SAU Community

Will My Sard 700Cc Injectors Support 400Awkw?

From my experience you will need to run bigger injectors then 700's to make 400kw+. When I was making 374 RWKW I ran 700cc Sards with a duty cycle of up to about 96. At the advice of my tuner (a reputable one)I upgraded to Sard 800's to allow for more headroom. This allowed me to run a bit more boost and make 390 RWKW. Now the dc gets to about 85. This is with a -5 2.7 setup. I wonder why the difference between my experience and some others in this thread? Is it just a difference in dyno readings? I know of others with similar results to mine.

Tim.

i know that extra capacity chews up DC due to the additional torque & your setup is a 2.7ltr as well

my old 3ltr had 1600's & dc was above 60% & that was making 405awkw

From my experience you will need to run bigger injectors then 700's to make 400kw+. When I was making 374 RWKW I ran 700cc Sards with a duty cycle of up to about 96. At the advice of my tuner (a reputable one)I upgraded to Sard 800's to allow for more headroom. This allowed me to run a bit more boost and make 390 RWKW. Now the dc gets to about 85. This is with a -5 2.7 setup. I wonder why the difference between my experience and some others in this thread? Is it just a difference in dyno readings? I know of others with similar results to mine.

Tim.

Wow now that is a very different results indeed mate.

I don't think an extra 50cc is going to make a 30% duty difference from a 2.65 to a 2.7

3ltr would of course but very interesting indeed.

As i said earlier best i can get under full load in 4th is 64%

Suck it an see Marko!!

Wow now that is a very different results indeed mate.

I don't think an extra 50cc is going to make a 30% duty difference from a 2.65 to a 2.7

3ltr would of course but very interesting indeed.

As i said earlier best i can get under full load in 4th is 64%

Suck it an see Marko!!

Really need to know where the power is made. If he makes 400kw at 9000 rpm his going need more injector than a car that makes 400kw at 7000 and falls away to 380 by 8000...

Is that pull done in 3rd gear? What is your rev limit set to? Afrs look good no unnessarry fuel used there.. I'm on sard 800's aswell made 450awkw rev limit 8600 power just starting to nose over at 8.4 on 98/toluene mix. My Afrs are a bit rich at 11.0 though. Engine efficiency would play role aswell..

Is that pull done in 3rd gear? What is your rev limit set to? Afrs look good no unnessarry fuel used there.. I'm on sard 800's aswell made 450awkw rev limit 8600 power just starting to nose over at 8.4 on 98/toluene mix. My Afrs are a bit rich at 11.0 though. Engine efficiency would play role aswell..

Dyno pull done in 4th. Rev limit set at 8300. Very rarely need to rev over 6500 though to drive it quickly.

I dont have another picture of the graph just now but you can just see that the afr settles dead on 12.

Tim.

• 2 weeks later...

My 32 GTR with STD capacity, single 044 pump and 700cc with factory base fuel rail pressure makes 430rwkw duty cycle in the mid 80's. AFR is solid at 12:1

Andrew

• 3 years later...

Have to find out what is in it before I get worried about it, it had a lot of mods before I bought it and ready for some high HP if the previous owner wanted to turn up the wick.

I am sure the builder will not have their results suffer because of the wrong injectors after doing this type of build, would not look good :/