SAU Community

Wakie Track Day Wrap-Up Thread - 5 March 2011

GoldZilla

Wow Kory those Photos look great.

Just a reminder folks, you can still buy the club DVD. The photographers take photos of all the cars so you'll still get pics of your car! PM me if you want in.

Just stick the radical out with Ben in the Nascup and my R100 Sports Sedan. Brother was also considering bringing the PRB down. We can have the track to our self's and get a clear run. Only cars under 800kg can apply LOL

i have a mate who is considering bringing his PBR Clubman (1.9ltr 20v) to the next one two, so the way its going we'll have a group full of them, bring on the radical, i've being waiting to see i of this going.

had a ball all day and can't wait for the next one

F stands for f**ked if I know. I was in that one. I can see Street, Club and Open in the rules: http://www.island.ne...nal%20draft.doc

Congrats on your time today, you were damn quick and I wish I could catch you lol

I'll have to chase up what the go with the F is. It looks like putting the points together is going to be a manual process and I believe we have a spreadsheet with each of the entrants and what class they were in. I'll try to get that sorted out in the next few days.

Maybe someone can help me. I had my car tuned by yavuz, Now on the way to wakie we had a few problems.

1: Car knocked 61 in 5th gear going from 100-120...

2: Car knocked 91 with air con on, going from 100-120 in 5th.

My cars running 10 PSI with standard turbo with a walbro fuel pump stock injectors normal AFM, and the supporting mods.

So i went to the BP filled up 98 like i always do and this time i put a bottle of nulon booster. After this no problems what so ever at wakie i was redlining it and no issues. Any ideas guys? Its got me a little worried it seems when the booster runs out of the system it starts to nock up to 25 sometimes in 2nd 3rd and 4rth should i take it to yavuz again?

Sid :D

I dunno man i dont fill anything other then BP or if i have to always a big name like shell or caltex or mobile, and always 98 never touched 95 :S. Its wierd it did it before yavuz tuned it so its not his tune i know that for sure but still i dont want to have to keep filling bottles or booster every time its out of the system :S.

Sid

So you could take it for a long drive, get the fuel as low as you dare, take it really easy though dont get the rpm high and dont use too much throttle. Best place to do this is to get on the highway and just cruise at 100kmh or so. Go until the light comes on to refill, refill with straight 98 no booster, then see if it does it again.

Try and do it so that you turn around and head home halfway through the tank so you're not ages away from home by the time its done. Not sure if that makes sense how i worded it

Best thing would be to speak to the tuner again, a touch up will probably be enough. If there is a small issue most decent tuners would like the chance to fix it up.

Maybe someone can help me. I had my car tuned by yavuz, Now on the way to wakie we had a few problems.

1: Car knocked 61 in 5th gear going from 100-120...

2: Car knocked 91 with air con on, going from 100-120 in 5th.

My cars running 10 PSI with standard turbo with a walbro fuel pump stock injectors normal AFM, and the supporting mods.

So i went to the BP filled up 98 like i always do and this time i put a bottle of nulon booster. After this no problems what so ever at wakie i was redlining it and no issues. Any ideas guys? Its got me a little worried it seems when the booster runs out of the system it starts to nock up to 25 sometimes in 2nd 3rd and 4rth should i take it to yavuz again?

Sid :D

my vote goes to bad batch of fuel, im guessing your using a PFC?

hense the reason you no the knock number. You should have told Jez his car was parked next to ya in the pits, he had all his tuning gear with him, could have jumped in on of the passenger laps with you and takin some timing out of the knocky spots.

Deano : D

DAM!! i didnt know that LOL... the problem is when the Octaine Booster is inside its perfect. When it isnt god it hates me it will stay pretty low most of the time 25 or so but once your in 5th gear itll hate you lol. Ive been reading some disturbing stuff about knock being signs of dead engines? :S:S... Yavuz said its a clean good engine so thats the only thing keeping me sane atm..

Sid

Here's a few photos from the day that i got. If you bought the DVD i'm sure you'll be happy!

5502413072_859afbc78d_b.jpg

5501821739_8fd55a9ee0_b.jpg

5501821481_2da56de5b8_b.jpg

5501820813_67f8348192_b.jpg

love your work Kory, the action shots are awsome, i might have to actually buy the dvd

its to bad that renew had to use a piston engine to take the win :whistling:

i might have to actually buy the dvd

its to bad that renew had to use a piston engine to take the win :whistling:

Buy it, it's always worth it.

IMHO they did not win, apart from the obvious, a rotary was not placed first, and I have no idea about the final official point standing. However during interclub competitions (at the club level, ie SAU or RENEWE only) a scoring method similar to below is often used.

Based on the best times of everybody, last place gets 1 point, 2nd last gets 2 points, 3rd last gets 3 points etc.

RENEW = 390 points

SAUNSW = 645 points

I'm a management accountant, just tell me what you want the numbers to say and I'll make them say it :P

Duncan - where you in HGE GTR?

thats a PB yeah!?

yeah mate, it was and by a long way, about 1 sec :D I guess the new track is quicker and those tyres are great.

DAM!! i didnt know that LOL... the problem is when the Octaine Booster is inside its perfect. When it isnt god it hates me it will stay pretty low most of the time 25 or so but once your in 5th gear itll hate you lol. Ive been reading some disturbing stuff about knock being signs of dead engines? :S:S... Yavuz said its a clean good engine so thats the only thing keeping me sane atm..

Sid

sid....put your bloody name in your profile or I will call you speedwhore for ever!

Almost certainly just a bad batch of fuel, even so I would get yavuz to take a little timing out of the midrange for safety. Octane booster does very little....each bottle is 0.1 of an octane rating, so 1 bottle in a tank of 98 only gives you 98.1.....

Buy it, it's always worth it.

IMHO they did not win, apart from the obvious, a rotary was not placed first, and I have no idea about the final official point standing. However during interclub competitions (at the club level, ie SAU or RENEWE only) a scoring method similar to below is often used.

Based on the best times of everybody, last place gets 1 point, 2nd last gets 2 points, 3rd last gets 3 points etc.

RENEW = 390 points

SAUNSW = 645 points

I'm a management accountant, just tell me what you want the numbers to say and I'll make them say it :P

The numbers arent quite like that but I'm sure SAU took club bragging rights for the day. The turnout of skylines was stronger than the rotor turn out and we gave a few extra spots to SAU. I think next time will have a better balance though.

edit: when i get the figures i'll try to put together and overall point score for each club and one with just skylines and rotors just for interests sake.

Edited by gregor