SAU Community

Autosport Time Attack Round 1

Catford

Brad1.jpg

2011 Time Attack Series major sponsor, Autosport, stamp their domineering intentions late in the chase for a starting grid position in this Sunday's event. The announcement of 2009 Tuner Series Champion, Brad Trenwith, taking the lead steer in his FD3S RX7 for South Australia's premier motorsport accessories outlet has upped the ante for outright.

Brad Trenwith has formed a close working relationship with S2 Performance in the offseason, and together have addressed a lot of the reliability issues the car faced last year. Sonic Performance have helped in turbo selection, Exhaust Technology have the car breathing better and REVS have built a motor to take advantage of all the new additions. With further efforts with S2 Performance, Brad is hoping to continue development of the car and provide some challenge to the AWD cars in the PRO class.

27641367-IMG_6382.jpg

An awesome but very hot day at the track. Was great to get out in the vintage car and cut some more laps - been over 18 months since I went round and round as fast as I can without breaking something. The day was won by Steve Knight in his wicked Evo 6. My wrap up:

Canards and Splitter - win

Downforce - win

Structural integrity of said splitter and canards - FAIL.

Brake water spray - win

Flammable brake ducting - FAIL

It was like I was on fire as the car started to behave itself more, and then it was on FIRE!!! Anyways, it'll be back again, stronger and kickin' it to the front runners. A big thanks to Sponsor Willall racing for helping me out with a far older GTR than they are used to (albeit not RH9), Infinity Signs for at the 11th hour sorting me out with my crazy car design and stickers, and Autosport for the awesome effort with brake pads on Friday and tow equipment required to make the day.

Cheers,

Andrew

• Like 2

Car looked the goods andrew, cant wait to be at the next event (hopefully keeping up with you too). Couldnt help myself, so mum and i came out for a peek this arvo. Still was killing me that i couldnt be out there :(

AutosportTimeAttack.jpg

Autosport Time Attack Round 1 - PROVISIONAL RESULTS

Autosport Time Attack Round 1 Overall Winner

1st Place Outright: STEVE KNIGHT RACETECH Steve Knight - EVO 6 01:12.942

PRO Trophy

1st Place: STEVE KNIGHT RACETECH Steve Knight - EVO 6 01:12.942

2nd Place: AUTOSPORT Brad Trenwith - FD3S RX7 01:13.755

3rd Place: WILLALL RACING Keir Wilson - R35 GTR 01:14.395

OPEN AWD Trophy

1st Place: WILLALL RACING Sebastian Lip - R35 GTR 01:16.218

2nd Place: WILLALL RACING Andrew Bartlett - R32 GTR 01:16.883

OPEN 2WD Trophy

1st Place: Ryan Probert - S14 SILVIA 01:18.034

2nd Place: INFINITY SIGNS Trent Levi - FD3S RX7 01:20.969

CLUB AWD Trophy

1st Place: WILLALL RACING Martin Donnon - MY09 STi 01:18.478

2nd Place: ALL SEASONS AIR CONDITIONING Matt Longhurst - R33 GTR 01:18.725

CLUB 2WD Trophy

1st Place: Tim O'Daly - 911 GT3 01:20.248

2nd Place: Amelia Eime - 911 GT3 01:21.743

Tuner Trophy

1st Place: STEVE KNIGHT RACETECH Steve Knight - EVO 6 01:12.942

2nd Place: AUTOSPORT Brad Trenwith - FD3S RX7 01:13.755

pdf-med.gifAutosport Time Attack Round 1 PROVISIONAL RESULTS - NOW AVAILABLE!

MGEC Committee