SAU Community

Na P-Plate Cars

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair enough. But your best 0-100 times for even that price will prob come from a falcodore

u reckon? i thought they were around 8 seconds.. theres way faster cars out there for the money, i know a stock na supra does high 6's...

I don't like the pulars look, and im not a huge fan of the magnas to be honest, but give them a google and you'll be surprised what a difference a body kit, some good rims and lowering makes.

Lol he says his supra goes alright, has 160rwkw which is gtst territory, but he's thrown 10-20 grand at it and he knows what he's doing, he's been doing stuff like this for many years. He wins dyno and track days, so yeah. Did you give that fun p plate cars site a look? Remember you can buy a cheap car and mod the crap out of and it may well be faster than the more expensive cars

the fun p plate cars site? u mean the wikipedia thing? and it says that ur not allowed to have any mod that will increase the cars performance.. so i was just gunna do like exhaust, ecu and air intake.. they are pretty minor.. so u shouldnt get into any trouble with cops....

the fun p plate cars site? u mean the wikipedia thing? and it says that ur not allowed to have any mod that will increase the cars performance.. so i was just gunna do like exhaust, ecu and air intake.. they are pretty minor.. so u shouldnt get into any trouble with cops....

You'll get away with mild mods, most people do anyways. The site has a list of interesting cars for p platers in different price ranges, some are pretty intetesting choices

• 2 weeks later...

Get an AE86!

I said it before but they are a very good choice, they are increasing in value, you can afford to get a JDM trueno (and a rather clean one at that) and they go hard.

Last night i joined in on a hills run and kept up rather easily through all the twists and even on the straights, once the cruse was finished there where a few guys asking if my car was turbo, these cars rev so hard and just go cos they have no weight, my car was the oldest and lowest power and only NA car there but if you keep the revs up you can run with the big boys.

Plus its Toyota, reliability is what they are known for.

Plus my 86 is only a 16v if you had the cash you could go for a black top 20v.

And if you dont want to spend much now get a KE70 with the 4age 16v or 20v in it, you wont lose money on them as they are also on the up and up. they are the same floor pan as the 86's almost the same weight, and they look killer slamed with some -10 rims with some dish and rolled guards and the quad headlights.

IMO if you going NA you need a light car, simple!

• 4 months later...

Im on p's aswell. Right now am driving an auto saab 900s :( its ok though, cuz i drive it in the '1,2,3' gears hahaa :P I was soo hooked on modding it, so I got a cannon put on, ripped out the airbox and put a pod and did a complete cold air intake. then for boredness sake I chucked in some iridium spark plugs. Anyway, the car still seems to JUST keep up with the granny infront of me, even htough I am gunning the shit outta it and THINK that I am going fast, but in reality, I am just a turtle with loud movements :P Anyway, I am trying to decide what to get after year 12 as I will have a bit of cash to spend. my car atm is srsly coming apart, the brakes crunch when I turn, theres always something having to be fixed etc. and after ALOT of thought I am PROBABLY, probably gonna getta na supra sz, cuz its manual, rwd, and I personally LOVE the interiors 'fighter pilot cockpit' style int. I ofund these stats on supra sz, not a whole lotta info regarding 0-100's etc but still good to have bookmarked.

Supra: http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=78353

R34 gt: http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=183843

S15: http://www.carfolio.com/specifications/models/car/?car=76637 (NOT AN AUTECH, but closest I could find on the website)

Hope this helps. Either way, if its looks, I would want either an R34 or a Supra. Interior, DEF supra, but thats my opinion :P I am also in the understanding that a supra will be faster then a skyline if both are NA. BTW I have never been pulled over for my cannon (my p's are visibly showing too, AND I live in Sydney, so the cops are real prix). I have only been pulled over once, that was for driving like a maniac only because earlier that day I got a ride in a V8 supercar at eastern creek, so the adrenalin was still pumping. the cops breath tested me and said NOTHING about my muffler, and didnt even bother checking engine, just checked p's were showing :D

I might be too late sending these links, but anyway, gl :D

MX5.....you cant go wrong RWD covertible and fun to drive or a GTI golf or something like that your only restriction is speed but you dont need it because the cops are looking for dumb p-platers now... or R34 or S15 or GTFO if im in my Nissan Fanboy Mood lol.

