SAU Community

Dnf To Be Released, May 2011

oweban

• 1 month later...

It's done. Walked past EB today and decided to pre-order DNF - Balls of Steel Edition. Got an access code to all bonus stuff... including the demo (when it's released).

Can't wait for this game!!!

Lol, hey, that had to throw in one more delay for the game; wouldn't be dnf if they didn't.

Plus after so ling waiting, an extra month doesn't bother...

It's done. Walked past EB today and decided to pre-order DNF - Balls of Steel Edition. Got an access code to all bonus stuff... including the demo (when it's released).

Can't wait for this game!!!

How much did you pay for it?

I pre-ordered my balls of steel edition from amazon US. Worked out to be about $109 AUD total incl. Shipping.

I paid $147 for it. I'm not sure about the bonus features with this game but I learned after buying gow3 from the us, none of the bonus stuff worked. Even the download stuff needed an American account... The game disc may be region free but be aware of the dlc.

Shouldn't matter cause its a steam game.

Speaking of steam, I bought L4D2 from US steam uncensored using different a country selected for my address on the checkout and it worked fine. Changed my details back to Australia and its still full gore :D

I paid $147 for it. I'm not sure about the bonus features with this game but I learned after buying gow3 from the us, none of the bonus stuff worked. Even the download stuff needed an American account... The game disc may be region free but be aware of the dlc.

On PS3 "redeem codes" for games from the US have 16 digits whereas AUS games have 12 digits.

That is why you wouldn't have been able to get the downloads.

A mate of mine had the same "problem" with Rockband 2.

Why not make up a US account? It is quick, easy and you can get PSN store codes from gaminglue.com for your dlc.

Also, the US store has more and is a better layout than the shit AUS PSN store.

DLC is country specific, so you can only play US downloaded dlc via your US account and AUS dlc via your AUS account.

On PS3 "redeem codes" for games from the US have 16 digits whereas AUS games have 12 digits.

That is why you wouldn't have been able to get the downloads.

A mate of mine had the same "problem" with Rockband 2.

Why not make up a US account? It is quick, easy and you can get PSN store codes from gaminglue.com for your dlc.

Also, the US store has more and is a better layout than the shit AUS PSN store.

DLC is country specific, so you can only play US downloaded dlc via your US account and AUS dlc via your AUS account.

True, the dlc on the us psn store kicks arse plus I too have an account for my us games. The only problem is that the movie and music dlc is region specific.

The us version of god of war 3 ultimate pack didn't come with physical media (soundtrack and such) and so had to be downloaded. Only problem was my ISP is aus. and so it would not allow me to download even with a us account.

best bit about having a us account is being able to download games that are banned :). MK9 anyone??

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

If you scroll down the article to the comments, you've got all the Americans complaining that everyone else is gettign first :)

Yeah Daily Tech is predominately a yank site.

Cracked me up the amount of sooking from them :D