SAU Community

Sponsor Wanted

R32 Stuart

Have your companies name on a well televised national series, new car to Australia, without doubt about to dominate in 2012, this series and class.

Minimum 2 year sponsorship deal (full car) competing at State, National levels.

100K minimum pa

Contact

Stuart Inwood

02 6337 2545

[email protected]

Have your companies name on a well televised national series, new car to Australia, without doubt about to dominate in 2012, this series and class.

Minimum 2 year sponsorship deal (full car) competing at State, National levels.

100K minimum pa

Contact

Stuart Inwood

02 6337 2545

[email protected]

Holy crap there's a blast from the past.

I think I sold you a Datto 1600 rally car (the dark blue one) back in 1999 or something. I saw your name all over the pointy end of the AMSAG results tables in that car, so you seemed to have a lot more success in it than I ever did. Obviously moved onto bigger and better things since then?

Holy crap there's a blast from the past.

I think I sold you a Datto 1600 rally car (the dark blue one) back in 1999 or something. I saw your name all over the pointy end of the AMSAG results tables in that car, so you seemed to have a lot more success in it than I ever did. Obviously moved onto bigger and better things since then?

Had a ball in the Datto 1600, was a bit dissapointed with the next owner - he killed the poor old girl - several times. I fought for years for the yellow one - but the ex sold it for scrap metal. So someone, ended up with a fully ported re-co'd head, 4 cam shafts and a brand new reco 45mm webbers and manifold.

The old girl was a bit different, to previous sports sedans and speedway, but was wrapped - beat little brother at his own game - you know he told me at the time I was to old and thanks to your Datto - I showed him!!

So what are you up to these days?

Cheers

So Stu, you going to inform us of the new car or cars?

sounds like its going to be good year for you in 2012!!

Hi Chris

Ummmmmm - NO.

Will do as soon as things get a bit closer to finalising -- !! hoping for a great 2012.

The good old AU joined the 60 second club today at Wakefield - cool track, 3 race old tyres - not bad for an old taxi - 1.00.95

Yeay me and Henry / etta

Cheers

Had a ball in the Datto 1600, was a bit dissapointed with the next owner - he killed the poor old girl - several times. I fought for years for the yellow one - but the ex sold it for scrap metal. So someone, ended up with a fully ported re-co'd head, 4 cam shafts and a brand new reco 45mm webbers and manifold.

The old girl was a bit different, to previous sports sedans and speedway, but was wrapped - beat little brother at his own game - you know he told me at the time I was to old and thanks to your Datto - I showed him!!

So what are you up to these days?

Cheers

Scrap metal? I could almost cry. That was my first 1600 and I drove half way around Australia in it.

I'm still dabbling with rally cars - have an ex-ARC Honda Civic at present, and am looking very closely at an EVO rally car (although after going for a run in it yesterday, I have to admit that I'm scared of it)

not even a hint Stu?? :D

hint on series?

woo hoo good work on the 60sec club mate !!!

Here is a hint and take note - no wonder the US dollar is crap at the moment - they can't even put a steering wheel on the right side of the car. LOL

Scrap metal? I could almost cry. That was my first 1600 and I drove half way around Australia in it.

I'm still dabbling with rally cars - have an ex-ARC Honda Civic at present, and am looking very closely at an EVO rally car (although after going for a run in it yesterday, I have to admit that I'm scared of it)

If it scares you - its gotta be a good buy - enjoy - keep in touch

Here is a hint and take note - no wonder the US dollar is crap at the moment - they can't even put a steering wheel on the right side of the car. LOL

Got that right about cheap cars that are LHD i was looking at this and thinking if i sold the R100 maybe...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Dodge-Viper-GT1-Race-car-only-18-500-miles-/330560789475?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cf6f55be3

Only $32,500 then shipping on top.

post-36356-0-24080600-1304860717_thumb.jpg

If it scares you - its gotta be a good buy - enjoy - keep in touch

Yeh that's exactly what I was thinking. It wasn't the wild ride through twisty tarmac forest roads that scared me (I was actually crouched down in the nav seat giggling like a maniac). It was the thought of myself driving the car anywhere near as hard as that that really made me worry. It seemed to wind out to the limiter in fifth even on the shortest straights, then braking for the next corner was mind blowing. This was on worn out gravel tyres, too.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Your new toy looks and sounds like it'll be a hoot as well.

Yeh that's exactly what I was thinking. It wasn't the wild ride through twisty tarmac forest roads that scared me (I was actually crouched down in the nav seat giggling like a maniac). It was the thought of myself driving the car anywhere near as hard as that that really made me worry. It seemed to wind out to the limiter in fifth even on the shortest straights, then braking for the next corner was mind blowing. This was on worn out gravel tyres, too.

I'm getting excited just thinking about it.

Your new toy looks and sounds like it'll be a hoot as well.

You will love the evo, just not the repair bills when things go wrong!

What ever it is, It must have an Angry engine in it, Looks like 2x MSD 6AL boxes on the right, + some other expensive looking red box.

Got that right about cheap cars that are LHD i was looking at this and thinking if i sold the R100 maybe...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1997-Dodge-Viper-GT1-Race-car-only-18-500-miles-/330560789475?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&hash=item4cf6f55be3

Only $32,500 then shipping on top.

so cool. they are a lot of race car for that money. I'm a bit surprised that it seems to have an H pattern box in it. I would have thought it would have a seqential. also the 'look through corners' sticker on the wheel tells me it may have been a drive day car or with a pretty amateur driver. that is track day lesson 1, day 1. still it's a shitload of car for a pocket full of cash. I say do it! it's worth it for the sound alone...

so cool. they are a lot of race car for that money. I'm a bit surprised that it seems to have an H pattern box in it. I would have thought it would have a seqential. also the 'look through corners' sticker on the wheel tells me it may have been a drive day car or with a pretty amateur driver. that is track day lesson 1, day 1. still it's a shitload of car for a pocket full of cash. I say do it! it's worth it for the sound alone...

Well if someone wanted to pay $32,500 for my R100 Historic Sports Sedan I’m sure I would upgrade to this Viper very quickly think i would part with our GTR as well then.

I also had to look twice at that sticker on the steering wheel. Its funny there’s one very quick car doing 1.38 at the creek in the CAMS Supersprints that has a small map of the race track on his steering wheel LOL.