SAU Community

M35 Throttle Restriction Removal, Maybe

Commsman

yeah mine too, im talking from a standing start. hold the foot brake on (not the parking brake) and floor the throttle, mine will start spinning about 3 seconds later. as soon as i let off the brake, the fronts grab and the occupants of my car get whiplash lol

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get it though...I've dropped it down to 2nd gear when i'm at say 60 and planted my foot. Can't get the tyres to chirp. Car just takes off like a rocket...

Probably because your stall converter flares like mine till about 3,400rpm therefore your have more of a slingshot rather than a chirp....unless of cause you have locked it.

I don't get it though...I've dropped it down to 2nd gear when i'm at say 60 and planted my foot. Can't get the tyres to chirp. Car just takes off like a rocket...

i think the quality of your tyres are actually 'too good' to do it..

that and i have a shit suspension set up.

i reckon it will go away with the 19" and BC's(when I get around to owning them)

and yeh, i have a torque converter lock up clutch locked on mine...

with harder suspension youll find that you can bag up faster. actually with harder suspension and swaybars youll get sideways easier too!

not if you learn to drive properly. you cant expect it to not spin if you floor it coming out of a corner. you need to learn how the car handles again once you mod the suspension.

With regard to what Iain is saying, I'm not sure "easier" is the word, because it happens at much higher speeds and loadings.

I think because it is so much more consistent, you can invoke certain handling traits, like oversteer, much more safely; in that you know how the car will behave every time.

lol i know how to drive you ass hole..

i think one of my front struts are blown. its clunking every now n then.

so my next pruchase after these wheels are on are the BC's. then i can drop it on its ass again lol

sorry i didnt mean you cant drive, but youll need to adjust the way you drive as the car handles differently.

dropping it on its ass wont help handling BTW

On topic, (calm down ladies) I dont think you need the restriction removed unless you get a highflow as I can bag the wheels up now at takeoff (stock turbo), it is very different with a highflow and most likely gets worse the larger you go. Most likely I will hate the Garrett until the remap is done.

sorry i didnt mean you cant drive, but youll need to adjust the way you drive as the car handles differently.

dropping it on its ass wont help handling BTW

lol i know it wont help handling. i was joking.. mines dumped right now and its a frikin pain. shouldve listened to scott lol

Nice work Leon!

I asked a mate to look into this also, but after everything thats gone on, and your testing, its clearly so much bigger than we all thought!

It's funny how nothing seems easy on the M35. Maybe we should be all driving C34's :laugh: .

I'm now considering this a challenge and will pursue it to it's completion, be it successful or not. With knowledge comes (power?) the ability to find solutions to other needs/wants/problems that may crop up in the future, plus I love to learn.

It has also occured to me that if I have the ability to open the throttle a little more at say 20% (where I sit most of the time on the freeway) it will make the engine more efficient. If, as a byproduct of this, it reduces the injector pulse width with no or little change to cam timing I could have a sweet spot set up for a lean cruise mode. The point being, even if I'm not 100% successful in beating the throttle restriction above 80%, there could be an indirect benefit of this R & D work.

Is the throttle restriction in all gears and at all speeds or is it just first gear and under roughly 30km/h as it feels?

Perhaps it would be possible to trick the ecu into thinking it was in a higher gear or already going faster whilst still in first?

Does the throttle body ever open 100%

I like the way you think -outside the box. I'm not sure if that is a viable solution but I will ponder the implications & anything else related that comes to mind during the week. It seems that almost everything in our factory ECUs are tied to something else. Thanks for your input Steve. Oh, and max throttle I've ever experienced according to the informeter is 85% I think. In the last couple of weeks it's been nothing over 80%. Again, it's so many other factors which determine what the ECU allows you to do.:mad:

As for you other guys - you crack me up :rofl: It doesn't take long to degrade into a free-for-all lol.

Lol, youre all gay and im taken, sorry. :)

as I quote you saying.

"he wants to pay me in beer, I dont drink beer.. if he offered pussy it wouldve been another thing"

the look on your Misses face was priceless