SAU Community

Handbrake's R35 Build Part 2

Hi Mark,

Good to meet you tonight.

Track was very fast, and all round a great event with new records being set.

Well done on your results this year.

Hope to see you and your team next year, because it's teams and cars like yours that make the event so special.

Brian

• Replies 743
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some say that men don't multiple orgasm... All I know is, I just did.

I'm one of the guys who doesnt know a whole lot about cars but loves them none the less and enjoys them as much as anyone. What an incredible thread to read. Congrats to u and everyone who has put work into this car. Really has blown me away the amount of parts effort and time this thing has seen.

Congratulations to the entire Mercury Motorsports Team on an awesome debute of the car :)

As me and my road tripping buddies stubbled into Maccas eary friday morning to be greeted by (the entire?) Team MM happily devouring their food ready for the day ahead, 2nd wind (or as I heard multiple times from Sydney peoples, petrol boner, strange lot these Sydney kids) kicked in knowing that thursday obviously went well for the team.

Was great seeing how much interest you guys were generating no matter where within the complex the car was, especially when there were so many interesting other cars to look at. The distinct sound & somewhat more reserved presence of the 35s compared to the majority of the Pro class made them a nice change to it's contemporaries.

Glad you guys achieved your goals of a sub 1:35 laptime and hopefully Mark you can encourage more of your colleages/competitors to get into motor racing; Team QML/Sonic/Healthscope/Dorevitch/etc; none are exactly short of cash and could do with extra exposure ;)

wow, what a weekend.

just got back home after trailering the car back to brisbane

had a fantastic time, great to meet so many of you!

special thanks to all the mercury boys who put in some big hours on the car over the last few days

wow, what a weekend.

just got back home after trailering the car back to brisbane

had a fantastic time, great to meet so many of you!

special thanks to all the mercury boys who put in some big hours on the car over the last few days

Nice work guys, Mark and Mercury. I hope you come back to EC soon Great times thus far and obviously more to come. These built R35's where a huge attraction over the weekend.

All I have to say is it would be an absolute travesty if that car did not see Phillip Island very soon (please let me know when [not if :P] it's going to happen).

An amazing car and amazing job by all involved.

Also, as a bike person I cannot let it slide, in relation to SBK times vs car, you cannot compare. Bikes might have better than 1:1 ptw ratio but it also has all that power going through a contact patch the size of a credit card!

Dont sell yourself short Mark. To get within a second of one of the worlds best time attack drivers with your limited track time was one of the most amazing feats of the weekend. It augers well for both you and the car. :thumbsup:

All I have to say is it would be an absolute travesty if that car did not see Phillip Island very soon (please let me know when [not if :P] it's going to happen).

An amazing car and amazing job by all involved.

Also, as a bike person I cannot let it slide, in relation to SBK times vs car, you cannot compare. Bikes might have better than 1:1 ptw ratio but it also has all that power going through a contact patch the size of a credit card!

true - bike wins hands down power to weight but doesnt have the same contact patch & thus cornering ability.

really makes this gtr shine!!!

They did a comparison between the best sports sedans, the best bikes and the best time attack cars and there was less than a second between them at the creek.

WOW! all of a sudden I dont miss my bikes as much

well done Mark and MM and all your guys. great job getting the car there and nice to talk with you for a bit in the evening Mark even though we shared a pit garage for 3 days! lol. The car really performed and you took it home in 1 piece. can't ask for more than that.