SAU Community

Na P-Plate Cars

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Get an AE86, i have 2 of em and admit they are awesome fun, its a go cart you can register plus once your off your p's you can sell it and not lose any money cos they are on the up and up price wise. For your budget you could get a real nice JDM one too.

haha ! the AE86 is an awesome car, so much potenitial ! and pretty cheap too, only thing id be worried about is the age.. are they reliable? and if i got one that had a turbo do u reckon ud get into much trouble from cops.. could u hide it or something. :P haha

True! I went cruising with 2 of my friends and they were driving a Honda S2000 with top down one night. At the traffic lights, a guy in a 4WD stopped next to them and looked at them in a weird way. :P

Stock NA Toyota Supra is slow. I had a quick dash with my friend's automatic NA Toyota Supra once, and left him at 3rd gear. :)

the manual ones are faster than the auto's, and are ok for a NA car.

i get where your coming from.. but i am adament that i want to get a goood car thats pretty cool, with a decent 0-100 time, unfortunatly the 'rolla doesnt match those wants..

some of the corollas, pulsars, hondas, etc, are cool in their own right, and will do 0-100 times as fast as a skyline, if not faster. you may just have to lose your desire to be a wannabe drifter and start looking outside of imports as there are plenty of reasonably quick NA cars in either the aussie made stuff or fwd 4 cylinder stuff. any of the mid 90's model aussie built stuff in a manual with some minor tweaks will out perform most NA imports in the traffic light grand prix (which is what you seem to care about). although most import owners will go on about how they wasted some commodore or falcon off from the lights. they will just neglect to tell you that it was some granny who had no intention of racing, LOL.

the manual ones are faster than the auto's, and are ok for a NA car.

some of the corollas, pulsars, hondas, etc, are cool in their own right, and will do 0-100 times as fast as a skyline, if not faster. you may just have to lose your desire to be a wannabe drifter and start looking outside of imports as there are plenty of reasonably quick NA cars in either the aussie made stuff or fwd 4 cylinder stuff. any of the mid 90's model aussie built stuff in a manual with some minor tweaks will out perform most NA imports in the traffic light grand prix (which is what you seem to care about). although most import owners will go on about how they wasted some commodore or falcon off from the lights. they will just neglect to tell you that it was some granny who had no intention of racing, LOL.

i dont find small hatchbacks cool, sorry just my tastes.. and im not a wannabe drifter i just want to get an import because i like them ! :)

and dont act like YOU dont care about the traffic light grand prix, everyone does at some point in their lives..

get a charade !

than wait till you get your full license than get a turbo car

defiantly worth it

+1, Great car. Paid $400 for mine with rego.

I dont get spending 20K on an NA car, especially on P's when your more likely to f*ck up, can get a turbo 33 for 10......

At the end of the day, 2nd hand cars aint worth shit, better off getting a $2000 shitbox (like most of us started in) and saving the cash for house and better car down the track.

My 2c anyways :D

so i think ive narrowed it down to 3 cars, the na supra, R34 Skyline GT na and the Autech s15, i like the styling of all of those cars, so which one would be the fastest in terms of 0-100 with a few mods eg. exhuast, ecu, air filter.. ???

so i think ive narrowed it down to 3 cars, the na supra, R34 Skyline GT na and the Autech s15, i like the styling of all of those cars, so which one would be the fastest in terms of 0-100 with a few mods eg. exhuast, ecu, air filter.. ???

I'd put my money on the Autech s15

I'd put my money on the Autech s15

yeah? insurance would probs be the worst of the three coz its an import.. and its the most expensive to buy, but they do hold their value dont they.. do u know what the 0-100 time is, i cant find one anywhere !

