SAU Community

Tv Tuners Once Again - The New Asuka

Commsman

Has anyone thought of using one of these to run more than 1 component into this tuner? This way you could run a dvd player, iPhone, reverse camera and fit this unit neatly in the top glove box and switch between them.

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4-Port-RCA-AV-Selector-Audio-Video-Switch-Box-HDTV-906-/170547216551?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item27b56800a7#ht_2155wt_922

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone thought of using one of these to run more than 1 component into this tuner? This way you could run a dvd player, iPhone, reverse camera and fit this unit neatly in the top glove box and switch between them.

http://www.ebay.com....7#ht_2155wt_922

That would work well except it wouldn't automatically switch to the reverse camera if it was on a different input at the time. Otherwise a very cheap way of sharing the input between multiple devices.

A few of us have looked for similar devices previously, but nothing as good as that for so little expense has been spotted before. Nice find. :thumbsup:

Yeah Im thinging of using this to run the iPhone and dvd player under the front passenger seat as its already there. Im grabbing a tv tuner from Brad tomorrow so looking at what else I can use to hook it all up.

What are people using to connect an iPhone? are they using a spec dock or just an Ebay iPhone to RCA with powered wires to charge the phone then run it into the console?

http://www.ebay.com....7#ht_2155wt_922

That does look to be quite good but todate all the ones I have tried have not been that crash hot.

With Leon's Tuner you have 2 input sources (1 x RCA & 1 x USB). You can also rig an additional input directly for the reverse camera to the OEM tuner.

Not sure how many devices you want to run but that would give you, TV tuner, Reverse camera, Iphone plus hard drive with all your movies and music.

Cheers

Andy

Is the USB limited to a certain size hard drive? My JVC double DIN dvd deck can only read from a max of 4gig via usb.

Not 100% sure on that as I don't have this Tuner in my car but an older Asuka one.

Leon, may know the answer to this.

I do know that it has to be a PC formatted hard drive.

I personally don't use my DVD headrests very much at all, just the kids do. When I am in the car I just use the iphone for movies and music.

Cheers

Andy

Not 100% sure on that as I don't have this Tuner in my car but an older Asuka one.

Leon, may know the answer to this.

I do know that it has to be a PC formatted hard drive.

I personally don't use my DVD headrests very much at all, just the kids do. When I am in the car I just use the iphone for movies and music.

Cheers

Andy

How/what are you using to connect the iPhone?

Cheers

Spec doc was stupidly expensive when I looked at it, but it is nice. Just do a google search for Spec Doc, they have photos on their web site.

Fat32 isn't more limiting, as Fat32 limits file size, not sure it limits partition size?

Hi Everyone

Getting back to the original point of this thread, I just picked up another shipment of 20 tuners from the PO.

I will message everyone that has contacted me in the last few weeks & confirm delivery info.

I was told that these ones were a different colour (black, not gold), slightly smaller & included an SD card slot. Well, the manufacturer must have found some more of the original housing because these ones are exactly the same as the last lot.

So, please accept my apologies if you were hanging out for an SD slotted black tuner of more petite proportions.

Cheers, Leon.

What model spec dock is it? I may grab the same. Any pics of it installed?

This is the correct Spec dock for our cars; http://stores.homest...V2AV/Detail.bok

Cost was about $190Us including freight and at the time i bought mine that was around $220 ozzie.

I just enjoy the fact that phone is always charged and music or favorite movie is always at hand.

No gear knob Andy? Did you take the picture before it was put back together or are you going for that "just stolen" look :happy: .

Going for the Fully Sick look... lol

Nah, just had not put it back on yet..