SAU Community

Zoid's Gts Build

zoidbergmerc

• 3 weeks later...

yeah that was brutal.

Got a video of it too.

Found a spare though thanks to Mr. Truscott :)

Car was playing up a bit so I spent a lot of time in the pits. Had some problems with boost controll, then after I fixed that the dash was playing up then after that the Diff was peg legging unless I gave it the full beans and a MASSIVE clutch kick. so yeah, pretty average day.

It was the best though when some kids came up and tried to take a picture of them selves with my car in the shot and my mum was like "oh hey boys, why don't you hop in and take a photo!" so they jumped in the driver seat and took some pics; totally made their day!

Edited by zoidbergmerc

It's great to see some young ones appreciate your hard work! Even if they don't understand what it is!!

I had someone ask for a ride at powercruise, first an only person to ask... But it was just after I'd pulled in for a split hose... Felt like a c*nt haha!!

Rekon diff is shagged or needs some new good oil?

yeah that was brutal.

Got a video of it too.

Found a spare though thanks to Mr. Truscott :)

Car was playing up a bit so I spent a lot of time in the pits. Had some problems with boost controll, then after I fixed that the dash was playing up then after that the Diff was peg legging unless I gave it the full beans and a MASSIVE clutch kick. so yeah, pretty average day.

It was the best though when some kids came up and tried to take a picture of them selves with my car in the shot and my mum was like "oh hey boys, why don't you hop in and take a photo!" so they jumped in the driver seat and took some pics; totally made their day!

what sort of boost control are you running? haltec or standalone?

do you have an aftermarket diff or just standard nissan viscus?

Yeah Nismo 2-way.

Haltech does all the boost controlling. I think I've isolated the problem, just need to have a fiddle to see if it fixes it. Just some settings in the ECU need some tweaking I reckon

What oil should I put in my Diff?

im not sure what you should run but you can get nismo lsd oil off just jap.

i have heard people having a lot of trouble with boost control using the haltec and haltec solenoid. but others have non. it can also be caused by the plumbing of the waste gate. i had a heap of problems with mine to start with as i plumbed it the same as on a few different cars i knew and it gave odd problems. had to change it to a somewhat complicated setup and its been sweet ever since.