SAU Community

Na P-Plate Cars

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the 180 into a telegraph pole does wonders for your suspesion geometry ( not me driving), and lets not argue about whats been said, thats not the point of post, its p plate legal cars, on subject, na silvias and the older rollas are great fun to learn in

I agree that an r31 is a good car for p platers. The rb30e is a great engine in standard form.. (great to work on, bullet proof, decent on fuel and decent power for a p plater)

I think its a great starting point for a first time driver, where as something that is as fast as a wrx for example is not. Im sorry, but i just cant help myself. Even if the r31 was a freak car, and had lets say 100kw more than all of the other rb30e cars, i still wouldnt like its chances. And obviously that is a ridiculous overstatement, but i think it fits the level of performance gap we are talking.

I think this is the case of mistaken racing. I have taken off from the lights plenty of times to see a vn commo burning fuel past me. Then at the next set of lights copped abuse from toothless bogans about how they smashed the import etc etc.

Or maybe it was even a wrx? Na with a cannon?

I would cut off my nuts and eat them if someone can prove that a stock 31 can beat a stock wrx.

Definitely one of those two options. Im sure an rx impreza would probably get beaten by a r31. Ive also known of plenty of 'mistaken racing' situations like you said, my mate thought his stock vl rb30e auto beat a reasonably modified vl turbo when we were on our p's. He wouldnt listen when everyone tried to tell him otherwise, i mean it was blatantly obvious. At the end of the day, idiots will believe what they want to believe... like a stock r31 that runs 14s or faster. domokun.gif

my r33 non turbo series 2 bet all my p plate friends except my mate who had a brand new ve commodore. But i had a shit exhuast and carrying a passenger in my car when i raced him. I also raced an evo, and although the evo is turbo i was actually beating it for the first initial 50 metres(probably cause mines auto and his evo was a manual and he was a shit shifter) then his turbo kicked in and owned me, but still its a good feeling to know that your car can keep up with a turbo, and is faster than most p plate cars out there. So i say go for a skyline, =)

3000gt isnt too bad either, since it has the same power as a supra, and is AWD so quicker off the line,

my r33 non turbo series 2 bet all my p plate friends except my mate who had a brand new ve commodore. But i had a shit exhuast and carrying a passenger in my car when i raced him. I also raced an evo, and although the evo is turbo i was actually beating it for the first initial 50 metres(probably cause mines auto and his evo was a manual and he was a shit shifter) then his turbo kicked in and owned me, but still its a good feeling to know that your car can keep up with a turbo, and is faster than most p plate cars out there. So i say go for a skyline, =)

3000gt isnt too bad either, since it has the same power as a supra, and is AWD so quicker off the line,

Your mates must drive shit slow cars, because NA R33's are nuggets.

I agree with mad, who agrees with grey agreeing with superdragger.

Fact is, and although this is hypocritical as i was an idiot with a v6 commodore who dragged everyone on my red p's that p platers in shit slow na cars look like f**king idiots dragging at the lights. Everyone is f**king laughing at how pathetic it is, even more so then when idiots do it in reasonably powered cars. If you think your car is worthy of drag racing, take it to a track.

^lol

My n/a r34 does the trick against all the boys in their falcadores but cant say i go looking for a challenge I know ill get dusted by anything 3/4 decent being 4 door and auto, meh on your p's its all about the looks :cool: , 6 months to full license and then the search begins for that gtr......

+10 votes for R31, had many of them, and with decent shocks and springs, and basic mods, manual ones are great fun to drive, even if not the quickest thing out there.

I love the things, but no chance of coming close to a WRX.

P plate legal car for $20k i'd be getting an EP3 civic type R. nice and modern so it won't keep breaking down on you and cheap to repair/maintain. they are quick, 6speed manual, beautifully made, lovely handling, an import so they are a bit different/cool and lots of tuning parts available for them if you want to mod it. great cars.