SAU Community

Western Stagea`s

chuckie

• Replies 482
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

what's happening with these nistune boards???

as PER GROUP BUY .

all broads were ordered,

& if you ordered one contact Bubba.

Jim Few pic`s of shocks the GTR ones are some 35 mm shorter then stock.

post-36964-0-70290800-1310266408_thumb.jpgpost-36964-0-85305300-1310266847_thumb.jpg

Heya Stagea crew,

Caught up with some stagea peeps at Rising Sunday which was cool,

well done to all attendees, your cars looked great. Dan's is off chops.

Jim, have finally finished the coilover upgrade..boyee getting the parts to work was a headache.

I went for the 33Gtr fronts with 10kg springs. Koni damper/height adjustable....but any brand will do.

S14 rears with some C34 Apex hats and 8kg springs, but you can use the stock hats. just check the spring width. Tein HE's [same as my 180]

I had probs with the HE's spring widths so went the Apex hats instead of stock.

SOLID as a rock, just need to do the swaybars to help it push a bit less. Took it out in the wet after install for some doriftu! lol yes.....I'm happy now.

I'll post some pics when I'm done lowering it.....might need some camber & toe arms, pending on how low we go. Lookout cats-eyes...my muffler is on the hunt.

Anyone got a link to the core plug upgrade thing ye speak of?

all the best. :)

what's happening with these nistune boards???

What do you mean? I have a bunch of uncollected boards at home....

had my mate look at my ECU and he couldnt get two of the holes clear with out drilling them

has anyone had to drill theres at all?

Nope, should line up fine with all 4 holes, you do need to bend a few components on the main board out of the way though.

Anyone got a link to the core plug upgrade thing ye speak of?

There is no link, it's something I had done at a gearbox workshop because he couldn't do me a full proper shift kit.

Big Jim is the man though, he's done his and I'm sure if you asked him nicely he might help you ;)

Yours is a series 1 though Mitch, different to ours (yours is essentially the same as an R33 GTSt auto box) and more support.

aye mitch, was good to catch up. jeff's 3.1 stroker stagea was awesome!! :worship:

yes mate, twas great to have a chat or three. jash's was so stylish.......loved it. :)

There is no link, it's something I had done at a gearbox workshop because he couldn't do me a full proper shift kit.

Big Jim is the man though, he's done his and I'm sure if you asked him nicely he might help you ;)

Yours is a series 1 though Mitch, different to ours (yours is essentially the same as an R33 GTSt auto box) and more support.

thanks bubba, bummer....sounds like a clever mod though. :)

mitch if you want to nistune, you will have to use a piggy back Z32 board iirc. some stags have slightly differing batch number computers, which can be a prob.

IMO go MV automatics shift kit. S1 boxs are one of the strongest. btw the professors look mint, you' ll need camber arms def though to achieve the tougher stance and save inner tyre wear when factoring in the wider rear track. :thumbsup:

R33 sway bars need to be slightly modded to fit, but is one of the best mods (preferably with sydneykids setup), dunno about this mix and match gtr stuff being recommended but few have done it, chuckies seems ok. I prefer stiffer spring rates and braces, body roll is shite in a wagon. choosing from the tein and whiteline catalogue will save all the headache. :whistling:

Edited by dirtyRS4

my mate couldnt suck two of the hole clear due to some sort of protection resine on the board

he didnt want to drill it because its a mulit layer board and he didnt want to damage it

But it may be the only way

mitch if you want to nistune, you will have to use a piggy back Z32 board iirc. some stags have slightly differing batch number computers, which can be a prob.

IMO go MV automatics shift kit. S1 boxs are one of the strongest. btw the professors look mint, you' ll need camber arms def though to achieve the tougher stance and save inner tyre wear when factoring in the wider rear track. :thumbsup:

R33 sway bars need to be slightly modded to fit, but is one of the best mods (preferably with sydneykids setup), dunno about this mix and match gtr stuff being recommended but few have done it, chuckies seems ok. I prefer stiffer spring rates and braces, body roll is shite in a wagon. choosing from the tein and whiteline catalogue will save all the headache. :whistling:

Not piggybacked, just a whole NIStuned Z32 ECU. Series 1 stags are like R33 GTSt's when it comes to NIStune. Gearboxes are also R33GTSt ilk.

As for suspension, I'm not that knowledgable with Stageas.. mine came with Teins but I did fit an R33GTR front swaybar (got a rear to go on when I found some D bushes, link angle is a tad extreme on autos due to the wider cradle, at least with series 2 that is). I also fitted R33GTSt adj. rear upper arms and I know front driveshafts are all the same across all the 4WD Skylines and Stageas.

my mate couldnt suck two of the hole clear due to some sort of protection resine on the board

he didnt want to drill it because its a mulit layer board and he didnt want to damage it

But it may be the only way

Needs a better solder-sucker then... some can be a bitch but you have to persevere. My mate sometimes puts extra solder on troublesome holes to aid with getting rid of the old solder.

Just have to watch how much heat you put into the board!

P.S. scored a manual rear cradle... mmm gtr axles :D

yar, i hear ya....thanks for the compliment. :) nistune would be nice, but feeling the $$ pinch right now.

fortunately the coilovers were a necessity, so they got by the money witch. muhahah

looking at the size of the toe rods, i reckon i could smash some s13/r32 ones in there,

haven't had a chance to get a look in on the arms though, it's on my list!

the power steering has seemed to go kerplonk, not 'sensing' speed correctly so

that's going to have to be the next thingo on the payroll.

cheers for the input fellers.

if we do have another big meet like RS, i reckon we should have a stagea installation "bowling green".

i have some tweed golfing pants somewhere round here......

Heya Stagea crew,

Caught up with some stagea peeps at Rising Sunday which was cool,

well done to all attendees, your cars looked great. Dan's is off chops.

aye mitch, was good to catch up. jeff's 3.1 stroker stagea was awesome!! :worship:

mine wasnt at rising sunday@and yeah jash's they built that over the christmas break so marc and the boys went from that pretty much straight into building mine good to see other putting a lot of work into there stags aswell. any chance we can get together before 1st of august as mine goes into the paint shop then so will be off the road and in shops til end of october. man i swear my car as spent as much time in shops as it has on the road lol