims back on then start modding the engine a bit :)

guys what i think il do, is buy an autech silvia, make it look cool, with body kit and rims, then when im off my p plates sell the car as standard, with standard wheels and body kit, then buy the turbo version and put the body kit and rims back on then start modding the engine a bit :)

that sounds like a wise decision :thumbsup:

Stock NA Toyota Supra is slow. I had a quick dash with my friend's automatic NA Toyota Supra once, and left him at 3rd gear. :)

na manual supras pretty quick, spesh at top end, its just legal for p platers. i was gona get r32 na but i found a na supra at the time and got it. im stil on Ls atm which is y didnt get turbos

ye its nice car to drive.

DC2 integra type R? FWD but definately faster than most p plate cars. RWD + going fast will slide out if your not careful, Or maybe thats what you want. Just dont forget if you crash its setting you back around around 2.5k+ excess.

That's a very good plan, mate. Well thought of. :thumbsup:

the autech make the same power as the turbo version from factory they are a really nice car, dont kit it they look awesome they way they are just a nice set of wheels with some poke and work on the suspension leave it at that, then when you get off your P's sell it and buy the turbo version and swap all the suspension over to the turbo one, hell you will probally be able to buy a turbo one cheaper then you sell the autech for by the time you get your P's caz being NA it will hold its value easy unlike the turbo versions ;)

the autech make the same power as the turbo version from factory they are a really nice car, dont kit it they look awesome they way they are just a nice set of wheels with some poke and work on the suspension leave it at that, then when you get off your P's sell it and buy the turbo version and swap all the suspension over to the turbo one, hell you will probally be able to buy a turbo one cheaper then you sell the autech for by the time you get your P's caz being NA it will hold its value easy unlike the turbo versions ;)

i reckon this kit would look pretty sweeeeet, check it out http://www.invo-tec.com/products/body-kits---exterior/body-kits/veilside/nissan/nissan-s15 its the D1 GT, and i agree, they hold their value so well, and ud easily pick up a turbo one cheaper than an autech :)

Since you guys have restrictions on P-Plate vehicles (In WA we dont) I would suggest getting something cheaper and saving up for when you are off your P's. No point modding an NA car which is just going to get sold later. Also, not so sure why you need a fast 0-100 time as well. Unless your using the car on a track, which I suggest you dont, its a little pointless. Get something like an old corolla, which is reliable and enough to get you from A to B and then save the rest of your money for something like an R32 GTR or R34 GTT.

This has been covered so many times I predicted correctly what ppl would suggest, there is at least a price this time. V35, wont get a good 350gt for under 20k. I have a mate with a monster na supra, hd reckoms its as quick as r34 gt's, bu to buy one in good nic you're looking at 13-15k, and my mate has spent at least that again in mods. Good luck finding an s15 autech, they're not common, they are expensive, then you have mods, na skylines are nice to drive but without the turbo might not be what you're looking for.

Marc's sss pulsar is does the job, and I second the magna suggestion. I stepped out of an r34 gtt and into a 3.5L 3rd gen magna and I was, and still am impressed. I dont know why everyone doesnt have one: >200hp, abs, duel airbags, alloys, wing, great aircon, cruise control and fantastic torque, all for 5k. Of course, you'd buy a vrx or awd and be set.

What about a mits 380 if you want even more, or an aurion? At least you know those two will certainly last you the plate stint.

Or an mx6 jspec v6, I drove a normal v6 once and it was awesome. Like a go kart on the road. Throw on a decent body kit and they go from looking like a fish to a classic porsche 959. I love that look.

Or an integra type r. Or the original civic type r (see top gear reviews). Or an impreza rs/rx. Awd awesomeness. What about an alfa 156 or 159, apparently theyre actually reliable and still have the alfa magic.

Fk there's so much goodness out there for your 20k, im barely scratching the surface. But before you cross any car off your list for "easy" reasons, remember no car is ever perfect. You could put your savings towards property and make some real money in a few years. Just saying, there's a lot to choose from

Since you guys have restrictions on P-Plate vehicles (In WA we dont) I would suggest getting something cheaper and saving up for when you are off your P's. No point modding an NA car which is just going to get sold later. Also, not so sure why you need a fast 0-100 time as well. Unless your using the car on a track, which I suggest you dont, its a little pointless. Get something like an old corolla, which is reliable and enough to get you from A to B and then save the rest of your money for something like an R32 GTR or R34 GTT.

you need a good 0-100 time to have fun :P

This has been covered so many times I predicted correctly what ppl would suggest, there is at least a price this time. V35, wont get a good 350gt for under 20k. I have a mate with a monster na supra, hd reckoms its as quick as r34 gt's, bu to buy one in good nic you're looking at 13-15k, and my mate has spent at least that again in mods. Good luck finding an s15 autech, they're not common, they are expensive, then you have mods, na skylines are nice to drive but without the turbo might not be what you're looking for.

Marc's sss pulsar is does the job, and I second the magna suggestion. I stepped out of an r34 gtt and into a 3.5L 3rd gen magna and I was, and still am impressed. I dont know why everyone doesnt have one: >200hp, abs, duel airbags, alloys, wing, great aircon, cruise control and fantastic torque, all for 5k. Of course, you'd buy a vrx or awd and be set.

What about a mits 380 if you want even more, or an aurion? At least you know those two will certainly last you the plate stint.

Or an mx6 jspec v6, I drove a normal v6 once and it was awesome. Like a go kart on the road. Throw on a decent body kit and they go from looking like a fish to a classic porsche 959. I love that look.

Or an integra type r. Or the original civic type r (see top gear reviews). Or an impreza rs/rx. Awd awesomeness. What about an alfa 156 or 159, apparently theyre actually reliable and still have the alfa magic.

Fk there's so much goodness out there for your 20k, im barely scratching the surface. But before you cross any car off your list for "easy" reasons, remember no car is ever perfect. You could put your savings towards property and make some real money in a few years. Just saying, there's a lot to choose from

I dont like the look of the pulsar or the magna.. so the supra goes aight ? i dont think id do too many mods on an na id wait til i could get a turbo to do mods.. what other cool, and decntly fast cars can u get for under 20k ? :) thanks for your contribution.

Best N/A legal P-Plate car thanks to the government not thinking of it is......The N/A Lotus Exige 0-100 in 4.7 seconds

lotus_exige_1.jpg?cache=20091109182356

unfortunaltly thats a little out of my price range.. :(

you need a good 0-100 time to have fun :P

Fair enough. But your best 0-100 times for even that price will prob come from a falcodore

I dont like the look of the pulsar or the magna.. so the supra goes aight ? i dont think id do too many mods on an na id wait til i could get a turbo to do mods.. what other cool, and decntly fast cars can u get for under 20k ? :) thanks for your contribution.

I don't like the pulars look, and im not a huge fan of the magnas to be honest, but give them a google and you'll be surprised what a difference a body kit, some good rims and lowering makes.

Lol he says his supra goes alright, has 160rwkw which is gtst territory, but he's thrown 10-20 grand at it and he knows what he's doing, he's been doing stuff like this for many years. He wins dyno and track days, so yeah. Did you give that fun p plate cars site a look? Remember you can buy a cheap car and mod the crap out of and it may well be faster than the more expensive cars