SAU Community

Handbrake's R35 Build Part 2

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say thanks to Mark and the Mercury Motorsports team for a good few days in Sydney, was great to see the car out there and running very respectable times given the small amount of testing that we had (two days!!!). For those of you who couldn't make it out to EC, I have attached an image of the car in its full livery. The car looked really good and had a huge amount of attention during the whole event. So thanks to the guys at Mercury for engineering a great car and thanks to Mark for making this all happen and coordinating everything so that it came together so well in such a short amount of time!

Thanks again,

Scott

post-86806-0-74287800-1312774210_thumb.jpg

Echoing everyone's congrats for a job well done guys! Superb effort for a first time out and a crew essentially "new" to this form of racing. Not too shabby either Mark, only a second or so off the Great Man's pace! :)

Nice to speak with you (albeit breifly) very late saturday night too crew :)

Here's my favourite pic that I took of your car..... kind of sums up the "team" aspect of WTAC, it's the part of it that I enjoy the most.

post-7861-0-94571400-1312774513_thumb.jpg

actually my time was 1:36.4 but the transmission had some shifting issues (which Tarzan had in his hotlap as well) as we could not get a relearn on the box after we changed it and the accel pedal was broken (I could only get 80% thottle, will post up the vbox video for the lap)

we were also only running our low boost run in tune for various reasons

anyway thats all the excuses I can come up with for now ....

either way we have plenty of time left in the car

a little bird told me that the gt auto garage/goldray energy r35 GTR is the fastest R35 GTR in AUSTRALIA

AND?

Those guys did a Great job too, and much praise has been heaped upon them as well ;)

yeah it was a big effort from the GT auto crew and congrats to them.

they had more than their fair share of dramas over the weekend just like the rest of us but the team continued to battle hard and put in a bilsteringly fast lap on Saturday.

yes true that great effort too you mark, too get your car going again after gearbox issues big thumbs up and hope you keep pushing this car too make it faster, ps power level will be crazy with tuning and development :)

After following this thread for a while now it was amazing to finally see this in the flesh being competitive.

Here's one of the shots I got while it was on track!

346p.jpg

Good work guys, keep at it. ;)

actually my time was 1:36.4 but the transmission had some shifting issues (which Tarzan had in his hotlap as well) as we could not get a relearn on the box after we changed it and the accel pedal was broken (I could only get 80% thottle, will post up the vbox video for the lap)

we were also only running our low boost run in tune for various reasons

anyway thats all the excuses I can come up with for now ....

either way we have plenty of time left in the car

Wow!! That's insane mark!!

80% throttle and low boost run in tune did 1:33xx

Would be crazy once up the boost/race tune/100% throttle

Must run faster than cyber evo

Is that what you mean?

That is crazy. Would be good to see Aussie team run faster than Jap team

Good work guys

Edited by 33apx

Wow!! That's insane mark!!

80% throttle and low boost run in tune did 1:33xx

Would be crazy once up the boost/race tune/100% throttle

Must run faster than cyber evo

Is that what you mean?

That is crazy. Would be good to see Aussie team run faster than Jap team

Good work guys

actually tarzan broke the throttle pedal on the friday session so it only affected my times. reviewed the data last night and in some corner exits I had only 50% throttle especially turns 3-8. Poor John copped it when I came back into the pits asking where all my power was, with the throttle pedal being loose it felt like bad ass turbo lag. I was a little sheepish when we sat down and worked out what it was.

by the time we got Tarzan back in the car on Saturday we had nicked Just japs throtte pedal so Tarzan had full use of the throttle for his 33.5 run but as said on the low boost tune.

next year we will run a 'Maximum attack' tune in one of the sessions for sure (I laugh everytime I hear that, one of the many great phrases we picked up from from Tarzan and the Cyber team)