SAU Community

Stagea Offset

RS-V AREO

Yeah those offsets are no good! Will sit too far in and prob hit on struts or something like that. My advice would b look for some different wheels 18x9.5 +20 fit really well on my car, make shure u have same size and brand tyres all round and rolling dia wont b a issue

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok yer don't want that. Its a auto if that makes a difference and the rims where on a 33gtst with no probs so not know if there is much difference between the coilover to the guard on a 33

Yeah c34 front is r33 gtr offsets so 18x9 +15ish for god fitment

Manual c34's are the same as the front but the rears of the autos are about 20 or 30 mm wider each side so I think +30 for the rear off the top of my head

If you wanted those wheels just grab 2 pairs of the gktech adjustable spacers

rear will have stretched tyres. might look a bit funny.

if you go up 2 or 3 widths and down 5% on profile of rear tyre it will keep the right tyre height without upsetting ABS etc

probably a 265-35-18 will be best for rears if it isnt too wide, to keep a square tyre profile all round

Edited by Deep Dish V35

rear will have stretched tyres. might look a bit funny.

if you go up 2 or 3 widths and down 5% on profile of rear tyre it will keep the right tyre height without upsetting ABS etc

probably a 265-35-18 will be best for rears if it isnt too wide, to keep a square tyre profile all round

245 won't look very stretched on a 9.5

245width.jpg

mixing and matching probably won't end well

my awd system is going a bit nuts atm at highway speed with 2 new 235's on the front and a newish and oldish 235 on the rear (so 3 new tires and 1 old)

Edited by pipster11

245 won't look very stretched on a 9.5

that all depends on which tyre you choose. i had 285s, then bought 265s in a different brand. the 265s were actually wider due to thicker sidewalls. i had no choice but to buy another set of 255s and sell the 265s after

also, when it comes to any system that uses sensors on wheels to create stability (attezza, abs, asm, traction control...) the only thing that creates a problem is having tyres that have different circumference. a bigger circumference causes less RPM of the tyre. the sensors on the wheels need to sense matching revolutions from each of the 4 wheels for the system to not be initiated. when one or more wheels does more RPM, the appropriate management system is engaged.

the width of tyre does not affect the system whatsoever UNLESS the width/profile ratio and subsequent circumference does not match.

that all depends on which tyre you choose. i had 285s, then bought 265s in a different brand. the 265s were actually wider due to thicker sidewalls. i had no choice but to buy another set of 255s and sell the 265s after

also, when it comes to any system that uses sensors on wheels to create stability (attezza, abs, asm, traction control...) the only thing that creates a problem is having tyres that have different circumference. a bigger circumference causes less RPM of the tyre. the sensors on the wheels need to sense matching revolutions from each of the 4 wheels for the system to not be initiated. when one or more wheels does more RPM, the appropriate management system is engaged.

the width of tyre does not affect the system whatsoever UNLESS the width/profile ratio and subsequent circumference does not match.

yeah but it tire size can become a compromise trying to match circumference and you won't get any combo the exact same

ok so 245 or 255? and with spaces will that push the rims to close to the guards? its been lowered but not had the guards rolled yet.

the rims i looking at are starcorps and talked this guy down from 1000 to 750 thats why i trying to find out lol

and what size would i need on the spacers?

Edited by whitenight27

• 7 years later...

I'm surprised this thread hasn't been brought back to life earlier... I searched "backspacing"and this came up, but somehow couldn't find it in the text... anyone know what the backspacing is (i.e. distance from wheel mounting face to coilovers) on a 2000 WGNC34 260RS (MT)? 

My car is about to come with 9.5J +22 with 3mm spacers (i.e. 9.5J +19), and I assume the spacers are there for backspacing rather than poke, since I only just learned that the rears don't have much space! 

I was told that 9J +15 should fit. 

I originally wanted to run Z34 19*10.5J +23, but it looks like I'll need at least a 15mm spacer in the rear for that, plus some gnarly camber to fit them within the guards -- especially if I run the 255/30-19 that I intended to.  

Does someone have the actual distance so I can calculate on paper before taking delivery of the car?  

Much appreciated!!