SAU Community

Zoid's Gts Build

zoidbergmerc

White whale ready for tomorrow :D changed diff oil now, it was very shiny and had a couple of bits in it so hopefully it'll be better with fresh oil and stop peg legging!

Autobarn were the only people who had Motul FF LSD oil and it was hidden behind some other oil too.

Nope, still peg legging :( heaps.

Only got a 67 :( Which was rather embarrassing seeing as I got a 66 in Dan's 33 :P

New tyres are really good though, getting some good entry speeds, rear is pretty wild though. Maybe need a big wing to settle it down?

Or softer setting on the rear sway bar? softening the rear dampers helps too yes?

Just going off what I read on here

http://www.mcasuspension.com/setup.pdf

From looking at your car at the last drift round i went to, it looked way too stiff everywhere (for curcuit). Probably want softer springs, and wind the shocks back. What swaybar to you have?

So, I've got the Nismo GT Pro LSD 2 way diff.

For future reference and if any one else needs to know about rebuilding a Nismo 2 way here are the two PDFs you'll need

http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/competition/lsd/pdf/lsdpro_price.pdf

http://www.nismo.co.jp/products/competition/lsd/pdf/repair04.pdf

Just putting them here for later :) of if anyone else needs to rebuild a Nismo two way diff.

I didn't install it so I've got nfi, I'll pop the shafts off this weekend and scout it out.

I'm thinking rebuild might be required though because when I dropped the oil out lots of bits came out, looks like some one's put a fist full of 5c pieces in a blender.

• 4 weeks later...

New Cazman adjustable Camber, Traction and Toe arms.

IMG_20120220_065844Medium.jpg

Installed.

IMG_20120220_065824Medium.jpg

Installing them was easier than sitting down, one hint though, to remove the Traction arm, you need to have the camber arm out of the way. I only noticed this after I'd installed the camber arm and had it all torqued up.

• 4 weeks later...

Got my Diff rebuilt, biiiiig shout out to Martin at Tas Mobile Mech for getting it done for me! Also to Dave.TAS for helping source the parts!

Here is the old vs new shot

_1010516Medium.jpg

hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, not good!

Fresh Diff felt amazing though and I managed to rip some pretty good skids on Saturday at the Time attack.

468047_10150603802765036_947656690_o.jpg

458502_10150603803160036_36179565035_9136918_866777858_o.jpg

457685_10150603804240036_36179565035_9136934_423462914_o.jpg

I think the 3rd one is my Fav :D Might have to get a print and hang it up at work to remind me why I go there every day.

Results from the day were, 6th in Drift and 2nd in Time attack (Race Class)

Casualties were, another radiator hose and the loom that goes up in the front guard so now non of my accessories work :( Managed to test the endurance of my car though, lasted a whole Time attack session, like 30 mins easy, water temp didn't get above 90 :) I was doing like 2 hot laps and 4 cool down laps then two hot laps, ect ect.

It was a really special day, I just wish more skylines were there to share the experience :) Next time though! all you assholes have to come play too!

Edited by zoidbergmerc

your front bar nearly lasted the whole day to :whistling: jokes aside you and the car did really well :thumbsup:

Hahah yeah that front bar Copped it hard!

Cheers man :)

Here is a pic of me not going sideways, a rare sight I know.

6992135013_beedb0c992_z.jpg

Edited by zoidbergmerc