SAU Community

Zoid's Gts Build

zoidbergmerc

Run out of nitrous of the 2nd lap??

RB26 cam covers (to be painted blue)

Mines style baffles

and oil restrictors :)

Depends how big of a shot and how often you'r on full throttle... I'd say a 75hp shot would last 15-25 laps at basky.

Who'd you end up getting the baffles from??

How long did it take you to get the indicator shot? Haha

well they don't flash at random so it wasn't very hard :P took me a while to get the exposure right to make it look good though.

Who'd you end up getting the baffles from??

I got the baffles from Boost Automotive, they had the best price and he actually had them in stock! Unlike everywhere else in the world who didn't.

Says captain combustible... I don't think you can claim ease of installation until you've done it without creating a fireball every time you turn a corner :P

HEY! The indicators work FINE!

It's those stupid LED lights that caught fire, so excuse me for thinking that some "heavy duty" LED lights could handle twice the voltage they're supposed to have closedeyes.gif

Lol.

Went to the drags today and got a 13.1 @ 118mph then broke my tail shaft :( It was fun while it lasted.

Videos and pics later :)

Ahh... memories.

It's supprising what times you end up with isn't it? Even the smallest amount of wheelspin or bogging on the line has a huge effect on overall et.

Most people figure.. hmm a 300+ rwkw 1500kg car should be good for 12's out of the box right? Ha ha wrong.

Looks like you had fun till it went boom anyway.

Single piece tailshaft?? Mine was fairly cheap from memory.

Justin.

*snip*

yeah, doing a 12 is a lot harder than it looks! Given a few more runs I think I might have cracked it. Maybe next time.

Getting a good launch, is hard! And nailing every gear change after that is not easy either. You can loose a lot of time just taking 0.01 seconds longer changing into 2nd.

I've pinched the drive shaft of Tim's R33 for now, I might look at a 1 piece later. The bit that broke was the uni joint closet to the gearbox.

snipppy snip-

Yeah, tell me about it! Try running a mid 10 with only 80 more kw and 200kg more weight!!!!

Ahh the 'parts car'

I've never heard of that uni going... maybe have a look at your engine/box alignment??

yeah Chris in the Blue R33 was a really nice bloke, parked next to him in the pits and we spun a few yarns.

Next time I'll be better :) the 2nd run was the most sedate launch in the whole world and knocked a whole second off. First run had a better MPH though...

Oh well.

Time to fix this got damn tail shaft.

A mate of mine in a blue R33 running 215x60x15 (i think) shit tyres with 320ish rwkw managed a 12.4 at just under 120mph

Yeah I've got some vids of that, he beat me twice -_-. Though ^apparantly is ~100kW up on me, so that makes sense :P

&

Also I think I've got another video of Zoids R33 and some pics to post when I get home...

Damn kids, crapping up my thread....

Pretty nice videos though, that camera takes some nice videos :)

I'm so amazingly trolled right now. I took out Tim's tailshaft and went to put it in mine and the f**ker is too long! it's 4cm longer than mine!! WTF?! HOW DOES THIS EVEN HAPPEN?!

So I called up brother Ben at GT and he's going to sort it out for me, maybe one piece. I can't believe how cheap they are!

Siiiiiiiiiiiiiigh, so disapointed. closedeyes.gif

That was me driving in the top video, actually missed 3rd gear in that run so may have been a 12.1-12.2 if i got it right. I usually drive that red dunger R31 that was doing 11's @ 122mph last year.

The R33 went to symmons plains the next day, chris managed a 65 on road tyres for his first time at the track.