SAU Community

Will My Sard 700Cc Injectors Support 400Awkw?

2000 cc injectors are way overkill.

Let your tuner decide what it needs. They know what they are doing.

Not sure what Marko needs but I am taking this advice and will see what Jim feels he needs to make it work in together. It seems it might be a bit easier for the injectors to work better on the dyno then under more stress on the road maybe??

I'd also rely on the tuner...which Jim is tuning it and what power level are u aiming for?

From memory I think my tuner only hit 65% duty cycle which was impressive

Edited by Marko R1

CRD, we have only spoken about 400awkw ish on pump, E85 ? having the Haltech Flex Fuel Sensor installed just in case I ever get a chance to use it. To be honest I would not be using the E85 for the extra GO, but it seems a good all round fuel for the engine..

Haha , I do not even know what a duty cycle is, I will go and look it up but I would guess it means they are not pushed to the limit :)

just had a look and my guess was right but terminology was a little rocky :)

Seems that it is not a good idea to exceed 80% to 85% duty cycle and if you are at 100% there is no injector control as it is open 100% of the time

Paul, get back to work :)

The world of modifying cars is certainly much different than I expected, I saw alcohol abusing, cigarette puffing, drug taking, tattooed , mullet cut yobbos and thats why I joined but now I am consorting with a bunch of fairy blokes that use their big head, gotta get out of here :/

Off topic

Does it make it over kill to have injectors at , say 55% cycle. Just thinking that you never know what you will do in the future. Does it cause a problem, rough idle or anything like that ??

Edited by TT350GT

With the old wrecks of injectors (Sards, Rochester, whatever else) that was an issue. Today with the ID/Bosch 14V's for example, it's not really an issue.

Look at that. ID 2000's on a pissy 1.8 NA.

Did they install these to prove a point?

Yes. The point being that there isnt any downside to using the larger ID injectors.

Aftermarket Industries stock a new 1650cc bosch injector that is worth a look too. Direct plug-in connector compatability with the RB26 loom, so no cut/solder job.

http://www.aftermarketindustries.com.au/injectors-c49/bosch-1650-p206/

Well I am sceptical of larger than necessary injectors. Being able to control it is one thing, but what about the fuel mixing thoroughly with the incoming air?

What ecu is used in the video? I'm sure bit all ecu's would be able to control such low opening times.

For sure allow some head room, but be realistic about the flow you really need.

At a stoichiometric idle? Which the video wasn't. ...

Going off my wideband they were fine (which I'm sure Brett is referring to in his post). The old wreck Sard 800's were 10 times more grumpy than the ID2000's are.
  • Like 1