If its only 0 - 100km/h dash most of the "boring" family sedans on the road (such as Aurion, XR6 & 380) would just as fast or even faster than most of the N/A imports listed here.

nah, im pretty sure the autech and the supra are faster than those, most are over 8 seconds to 100, and the imports look much better than the "boring" family cars.. not really sure about the NA R34 Skyline tho, i think they r pretyy slow..

yeah? insurance would probs be the worst of the three coz its an import.. and its the most expensive to buy, but they do hold their value dont they.. do u know what the 0-100 time is, i cant find one anywhere !

both the r34 and the supra are also imports

nah, im pretty sure the autech and the supra are faster than those, most are over 8 seconds to 100, and the imports look much better than the "boring" family cars.. not really sure about the NA R34 Skyline tho, i think they r pretyy slow..

bog standard manual vrx magna will do it in pretty much 7 seconds flat and will run high 14 seconds 1/4 miles. add an exhaust and you will see mid 14 second 1/4 miles.

both the r34 and the supra are also imports

bog standard manual vrx magna will do it in pretty much 7 seconds flat and will run high 14 seconds 1/4 miles. add an exhaust and you will see mid 14 second 1/4 miles.

The supras were sold locally.. and the magna is fwd ! and its pretty ugly too..

i know the magna is fwd, i've owned 2 of them. my point being that a mildly modded magna will beat all of the cars you've listed, and how will you feel after losing a traffic light grand prix to a crappy fwd magna? lol

as for the supra being sold locally, are you refering to the markIII 70 series (ma/ga/jza70)? as far as i am aware the markIV (jza80) was never sold locally (feel free to provide info that proves me wrong though).

having read this and kinda being in the same boat here is what I can tell you from my experience.

From all my research the NA imports that you are looking at are slow (there is a reason that people mostly bought turbo versions). If you want to get a good car look at one where turbo's / superchargers werent an option. MX-5 is a perfect example, its light and quick, I have a mate with one and in the right colour with the hard top it looks fantastic. Plus who cares what others think about it being girly. another example of a good RWD you might want to look at that people call girly is the new MR2s.

I would suggest a V35, It what I will get once i have saved up enough and put a deposit on a house. just remember that as a P plater in Vic you can only get a sedan V35 the 350GT is on the prohibited list.

At the moment I am driving a "boring" VS commodore and while i dont go hooning or compete in the traffic light grand prix it is more than quick enough off the mark for me and has the power to let me over take on a freeway and undertake a tram.

To add to that I am sure I would have written of an import if i got one straight away. at least if i have an accident in the VS I dont care. I know this coz when I was on my Ls I scraped it on a pillar and wasnt to worried.

any way just my 2 bobs worth.

i know the magna is fwd, i've owned 2 of them. my point being that a mildly modded magna will beat all of the cars you've listed, and how will you feel after losing a traffic light grand prix to a crappy fwd magna? lol

as for the supra being sold locally, are you refering to the markIII 70 series (ma/ga/jza70)? as far as i am aware the markIV (jza80) was never sold locally (feel free to provide info that proves me wrong though).

yeah but if u mildly mod the supra aswell, supra would win, in standard form the supra wins against the magna anyways, magna 0-100 is 7 seconds, supra is low 6's

and as for evidence, i have none, haha but im pretty sure the MarkIV was sold here, coz in the description of heaps of cars that are for sale it says "Australian Delivered" does this mean it was sold here brand new? and not imported later? im not really sure..

having read this and kinda being in the same boat here is what I can tell you from my experience.

From all my research the NA imports that you are looking at are slow (there is a reason that people mostly bought turbo versions). If you want to get a good car look at one where turbo's / superchargers werent an option. MX-5 is a perfect example, its light and quick, I have a mate with one and in the right colour with the hard top it looks fantastic. Plus who cares what others think about it being girly. another example of a good RWD you might want to look at that people call girly is the new MR2s.

I would suggest a V35, It what I will get once i have saved up enough and put a deposit on a house. just remember that as a P plater in Vic you can only get a sedan V35 the 350GT is on the prohibited list.

At the moment I am driving a "boring" VS commodore and while i dont go hooning or compete in the traffic light grand prix it is more than quick enough off the mark for me and has the power to let me over take on a freeway and undertake a tram.

To add to that I am sure I would have written of an import if i got one straight away. at least if i have an accident in the VS I dont care. I know this coz when I was on my Ls I scraped it on a pillar and wasnt to worried.

any way just my 2 bobs worth.

Both those cars are pretty girly.. haha but your probaly right, i just cant think of any other cars, apart from the ones uve said and the honda s2000 unless u go FWD with a honda vtec... those are pretty fast and look decent enough..