SAU Community

Dnf To Be Released, May 2011

oweban

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2011/01/21/exclusive-duke-nukem-forever-has-a-release-date.aspx

Now, while some people might be ecstatic about this, after watching the trailer, I'm cringing.

The world has grown up, and we're not all "hurr hurr" about boob jokes anymore. I almost find myself hoping this makes nowhere near the investment put into it. This is the kind of game that sends the wrong message about games to the wider populace (that and all the herp-derp from everyone at that expo where it was revealed).

The health-bar is "Ego", and refills... sigh.

Anyone else's thoughts?

dont care, duke ROOOLZ!! :P

seriously tho, it will prob be good, as its now made by gearbox (borderlands). just real corny as it always was. this was the first FPS i played multi player with my friends at lan parties back in the good ol' days.

even if it does suck i'll buy it, cause i have to....if that makes any sense at all

dont care, duke ROOOLZ!! :P

seriously tho, it will prob be good, as its now made by gearbox (borderlands). just real corny as it always was. this was the first FPS i played multi player with my friends at lan parties back in the good ol' days.

even if it does suck i'll buy it, cause i have to....if that makes any sense at all

Makes sense :) I dunno, I'm just VERY wary of spending over $50 on something that is that cheesy. Borderlands was cheesy but not horribly so, but DNF... I dunno, I guess I'm not a fan of "super macho", and his "aliens meh, OMG THE WOMENS I'M SUCH A STUD I GOTTA GO SAVE THEM" and the scenes where he's getting a blowjob from them or whatever.

I guess to me it seems like something a 13 year old would make, but eh, I'll play it anyway.

DN is popular/famous for what the game was.

Guns, explosions, potty mouth, tits, macho, funny, gun and tits.

Now being 12-15yrs older if those things dont appeal to you anymore then you probably wont enjoy it.

I think what made dn a popular game was that it was one of the first to have the kind of content it did. Dnf is just going off the same thing...

That being said, it still Won't stop me from getting it though.