SAU Community

Na P-Plate Cars

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'd have to wear a mask with a paper bag over the top of that to drive one though. they are just one of those cars that no matter how fast it may be it will always have the stigma of being one of the gayest/girliest cars on the road. it's right up there with a new beetle

the pulsar proponent DARES to scoff at the MX5... :happy:

ART888 Take it from me bro, im on my greens in NSW i get my blacks tomorrow and i bought a 350GT in feb this year, the RTA told me it was not on the prohib list even tho a few months later it showed up on there online site in fine print, i have been lucky as f**k not to get pulled over since i bought it, if i was in your situation i would save the cash for a nice 34GTT once your off your Ps i drove a camry till i bought my V and i can tell you if you crash an import you are gona h8t ur life for a long time, they are a beautifull thing and you dont want to mess one up. Get some driving experence under ur belt for a while 1st then get an import, as even a fender bender is gona cost you as most parts you need to import to replace. BTW insurence on NA imports is huge, for you prob a mini of 2k on full comp on a 34 or a S15.

buy an r31 mate, their a bit of fun, 3l and in a manual will leave a stock rex behind you, tidy it up, and look after it and you wont loose any money

Hahaha, sounds like the rex wasn't trying. R31's have trouble cracking a high 15.

You are arguing a point against something i didn't even say. i didnt say nice or good cars,i said fancy cars whether it be a 20 grand v35 or a shitbox s13 with 8 grand worth of mods. And what?? You think these f**kheads doing skid at the lights in their complete shitbox driftwarrior cars wouldn't do the same with a more expensive car? More to the point whether you are a hoon or not, accidents happen when learning so why spend all the money so young yadayada.

Relax mate. I'm not arguing with you at all. If anything I'm somewhat agreeing with you. Please re-read my post before flaming.

YOU are the one putting words in my mouth. I never mentioned anything about hooning, drifting etc.

I'm talking about kids that buy cars that are literally falling apart and not driving carefully and doing "touch parking" with other cars, because the mentality that "it's ok if my car hits the other car during parking, because my car is sh*t anyways"

Basically - if you have a decent car - you will generally drive safer.

Again re-read my previous post.

Relax mate. I'm not arguing with you at all. If anything I'm somewhat agreeing with you. Please re-read my post before flaming.

YOU are the one putting words in my mouth. I never mentioned anything about hooning, drifting etc.

I'm talking about kids that buy cars that are literally falling apart and not driving carefully and doing "touch parking" with other cars, because the mentality that "it's ok if my car hits the other car during parking, because my car is sh*t anyways"

If i catch anyone do that to my car 1st move is going to be touching there face 2nd is going to be taking there licence.

Whoever would do that regardless of what car they drive,is a complete f**khead. you want these people to drive nice cars so they won't ding everyone else's?they shouldn't be on the road if that is the way the would act if driving a shitbox.

buy an r31 mate, their a bit of fun, 3l and in a manual will leave a stock rex behind you, tidy it up, and look after it and you wont loose any money

Exactly what a mate did with his 31.looked stock with 14" stockos. Beat an 05 rex.

Mind you,his clutch wasn't too happy about the flat-shifting but oh well,winner winner chicken dinner lol.

Whoever would do that regardless of what car they drive,is a complete f**khead. you want these people to drive nice cars so they won't ding everyone else's?they shouldn't be on the road if that is the way the would act if driving a shitbox.

Yeh - completey agree.

Unfortunately the world is full of idiots and there is no way to control people's basic attitudes. It's also too easy for these type of people to get their licences.

WTF!? What r31's are we talking about? I assumed we were talking about the version with an rb30e in it. I remember when i was on my p's thinking they were significantly quicker then my vr v6. I drove a fair few of them, then my brother in law bought one. It felt quick too. Me and a mate lined them up on the street like hero's and the commodore (auto v6) dusted it. I was driving the 31 the first time, so my mate demanded we did it again with him driving the 31 cause he thought i cheated. Exact same result. And my v6 commodore got smacked by rexes, as did my v8 commodore of some years later.

The rx on the other hand.. well yes, and rb30 will kill it.

Edit- my v8 would have had a decent run a a wrx on a roll start, maybe 100-200, but every time i lined up was at the lights. Goodbye commodore.

Edited by cannabiscorpse

WTF!? What r31's are we talking about? I assumed we were talking about the version with an rb30e in it. I remember when i was on my p's thinking they were significantly quicker then my vr v6. I drove a fair few of them, then my brother in law bought one. It felt quick too. Me and a mate lined them up on the street like hero's and the commodore (auto v6) dusted it. I was driving the 31 the first time, so my mate demanded we did it again with him driving the 31 cause he thought i cheated. Exact same result. And my v6 commodore got smacked by rexes, as did my v8 commodore of some years later.

The rx on the other hand.. well yes, and rb30 will kill it.

Edit- my v8 would have had a decent run a a wrx on a roll start, maybe 100-200, but every time i lined up was at the lights. Goodbye commodore.

Maybe it was a group A R31 >? Lol

@ isekool. LMFAO!! Like this conversation would have even taken place if it was done on a strip. This is those people in na 6 cyl thrashing it, thinking that the wrx next to them is doing the same when it clearly isnt. If it was on a strip, the na 31 would not stand a chance because the wrx would have a go.

Im only assuming still these r31's are na because its in a p-plater thread, of course their is plenty or rb turbo models that will dust a wrx, but that isnt the point.

Btw- Im familiar with this mentality. I had a mate with a standard vl commodore that he thought was a weapon. He told us one night of this local vl turbo we were all familiar with and how he smoked it. I ended up speaking to the bloke that owned it a few years later, turns out it was reasonably modified and his mrs drove it. (he owned 3) Either way, you get my point. His mrs was obviously giving it nothing, but that didnt stop my mate telling everyone he handed it to her in his stock na auto vl.

Lol @ the group a, although its a more reasonable claim

Edited by cannabiscorpse

no matter who is driving the r31, unless the rex is running on 3 cylinders or has some other servere mechanical issue it will hose a r31. maybe you guys need to learn to tell the different between a rx or gx impreza and a wrx.

Only to a certain extent. And only when the cars are reasonably close in comparison. Yes it does in corners etc, but in traffic light grand prix, unless a wrx stalls, it will easily, and i repeat EASILY smoke an r31. Actually even if it stalled i still wouldnt bet my money. Any numb skull can put their foot on the accelerator, and push in a clutch, it really doesnt require skill. The two arent even vaguely a close comparison. I wouldnt even expect to beat a rex in my lightly modded gtst, let alone an rb30e r31. If i remember off the top of my head the vl commodore did a 9 second 0-100 (dunno bout the r31, but their isnt too much in it) where as a wrx of most models will run a 0-100 in 6 flat or better. Like i said, if an rb30e beat a wrx, the wrx wasnt racing.

this car was considered a freak amongst our circle, its probably fair to say your average one wouldnt, and im not here to argue it would, i saw what i saw but their a good car to learn in, lets you come to grips with a rwd chasis, particularly in the wet, and you dont care if you damage it, and once your off your P's you can get some thing worth having

Edited by drift nut