Series 3 TI R31 Skyline manual. good looking doorstop. Very comfy seats.very f**king cheap to buy. engine won't die and if it does i dare you to find a cheaper engine swap that is also as easy to do.

If you wanna do some mods you can install s13 hubs with s13 coilovers,get new bushes,sway bars,strut brace,extractors (illegal),2.25" exhaust,hks panel filter,air fuel ratio mod,set dizzy to special setting,nice paint job with rims that suit,clear front bar indicators,black grill and just keep it clean and don't be an idiot P Plater and your licence will survive till you can get your full licence. a manual 31 with extractors,dizzy trick,manual box and a panel filter can be a pretty fast car but f**k it you should be worrying about your experience on the road and not how fast your shitbox is. wait till you buy a v8 or turbo and then you should have the experience to not kill yourself. the end.

MX5.....you cant go wrong RWD covertible and fun to drive or a GTI golf or something like that your only restriction is speed but you dont need it because the cops are looking for dumb p-platers now... or R34 or S15 or GTFO if im in my Nissan Fanboy Mood lol.

also good for picking up your boyfriend in..... i don't care how good of a car they are, they are about as butch as a pair of stockings. even my missus thinks any guy who drives one has to be gay.

Series 3 TI R31 Skyline manual. good looking doorstop. Very comfy seats.very f**king cheap to buy. engine won't die and if it does i dare you to find a cheaper engine swap that is also as easy to do.

If you wanna do some mods you can install s13 hubs with s13 coilovers,get new bushes,sway bars,strut brace,extractors (illegal),2.25" exhaust,hks panel filter,air fuel ratio mod,set dizzy to special setting,nice paint job with rims that suit,clear front bar indicators,black grill and just keep it clean and don't be an idiot P Plater and your licence will survive till you can get your full licence. a manual 31 with extractors,dizzy trick,manual box and a panel filter can be a pretty fast car but f**k it you should be worrying about your experience on the road and not how fast your shitbox is. wait till you buy a v8 or turbo and then you should have the experience to not kill yourself. the end.

or you could just buy a commodore or falcon and it will be faster

x2 for mx5 being great to make out with your boyfriend in. As above, even my Mrs thinks that any bloke that drives one is as gay as Ian Thorpe.

I think their should be less emphasis on which car goes the hardest etc, as none are going to hammer period. I think stick to whichever car you like the looks of and find nice to drive. After all, in my opinion most of the fatal accidents i have seen p platers involved in are in falcodores, mostly 6 cylinder. That is also well before the p plate restrictions, im not saying they dont work or anything, but idiots will be idiots no matter the power of the car, and they all have the power to kill. My friend died in a stock corolla from the mid nineties, not exactly a power house.

If your on your p's, you still have plenty of choice as far as looks and ride goes, just go with your preference and wait until you can get something quick. The amount of police on the roads has to be ten fold on when i got my red p's. (8 years ago) At least in my area it is anyway, so i think no matter what, if you get a quick car and plan on having fun on the road, your license will not last long.

the point of my post was in no way about cars that are faster. the mods part was just for people that can't help it, i was just saying 31's are cheap and easy to maintain and a good choice for users of a skyline forum.

na rb30 definitely is a bullet proof bit of gear, very easy to work on and cheap as shit for parts. I would think its a decent car for p platers, although i think the op has a little more dough to sling around.

Yeah i didnt write my post for OP. is OP even using this thread anymore?

