SAU Community

Modern Skyline Gear Knobs?

PM-R33

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I checked mine and it is definetely an M10.

So I suppose it is either finding out if they can do something in a M10, or using some sort of adaptor to use a M12 knob.

So I looked up threaded sleeves for like half an hour and it seems the smallest difference they come in is 4mm. Which makes sense, 2mm is not much room to work with.

Anyway, I sent an email to the company in Germany to see if they could make them in 10mm if we did a group buy. At the end of the day I don't see why it would be a problem for them to make them in 10mm, so we will see what they say.

Will let you guys know.

Also I found out a few of the Nismo gear knobs actually have a 12mm and 10mm hole in them so they fit both shafts, perhaps this was the confusion with some people mentioning a 12mm shaft in a R33.

would they still be able to have the LED light up shift pattern on top, it seems like they would have to change the entire shaft to have that feature?

I wouldn't mind one if it was made in black aluminium, like my Nismo one :D

And as for you Phil... I have a stock gear knob for sale for $30 if you are interested, not in the best condition, but have a better one in better condition for $60 :P

charles..do you know if the standard 34 gtt threads are m10 or m12.. i STILL dont have my car back so cant check it... cheers

charles..do you know if the standard 34 gtt threads are m10 or m12.. i STILL dont have my car back so cant check it... cheers

I'm pretty sure the R33 and R34 have the same thread, so I'd say M10.

Hey stupid question but how easy is it going to be to to wire up the led's in the gear knob. Is ther already a power supply near there or can you piggy back onto say the cig lighter or something?

I'm pretty sure the R33 and R34 have the same thread, so I'd say M10.

Yes from everything I have seen the 5 speed has a M10 thread and the getrag is a M12.

Hey stupid question but how easy is it going to be to to wire up the led's in the gear knob. Is ther already a power supply near there or can you piggy back onto say the cig lighter or something?

Should be very easy. Basically just an earth and power. The power supply can be used as an ignition so it lights up all the time or off of the headlights. I'm going to do it off of the headlights.

tumblr_l8o5m1F8l51qanmgpo1_500.jpg

ninja.gif

Bahahahahahah that's insane.

I understand Phil, that most gear knobs won't suit the R34 GT-R setup where one needs to lift the collar to access "R".

Any word on these?

So I had a bit of a look into this for you Terry. Am I correct in stating that you should be able to use any gearknob because the actual "lift up collar" for reverse is independent of the gear knob itself? The only difference between our ones and yours is that yours is an M12 instead of the M10 thread (lucky bastard!).

Bahahahahahah that's insane.

:laugh:

Get a Nismo Duracon Gear Knob.

nismo_resin_shiftknobeb.jpg

dsc07155yc1.jpg

It's a hard plastic so won't wear out so easily.

+ I am thinking about one of these for my car, as I don't want to wear out the stock one I have.

You can get a Aluminium one...

409--32865-RN005.jpg

But they can get hot in the summer if the sun shines down on it.

Yeah I don't mind those Duracon Nismo ones.

Either way we shall see what this supplier says and if we can get them in a M10 i'll definetely put up a group buy, or just buy one myself.

Yeah I don't mind those Duracon Nismo ones.

Either way we shall see what this supplier says and if we can get them in a M10 i'll definetely put up a group buy, or just buy one myself.

They come in 10mm / 12mm.

32865-RN006 = Looks like the part number for White.

32865-RN007 = Looks like the part number for Black.

Suites Nissan 5 / 6 Speeds.

- http://www.visionr.c...=detail&cid=409

Hahahhahahahaha shhhhhh let's not go there :P

Also you homo, can you confirm about the reverse lift up thing in your 6 speed, it isn't actually part of the gear knob hey, it's underneath and therfore you can run whatever gear knob you want on it?