SAU Community

Project Gtrb28 - Powertune Australia Built.

• Replies 296
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just incase you guys wanted to know how fuel efficient a 600kw gtr is on the street. i did a simple test. fueled it up then cruised it around town till it was nearly empty. i think i could of reach 190km's if i waited for the fuel light to come on.

=)

image0142.jpg

image0143o.jpg

shit and i thort mine was bad for getting 250 kms.

i think i should stop complaining now lol

its about 25litres per 100km's so its quite good. a mercedes ml63 or bmw x6 tt is the same.

Makes a strong argument for running a water/meth injection setup and normal bp98. Though for a 600kw toy fuel economy doesnt really enter into it. I know someone that uses mixed BP98/Martini race fuel mix in his 600kw street car. You can't put a price tag on fun if you have a surplus income.

Some parts arrived yesterday. =)

Chrome door handles

image0162y.jpg

Before...

image0164x.jpg

After...

image0165t.jpg

Nismo rear spoiler flap

image0156.jpg

Nismo socks

image0158n.jpg

Nismo spoiler fitted

image0159a.jpg

Tein Bonnet damper

image0157h.jpg

Tein bonnet dampers fitted

image0168f.jpg

Some parts arrived yesterday. =)

Chrome door handles

image0162y.jpg

Before...

image0164x.jpg

After...

image0165t.jpg

Nismo rear spoiler flap

image0156.jpg

Nismo socks

image0158n.jpg

Nismo spoiler fitted

image0159a.jpg

Tein Bonnet damper

image0157h.jpg

Tein bonnet dampers fitted

image0168f.jpg

Is that VHT wrinkle paint i see? Amazing car BTW

Small update : Powertune re-tuned the car yesterday. It started at 602kw then kept floating around 630kw except the car felt like it kept making more than what it was showing on the dyno, so the only other option was to take it for a power run down at JEM. Adam and the Powertune boys got the car strapped down on JEM's Mainline dyno and gave it 2 runs that showed 703kw both times.

I will run the car down the track again soon.

=)

image0180m.jpg

Just incase you guys wanted to know how fuel efficient a 600kw gtr is on the street. i did a simple test. fueled it up then cruised it around town till it was nearly empty. i think i could of reach 190km's if i waited for the fuel light to come on.

=)

image0142.jpg

image0143o.jpg

As you said you cruised it, and it's a turbo car, you really should be able to get better then standard fuel economy. While cruising it, you're making the motor make the same power as a stocker cruised... This should use the same fuel as a stocker. I'd be having serious talks with the tuner. If you cruise it too much I see washed bores occurring...

As you said you cruised it, and it's a turbo car, you really should be able to get better then standard fuel economy. While cruising it, you're making the motor make the same power as a stocker cruised... This should use the same fuel as a stocker. I'd be having serious talks with the tuner. If you cruise it too much I see washed bores occurring...

errr.... the word cruising in my terms is cracking gate a more than a few times hitting 9000rpm.

great result on the retune!!!!!!!!!!

you going to go for 1000hp??

hahaha your definition of cruising is brilliant as if you wouldnt crack gate!!! pffft staying off boost thats only for when you are stopped

great result on the retune!!!!!!!!!!

you going to go for 1000hp??

hahaha your definition of cruising is brilliant as if you wouldnt crack gate!!! pffft staying off boost thats only for when you are stopped

the car is still in the early development stages so yes it will eventually be wound up again.

lol

=)

errr.... the word cruising in my terms is cracking gate a more than a few times hitting 9000rpm.

That's not cruising around town.

Cruising around town would be sedate driving not unleashing 600kw on.