Im just not much of a believer in P Platers wasting their learning years on fancy cars. i want to spend a hell bent shitload of money on cars, but i have my full licence and spent my P Plate years driving and learning the road as everyone should do instead of having flash/fast cars and ripping skids.

I completely agree. I know not all p platers drive like shit and smash their cars up, but i think the likely hood of them doing so is very high. I also believe that being on yours p's is a good period of time to learn some basic mechanical knowledge, and the older cheaper cars tend to be much easier to work on due to simplicity.

also good for picking up your boyfriend in..... i don't care how good of a car they are, they are about as butch as a pair of stockings. even my missus thinks any guy who drives one has to be gay.

Yeah but having driven a turbo modified one around some serious hills you can more or less laugh at the 80% of cars on this website that would fall off the road trying to keep up with you Lol.

Yeah i didnt write my post for OP. is OP even using this thread anymore?

Im just not much of a believer in P Platers wasting their learning years on fancy cars. i want to spend a hell bent shitload of money on cars, but i have my full licence and spent my P Plate years driving and learning the road as everyone should do instead of having flash/fast cars and ripping skids.

I'm of a belief that it is better for a P plater to have a "nice" car (doesn't have to be powerful, fancy or sporty) - a car that is straight, clean and not a sh*tbox. Reason being it will force them into getting into the habit of taking care of their car, other people's cars and driving safely.

I've seen too many P platers driving around in sh*tboxes and not taking care eg. car parks and driving dangerously - I'm guessing because their mentality is that the "car is crap so why shoud I care".

Where as P platers with much nicer cars tend to drive more carefully (or at least make a genuine attempt).

Don't get me wrong - P platers will still get into accidents, but the ones with better cars do try their best to not get into trouble. Of course there will still be exceptions.

I'm of a belief that it is better for a P plater to have a "nice" car (doesn't have to be powerful, fancy or sporty) - a car that is straight, clean and not a sh*tbox. Reason being it will force them into getting into the habit of taking care of their car, other people's cars and driving safely.

I've seen too many P platers driving around in sh*tboxes and not taking care eg. car parks and driving dangerously - I'm guessing because their mentality is that the "car is crap so why shoud I care".

Where as P platers with much nicer cars tend to drive more carefully (or at least make a genuine attempt).

Don't get me wrong - P platers will still get into accidents, but the ones with better cars do try their best to not get into trouble. Of course there will still be exceptions.

You are arguing a point against something i didn't even say. i didnt say nice or good cars,i said fancy cars whether it be a 20 grand v35 or a shitbox s13 with 8 grand worth of mods. And what?? You think these f**kheads doing skid at the lights in their complete shitbox driftwarrior cars wouldn't do the same with a more expensive car? More to the point whether you are a hoon or not, accidents happen when learning so why spend all the money so young yadayada.

Yeah but having driven a turbo modified one around some serious hills you can more or less laugh at the 80% of cars on this website that would fall off the road trying to keep up with you Lol.

i'd have to wear a mask with a paper bag over the top of that to drive one though. they are just one of those cars that no matter how fast it may be it will always have the stigma of being one of the gayest/girliest cars on the road. it's right up there with a new beetle

Put Some wheels on it, Lower it and do a little body work then the jokes on you. RWD, light and decent p-plate power and CHEAP the boys at Top Gear UK respect it and watched tsuchiya drift one around a track stock engine but with good suspension setting, and he gave it a good score, so Its a huge Homosexual Car for guys who like RWD and an open roof.

3522610395_4826d85eed_o.jpg

Edited by starwarz

YAY the R31 got a mention. do that and ull keep the fkn thing tho. classics are too good to part with if u look after them. haha. which means: buy cheap R31, get off p's and buy ur turbo import, turbo import as your daily driver while u do more work on ur R31, crash turbo import, R31 becomes important again and ull drive around with a big grin on ur face at how clever u were to keep the old girl :D not to mention an rb30 is cheap, easy and uncomplicated ;)